Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boat missing from Dun Laoghaire

• 24-05-2015 1:59pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Missing boat from Dun Laoghaire Harbour at approximately 5.15 am Sunday Morning . It is a Fairline Phantom 40 .
    Garda Dun Laoghaire 01 6665000
    Coast Guard MRCC 01 6620922

https://www.facebook.com/dlcoastguard

11168463_954469231263763_5903261793299964487_n.jpg?oh=87c5089d6c3e41baa60ce82d76cd6270&oe=560278B0

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Boat has been recovered off Greystones, Garda are dealing with some teenagers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

fergal.b wrote: »
    Boat has been recovered off Greystones, Garda are dealing with some teenagers.

One happy owner I'd say.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

One happy owner I'd say.

They probably got board when they found out it wouldn't do handbreak turns or burnouts :D

Its funny how its classified as missing when its borrowed in such a manner... who knows, it could have been a son or daughter.

Christ, if I was a teenager and my dad owned that boat it would be missing every weekend, lol

Back safe and sound.

11036492_954578224586197_4453893800347944103_n.jpg?oh=54c9724ef8389baf257f871eb7de8122&oe=560CF484

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,548 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Did that go aground in Greystones? We were sailing back into Dublin today and heard a radio shout about a boat down that direction. Hope they get their heads knocked together whoever they were!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Brave little bas*tards!! You'd wonder what goes through some peoples heads!!

It's certainly a step up from the micra they normally joyride in around here :)

Stolen at 5.30am, noticed and reported by lunchtime - what's the chances???

Methinks there might be a teeny bit more to this story than is being reported :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Like could it have been lets go drinking on Daddy's boat and then one thing after another...

None of the owners kids were involved

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dinneenio

At least one of the teens would have had to have prior training. driving something like that with no experience whatsoever would have been very difficult.
    especially pulling into Greystones to refuel on the way back from their little trip to Wexford.
    what i want to know is where they got the cash to refuel something like that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

dinneenio wrote: »
    At least one of the teens would have had to have prior training. driving something like that with no experience whatsoever would have been very difficult.
    especially pulling into Greystones to refuel on the way back from their little trip to Wexford.
    what i want to know is where they got the cash to refuel something like that?!

Did they refuel it? Hard to believe they were served fuel without any questions being asked. As far the piloting of the boat, it's not that difficult...

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Did they refuel it? Hard to believe they were served fuel without any questions being asked. As far the piloting of the boat, it's not that difficult...

A couple of Jerry vans... be grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Ferris

Can't be too many phantom 40's in Dublin.....

http://www.apolloduck.eu/advert.phtml?id=395279

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dinneenio

No its not that difficult for someone who has experience. yes apparently they did in Greystones. a friend of mine saw the boat refueling. sure i've never been questioned about refueling and I've been driving boats of all kinds since i got my rib licence at 16.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Pretty sure greystones doesn't have on the water refuelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Pretty sure greystones doesn't have on the water refuelling?

They don't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

dinneenio wrote: »
    No its not that difficult for someone who has experience. yes apparently they did in Greystones. a friend of mine saw the boat refueling. sure i've never been questioned about refueling and I've been driving boats of all kinds since i got my rib licence at 16.

What?

• Advertisement
Advertisement