Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shoemaking

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 zsubabus

Hi, yes I definitely would like to attend this course. I really hope you manage to organize one. I am looking forward to it! Please let me know!Suzi

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

For those interested in shoemaking you must also research the method of shoemaking you wish to learn. Traditional bespoke shoes are welted [i.e. sewn] whereas many fashion or other shoes are cemented [i.e. glued]. There are some welted shoemakers working in Ireland, Tutty's in Naas, Co. Kildare being one and Robinsons in Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim another. Orthopaedic shoemakers should also be capable of making shoes to the same standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 comccart

Hi kadman,

Also very interested in this. Any more updates before I head off to England to try it out??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mmkay

Hi I would be interested in such a course. I'm sure if you have the experience and skills you can present this course to one of the government ran course providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 adrianobackes

Hello! I am looking to learn as well! I need asap to start a project... Do we have a course here in Ireland already? Thank you!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement