Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for information about this boat ..

• 03-05-2015 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

hello all ....
    I have been boating for 3 years now and have decided to buy this boat i am collecting it next week . photo,s below . I have been told it is a Darragh 24 foot with a mitsubishi diesel engine all in running order . what I would like to know is can anyone give me any information on these boat as i have googled Darragh 24 foot boat and can not even see one like it anywhere ..
    any information on this boat would be great . cheers and thanks ..

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Nice looking boat, it might be hard to find a match as Darragh do a lot of custom builds to the buyer specification so there may not be another one quite the same, email them a photo and they might be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭lockmaster

cheers . Fergal & thank you ...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Doing a bit more digging I remembered a friend has a boat with the same type of stern as yours her's is a windy built in Norway. Here is one something like yours http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1989/Windy-26-2741358/Georgian-Bay/Canada#.VUoina13k2I and the photo is of my friends, hope this helps.

11102851_10206507534756525_8125518134265918381_n_zpsoslvquww.jpg

thanks fergal ....
    cheers man for doing all you can to find information about the boat for me . but I have looked & looked and cant find anything about it .. as you said in your first reply they were custom built to requirement so i think it is one of a kind you may find one similar but never the same ...

just one more question to ask you ... what can you tell me about the mitsubishi diesel inboard engine are they good ? are they easy to service ? and what ever else you can tell me ...

cheers man ...

At a guess I'd say it's been refitted with the mitsubishi marine engine or a marinised car,van or jeep engine "easy and cheep to get parts for" more than likely she originally had a volvo penta, as with any engine it depends on how well they are looked after and ease of service depends on how much room you have to work around the engine :)
    I'd say she is a windy sometimes known as a pocket trawler or double ender.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

As a "raggy" I'm no expert on stinkpots - distinctive stern, have you compared her to the Myra Plast boats from Norway? Could Darragh have bought some hulls and finished them here?

cheers for all the information . well as far as I know she has been well looked after and the engine is as clean as a whistle no oil on it at all and she sounds sweet so all in all I reckon she,s a good buy ..

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭spynappels

Nice interesting boat, I take it you'll be using her on inland waterways?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 boldspirit

Hi Lockmaster,

I might be able to help you out on the info, my boating experience was started on a Darragh 24, I've actually been searching for the boat for quite some time now.

My Granddad owned one from new back in the late 70's early 80's there are some pictures in the thread below

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84289112

All though my Dad insist's it was called a Darragh 27

Tabnabs link looks like a perfect match to lockmasters boat http://www.boatoon.com/en/boat-marketplace/motor+boat/nidelv/nidelv-24/7611449548/details/ as pedroeibar1 said maybe the hulls were shipped to a few other companies to be fitted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Donie75

They were also built as a Nidelv 24. This was probably a reincarnation by Darragh Boats in Monaghan. It's a classic Scandinavian style. I remember there were a few around the Inner Lakes around Athlone back in the 80's and 90's.

Sorry lad,s i was up collecting my new Kerrig 24 made by Darragh boat builders of monahan . that is what i have been told off the man i bought her from ... here are a few pictures of her .
    but the common name of them is Darragh 24 because they are built by Darragh of monahan and 24 because they are 24 foot long .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,548 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Lovely looking boat (and that's from a die-hard sailor)!

Best of luck in/with her.

Where will you berth/use her? (I'm just being nosey now!)

cheers and thank you .

i like been nosey too . she will be berthed in castle archdale marina country park in enniskillen on the shores of lough eren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,548 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

lockmaster wrote: »
    i like been nosey too . she will be berthed in castle archdale marina country park in enniskillen on the shores of lough eren
    Not a part of the world I know at all (yet), but I believe it's beautiful up there.

Fair sailing!

cheers again thank you . you would love it . it,s a lovely part of the world and they are all boat mad up there .

Advertisement