Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE plus BBC New year 2013/2014 Official Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

amdublin wrote: »
    Steaaaaaaaaddddyyyy!

I got an awful slating on the lls thread for saying that in 50 years Gary Barlow/take that songs will be classics like the Beatles :) Something I stand by!!!!
    See you all back here in 50 years to confirm! :)

I completely agree that Gary Barlow is just as good as the Beatles and putting on the most fantastic thing that I have ever seen. He is truly amazing. He might actually be the second coming of Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

LordSutch wrote: »
    If you have a good sound system plugged into your TV, the London NYE fireworks are not only visually stunning, but audibly mesmerizing too :))

There is also a pumping soundtrack, which adds to the booms and bangs of the display . . . . .

That display makes NYE LordSutch. It is consistently breathtaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

If anybody wants to cash in their bets against Amdub, I'll cover them right now.. :D

I'll give you the money in 50 years CH........Out of my Vast Estate....:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I completely agree that Gary Barlow is just as good as the Beatles and putting on the most fantastic thing that I have ever seen. He is truly amazing. He might actually be the second coming of Christ.

Going mental on the piano there! He's GREAT!

Right sing song going on with Barlow.

They should send a tape of it over to RTE. Unfortunately, it might not play just like Hector breaking for the border.

That tape played second time round, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,283 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You would think with The Gathering sponsoring it they could have went ad free for 3 whole hours of the year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Gary Barlow with a tambourine!!!!

*screams like it is 7 November 1963 and you're in the Adelphi cinema in Dublin*
    ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing the Ships in Dublin Port blowing the Ship Horns at 12....

Little things in life!...:)

You would think with The Gathering sponsoring it they could have went ad free for 3 whole hours of the year.

Is The Gathering funding not just the taxpayer or am I missing something? We are paying for this twice over.

I'm looking forward to hearing the Ships in Dublin Port blowing the Ship Horns at 12....

LOVE that!

• Advertisement

Joe would close a free bar.

M

Yes love that, might jump out in the car and hit the horn for a 21 gun midnight salute, feck the neighbours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lift the roof

Gary B has just brought Alfie Boe on - singing Queen, Don't Stop me Now.

The smile on Barlow's face is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

who is she in the white dresssssssss

Yes love that, might jump out in the car and hit the horn for a 21 gun midnight salute, feck the neighbours :D

Go for it AD!.......:):):)

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Yeah & if you listen very, very carefully, you can even hear the joyous & melodious sounds of Come On You Boys In Blue ! :D:D:D

(Sorry, couldn't resist when I saw your user name. :P)

I suppose ye were long enough winning noting its hard to begrudge ye having a few good years :):)

Roll on 2014.

Ok, who is the lady in the white dress and jeez amdublin you were right, that presenter is annoying.

M

They must have all got a nice wedge for appearing tonight they are talking the place up like it was 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

COYW wrote: »
    Ok, who is the lady in the white dress and jeez amdublin you were right, that presenter is annoying.

Girl in the white dress is Aobheann McGinnity.... actress from Love/Hate.. She plays Nidge's wife..

Here's an interesting story in light of the fact that Danny just split up with Laura Whitmore

Danny O’Reilly is not dating Love/Hate star Aoibhinn McGinnity – they’re just friends, says Danny’s mum Mary Black

• Advertisement

Conspiracy Theory Joe........

What a night to start.

COYW wrote: »

Aoibhinn Mcginnity plays the part of Nidges wife in Love/Hate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

no sign of the mobile networks going down yet, it was early last year when mine stopped last year

Girl in the white dress is Aobheann McGinnity.... actress from Love/Hate.. She plays Nidge's wife..

I have never watched Love/Hate but thanks for that.

God, Joe is really on his soap box isn't he.

I AM INVIGORATED WATCHING THE BEEB!!!!!

I flicked over to rte for like a split second, sweet jesus Jooooooooooooe Duffy is still on????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

A Vatican Spring on New Years Eve, seriously Joe?...raise your hand if you give a $hit...hic... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Decent line up compared to last year on Jools Hootenany

Now it's Prime Time.

Anyone know any jokes lads??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Karaoke from Barlow. Disappoint.

• Advertisement

Gary just brought in the brass band section for a medley of songs. I am excited!

Advertisement