Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFGC Presents - The Irish Open

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

guess we better load the cars with some set ups in that case..

I'm sure AJ would appreciate that. All hands on deck type of thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I have an Xbox with Ultra, and Tekken Tag, MK, KoF, VF5, 3s, mvc2, on hdd.

Would be good for casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

So we got dieminion and PoFree, this tourney sounds exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

I'll be there. Getting back into SF after a long break.

Will be streaming at twitch.tv/ladnopoka today if anyone wants to join :D

I've got a month to get my **** together and win this tournament... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Good. Dont want these boys coming over here thinking they own the place.

Unequalled Media have confirmed. UMTyrant, Managers and the 2 Dragons.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I don't know who any of them are.

I don't know who any of them are.

ChopperByrne, the IT girl of fighting games :P

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

For people planning to attend from overseas i put together a short guide on how to get here and where to stay.

There are many places to stay in Dublin, but prices vary depending on the location within the city. For most gamers who are on a budget, the cheapest option I found for the 8th of November is to stay at the Carlton hotel located right beside Dublin airport. This hotel is a 4 star hotel and costs £54 pounds per night for a double/twin room. If you share a room it will only cost you £27 pounds per night, and if you’re not sharing £54 pound is not going to break the bank.

The hotel is conveniently located right beside the airport and offers a free shuttle service to and from the airport. The shuttle pick up point is located outside the airport in the coach departure area in zone 14. It is recommended that you ring the hotel when you arrive from inside the airport on the free hotel phone service to let them know you are waiting at the pickup point. This will save you waiting around in the cold for the shuttle service that only runs about once per hour. The number to call is 106, this will put you through directly to the hotel or alternatively you can call the driver of the shuttle bus on +353 86 8525409.

From the Carlton hotel there is a bus stop outside that will take you directly into the city centre. Any bus with the number 33, 41, 41b, 41c will take you directly to O`Connell bridge in the heart of the city, from here it’s a short walk to the tournament venue. The bus journey from the hotel to the city centre is about 25 minutes and costs about 3 euro. There is also a 24 hour bus service to the airport so you don`t need to worry about staying out late.

Alternatively, If you have a little more cash to spend the tournament organisers have a 20% discount with Dublincithotel.com which is conveniently located on the same street as the tournament venue. Prices are 105 per night in the local currency after the discount is applied, so about £82 per night for a single/twin room. To avail of that discount you can email Rebecca@dublincitihotel.com and use the discount code Txttutor.

If you wish to look up the venue on google maps the venue address is, Trinity bar venue, 46-49 Dame street, Dublin.

Of course there are many other places to stay in Dublin, but Dublin city is a very expensive place to visit especially in or around the tournament venue, so if you do plan to travel to this event or any other event in the future, these options would definitely be the best ones to use.

Flights.

I am only going to cover what I consider to be the cheapest available deals, these flight times wont suit everybody and these airports might be out of your way, but if your desperate enough or addict enough to attend then these prices will hopefully appeal to you.

London Luton to Dublin £54 return.

Traveling on the 8th November, departing at 6.30am from Luton airport parkway, returning the same day at 10pm, the tournament is over at 7pm with more than enough time to get to the airport, a lot of travelling involved for one day, but an attractive price tag with no accommodation needed, if you live in London and don`t want to spend a lot of money to attend this event, this would be your best bet.

London Stansted to Dublin £60 return.

Alternatively, you can fly in Saturday morning at 8.15am from Stansted airport for £60 returning Sunday morning at 8.15am. This is the cheapest flight I found with the most reasonable flights times. But again accommodation is going to be needed.

Birmingham to Dublin £40 return

Travelling on Friday the 7th of November at 4pm, returning Saturday 8th at 10pm. Good flight times, but accommodation required for Friday night.

East midlands to Dublin £39 return

Travelling on Saturday the 8thof November at 6.30am, returning Sunday 9ththat 10pm. Ok flight times, accommodation required for Saturday night.

Manchester to Dublin £19

Travelling on Saturday the 8thth of November at 8am, returning Monday 10th at 6.20am or 8pm, very cheap ticket with good flight times, but accommodation required for Saturday and Sunday night, a good option if a few people travel together and split accommodation.

Newcastle to Dublin £39

Travelling on Friday the 7thof November at 9pm, returning Sunday morning at 9.40am. Good flight times, cheap, accommodation required for Friday/Saturday night.

Glasgow to Dublin £47

Travelling on Friday the 7th of November at 3.30pm, returning Sunday morning at 7am. Decent flight times, cheap, accommodation required for Friday night.

Overall these flight prices are quite reasonable, so if you are thinking about coming to this event book your flight soon to take advantage of these cheap tickets.

FYI a few of us are staying at the Dublin city hotel at the venue that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Guess I should start playing a bit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

Just realised I can't go to this
    :(
    Hope it'a good

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

29 reg for ultra - : 0

Just noticed AnimaX is registered.

TIGER****justgotTIGERreal!

Just noticed AnimaX is registered.

TIGER****justgotTIGERreal!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm going to win it with Deejay.

TheIrishOpen-times.png

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

I'm going to win it with Gief.

Character is so out of control, scarier than vanilla Sagat.

ladnopoka wrote: »
    I'm going to win it with Gief.

Character is so out of control, scarier than vanilla Sagat.

I bet you 100 euro you dont.

Please play Gief against me, picking your alts always works out :P

• Advertisement

Hi guys, just a quick update.

We now have a better idea of numbers and should be able to stay in the black with this one and be able to provide over €600 in cash prizes and over €500 worth of vouchers and sport prizes. We also have 10% matesrates cards for everyone who enters the Irish Open.

20141023_104839.jpg

It is also 99% sure that the stream will work so feel free to pass that link around - http://www.twitch.tv/brianvondoom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

2zatePB.gif

Was bored and did that.

• Company Representative Posts: 14 Verified rep Player1 Gaming: Shane

Best of luck with the event. We're delighted to be able to sponsor some prizes. Really sorry we won't be there in person.

The Vouchers from player1 have arrived.

Bison-50-Dolla.png

Oooooh new stream assets for the day. Should be fun.

Just a reminder- this is on this Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I won't make this lads I'm in work.

Have a blast and I might try get down on my break or meet you after.

So just got word that Dieminion & ISDD will be unable to make it. Problem x will still be in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Well that absolutely sucks.
    Any particular reason?

Both have had difficulties with sponsors and are apologetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Hey, remember this? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87945984
    You’ll have the opportunity to send us in a two minute video showcasing your local community to be shown during the credits of the film as well as on our website.

Would anyone be willing to get something like this organized for this event? This sounds like one of the biggest events y'all will be running and a good chance for decent footage methinks. Maybe even ask a film student one of ye happen to know to pop along and film something if you can!

Advertisement