Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spiralizer?

• 07-02-2015 1:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

Anyone buy one of those spiralizers? Gimmick or not? I'm really intrigued to see what 'courgetti' tastes like!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Definitely gimmicky. But even so I've heard a lot of people where very surprised with how much they actually use it. Think it was on reddit people were saying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I got one on sale off amazon. I've actually used it a lot more than I thought.

I lvoe spiraling beetroot then roasting it for a few minutes with oil salt and pepper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Love the "zoodles" (zucchini noodles!) from mine (also sale amazon) and I do carrots to make a tasty pickled carrot salad. Also apples with the slice blade fro apple crsips in my othe rgadet , the dehumidifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭natali1982

Is there any shop in Dublin that sells spiralizers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

natali1982 wrote: »
    Is there any shop in Dublin that sells spiralizers?

You might get a small hand held one in home store and more, I spent ages looking for one in shops though and gave in and bought mine from amazon... I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Stock near Grafton Street have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭j2dab

Not gimmick at all. Very handy, use it quite a bit for all sorts. Most common is courgette noodles for stir fry etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

I bought one from grabone.... Brilliant!! Made courgetti this Eve with it, Also great for carrots. Very happy with it so far, and only 15 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

lachin wrote: »
    I bought one from grabone.... Brilliant!! Made courgetti this Eve with it, Also great for carrots. Very happy with it so far, and only 15 quid

Is that offer still available?
    I've been contemplating for the last 6 weeks on getting one; I kept telling myself it's just probably going to be a dust gatherer, but I'm done with using the cheese grater to make courgette + carrot noodles. Will definitely invest in one.
    Next dilemma - vertical or horizontal spiralizer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Other than the spiral bit are they hugely different in what they produce from courgettes etc than a julienne 'peeler'?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Love the "zoodles" (zucchini noodles!) from mine (also sale amazon) and I do carrots to make a tasty pickled carrot salad. Also apples with the slice blade fro apple crsips in my othe rgadet , the dehumidifier.

Could you link to the one you got on amazon? Would really appreciate a recommendation - thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Other than the spiral bit are they hugely different in what they produce from courgettes etc than a julienne 'peeler'?

Not massively in terms of how thick the pieces come out but they come out in longer strips and are more like noodles or spaghetti.

Advertisement