Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Meetup - November 8th - 8:30pm JW Sweetmans

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AdoptedDub22

So sorry guys but I'm going to miss outing the forum meeting tonight! Family emergency! I'm
    Raging! Have a great night tho & I'll definitely make the next one 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So sorry guys but I'm going to miss outing the forum meeting tonight! Family emergency! I'm
    Raging! Have a great night tho & I'll definitely make the next one 😄

Same here. Work stuff came up so cant make it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Running a little late so will defo be at the pub for 8.30! Hope that suits everyone but sure if you're there before ye can get the first round in!!! ^^

Update guys! Just in the door beside the bar with the boards sign! Come one come all! 5 of us so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newbie90

On my way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Little late there soon is that right inside the front door?not up or down stairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Sigh...I just can't make it this time, too much work to do over the weekend. I would have particularly liked to meet some of you there but next time definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 babysock88

Guys I can't make it in now...the mother arrived to Dublin unexpectedly a few gours ago & I have to entertain & host her for the night. Rage but hope ye all enjoy the night and I look forward to hearing how it went! ( :

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

How did it go?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

• Advertisement

Highlights of the night included the boards poster accidentally going up in flames and nearly brawling on the street with some fool in the que to the George (excitement)

Suppose meeting some sound people for a few drinks was good too ^^ all in all though, great Craic and thanks for the amazing turn out folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Enjoyable evening

Well Done for organising

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Use your vote

Ash885 wrote: »
    Highlights of the night included the boards poster accidentally going up in flames!
    So, Boards meet-up sets Dublin city nightlife ablaze!

Great night and many thanks to Ash885 for organising!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Raging I missed this :( I need to check this forum more often!

Well if there's interest in a December one ye never know! ^^

Want to be getting on that pretty fast there Ash. We're already being on the timeframe for this month's. Coming into Christmas Party season too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Chop chop Ash
    ;)

Actually good point, I've two Christmas parties and a 12 Pubs coming up to contend with. But if anyone else want's to make the plunge...?

I'd more than likely be going out over Christmas in Dublin but would be very hard/impossible to find a date that would suit a lot of us...

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

I thought last week was great :) it was my first time in The George as well... To be honest, I thought it would be like a bar before we went in rather than a full-fledged nightclub with strobe lighting and suchlike.... Either way, it was still enjoyable :D

LoganRice wrote: »
    I thought last week was great :) it was my first time in The George as well... To be honest, I thought it would be like a bar before we went in rather than a full-fledged nightclub with strobe lighting and suchlike.... Either way, it was still enjoyable :D

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! Haha great stuff. I don't think the G is half as bad as people make out it is! Always healthy though to try other places to comapre :D Glad you enjoyed it!

• Advertisement

Ash885 wrote: »
    Actually good point, I've two Christmas parties and a 12 Pubs coming up to contend with. But if anyone else want's to make the plunge...?

I'd more than likely be going out over Christmas in Dublin but would be very hard/impossible to find a date that would suit a lot of us...

We could do a 12 pubs.....over 2 nights

Advertisement