Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absent Fathers

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Ok if that is the case then one cant turn around and request facilitation or support if they don't want interference. Seperate is seperate.

I don't think you would think it was ok for R and J to ask for the inlaws to pay for the wedding or babysit the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Ok if that is the case then one cant turn around and request facilitation or support if they don't want interference. Seperate is seperate.
    Ideally in the case of children of parents who are apart, cooperation is preferable and in itself is a separate relationship and should be treated as such. After all, both parents have separate relationships with the child and love it, so makes sense that they would do this.

Of course, if the choice is between a negative involvement by the custodial parent, in the relationship with the non-custodial one, and no involvement, then the latter is preferable.
    I don't think you would think it was ok for R and J to ask for the inlaws to pay for the wedding or babysit the kids.
    No I wouldn't. But neither do I think that they should have made it all about their own wishes, to the point that they killed the one's they loved.

You cant say its separate and then say its not separate when its convenient. It doesn't work that way. It might be nice to think so, but it just doesn't work that way. Why do you think people are so nice to their inlaws when they want to kill them? Maybe R and J should have done more work on that.

And no one killed Romeo and Juliet, they killed themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

You cant say its separate and then say its not separate when its convenient.
    I'm not. My relationship with a friend is with that friend alone. However, if he has a wife or girlfriend, her relationship with me will naturally become an influence, for good or ill. But ultimately that is a separate relationship and that influence is imposed on a relationship that is not her own. And if she splits with my friend, my relationship with him will still remain - and this is the proof that it is separate.

Suggesting, as you appear to be, that a father's relationship with his child is a three-way thing is such an imposition; a demand that it should be about her and not about the father or his child. And that, with all due respects, is quite selfish.

See, there you go with your name calling again. See ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

After 456 posts...the words dog and bone spring to mind:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Okie dokie,I think this has pretty much run its course so Im going to lock it.Any objections drop me a PM and I will see about re-opening it however I dont believe much more can be said.Thanks to those that contributed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement