Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2010 Cooking Club Week 12: Lamb Tagine with Lemon Couscous

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Thanks Schtoom glad you like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

I made this last nite after finding the recipe, substituing the lamb with chicken. The smell in the kitchen all day had me starving, it was aromatic and full of flavour, the tastiest thing I've had in ages! Think I over did the honey, it was a little sweet. Definitley one I'll be trying again, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Finally got around to making this last night and it was really nice.

dsc0427x.jpg

I'd forgotten to buy veg to have with it so I just threw in some frozen peas for the last 5-10 mins. I also forgot to add the Greek Yoghurt at the end but it was still lovely.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Finally got around to making this last night and it was really nice.

dsc0427x.jpg

I'd forgotten to buy veg to have with it so I just threw in some frozen peas for the last 5-10 mins. I also forgot to add the Greek Yoghurt at the end but it was still lovely.

It looks lovely BaZmO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭dixiefly

We made it yesterday (for the third time). Great recipe. I think we included all the spices exactly as stated in the recipe this time. We used fresh parsley as we had in in the garden and we had no fres coriander.

Overall, still a big thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 songbirds

Thanks Foodaholic for this post. Great dish, I added some Madjoole dates for the last 20 minutes of cooking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

We have friends coming over for dinner on Saturday, I'm going to cook this tomorrow (friday) and leave overnight. Looking forward to it already! :)

4 adults and 5 kids so I'm going x1.5 with everything. Will that be ok?

We have friends coming over for dinner on Saturday, I'm going to cook this tomorrow (friday) and leave overnight. Looking forward to it already! :)

4 adults and 5 kids so I'm going x1.5 with everything. Will that be ok?

Sorry only seeing this post now, how did you get on ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I made this again tonight, it was yummy, plus I have plenty leftover for lunch/dinner tomorrow!

PUSH598d9e5c59a0.jpg

(website I use to resize image is down!)

• Advertisement
  • Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

I experimented with the slow cooker for this recipe again and it was gorgeous. Because it was just the two of us, I halved the recipe, and put the cooker on high for 3.5 hrs.

Melted in the mouth and the flavours were a lovely blend from being mixed overnight and then put into the slow cooker for a few hours.

Neyite wrote: »
    I experimented with the slow cooker for this recipe again and it was gorgeous. Because it was just the two of us, I halved the recipe, and put the cooker on high for 3.5 hrs.

Melted in the mouth and the flavours were a lovely blend from being mixed overnight and then put into the slow cooker for a few hours.

I just love slow cookers - makes everything melt in the mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

been meaning to make this for quite a while now, and finally remembered to buy cumin seeds on sunday :)
    made it sunday night...reheated it last night for dinner,delicous! recipe makes a good amount as well in fairness" really tasty, would highly recommend. Next time I might try it in the slow cooker as mentioned above!

forgot to post, but i made this saturday, once all ingredients were added into pan i transferred over to slow cooker.

Was a big hit with guests sat night and also with parents who tried it the following day ( i made a huge batch)

Seriously tasty recipe and very easy!

bigronnie9 wrote: »
    forgot to post, but i made this saturday, once all ingredients were added into pan i transferred over to slow cooker.

Was a big hit with guests sat night and also with parents who tried it the following day ( i made a huge batch)

Seriously tasty recipe and very easy!

Glad you liked it, it's a staple dinner in our house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I made this for dinner on Wednesday. I doubled the amount so we had the leftovers last night. The left overs were better!! The flavours had developed more and were more intense. Delicious recipe. Thanks

• Advertisement

Made this at the weekend (herself requested it) and it was delicious as always, and as usual it surprised me how little effort is involved in making it :)

Stirred a little harissa paste into the yoghurt when serving, perfect comfort food on a cold night!

Advertisement