Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Bright LED Torch €4.77 Delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Got it this morning.Certainly bright and is made of metal,so worth the purchase price I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Got it, not bad at all. I seems to have some kind of sos capability. When you turn it on it comes on regular, then of you half press the button it turns to strobe, then again and if my Morse code translation is correct is flashes "SOS"

Thanks OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I got the two I bought yesterday morning.

They're very very bright.

I think it'd be useful even for children at Halloween.

I have it just in case my electricity goes which it usually does at this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭U2Flyboy

I bought one of these from T Mart recently can't remember the price e6 approx.Great light can be heavy on battery use.Better to get the optional 18650 Li ion battery and charger for it.I'd say 3 AAA A Batteries would only last 20 to 30 mins on full power.Correct me if I'm wrong! It gets warm in use as it's quite powerful. Great light though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

U2Flyboy wrote: »
    I'd say 3 AAA A Batteries would only last 20 to 30 mins on full power.Correct me if I'm wrong! It gets warm in use as it's quite powerful. Great light though!

My single {2700 rechargeable} AA 5w led torch (better than messing around with x3 aaa's in a barrel) will run a full month on almost daily short occasional use.

One advantage of LED is the low power, so 3/5w cree chips about the same as a kitchen radio on low/standby settings, and no complicated transformers, nor circuit boards to power.

The 7/10w versions can be a bit more power hungry though and can be some heat related issues with them. Had a 20w pure led floodlight but it burnt itself out after using for just couple of months, so they don't like getting hot.

Imagine once led's replace the street lights of the planet, it will shave maybe 10% circa of the earth's electric bill. The chap that discovered them picked up a Nobel prize recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Joe Doe wrote: »
    The chap that discovered them picked up a Nobel prize recently.
    No he didn't, they passed him over, he's not impressed about it either.

Nobel Prizes are gone to f*ck now, getting worse every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Ah so it went to other group who focused on the 'bluer' led spectrum. Low-energy blue LEDs are used to create a more efficient white-light lightbulb. Prefer regular blue to the warmer glow but read blue can interfere with melatonin signals if used at night.

4/5 of the earth's electric consumption is for lighting usage apparently, struth.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,883 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Joe Doe wrote: »
    4/5 of the earth's electric consumption is for lighting usage apparently, struth.
    Nah, its only about 20% in the US and it will be less elsewhere, nowhere near 4/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Ordered on the 23rd September no sign yet

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

That's nothing with these guys - wait a month, forget about it and then one day you'll get a surprise in the post

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

the_pod wrote: »
    That's nothing with these guys - wait a month, forget about it and then one day you'll get a surprise in the post

Yeah!

"Sign here please", what did I order?

Oh yeeeeeeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Got mine today, as with prev purcahse had forgotten about it :)
    What batteries does it take?

AAA's.
    I have another order from them that was dispatched three weeks ago apparently.Must be using Rickshaws or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

AAA's as mentioned by kneemos but it will be a good bit brighter with an 18650 battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Got mine today (it arrived in the post yesterday but collected this morning).
    Incredible value for a fiver, thanks again OP

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

the_pod wrote: »
    Got mine today (it arrived in the post yesterday but collected this morning).
    Incredible value for a fiver, thanks again OP

Do you mind posting what date it was shipped on. Might give others a rough time frame on delivery.

Mine shipped 26th September but nothing yet.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Nobel Prizes are gone to f*ck now, getting worse every year.

Zero respect for it since they gave Obombya it ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Package arrived today no paperwork and only 1 torch despite ordering 2. Any one have the same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Still haven't got mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Still haven't got mine.

Nor me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Nor me.

same as that...and paid for it a month ago

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Still haven't got mine.
    Nor me.
    jay0109 wrote: »
    same as that...and paid for it a month ago

Me neither. Paid and shipped on 26th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

kceire wrote: »
    Me neither. Paid and shipped on 26th September.

Best to forget about it, and one day it'll come along as a lovely surprise. The last couple of things I ordered from Tmart took 6 weeks to arrive. In fact, I've just checked now, and stuff I ordered on September 16th still haven't arrived.

Don't worry, it'll arrive, but don't go checking the mail for it every day hoping to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Anybody know how to zoom in and out on the bloody thing?

rogieop wrote: »
    Anybody know how to zoom in and out on the bloody thing?

The top moves up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,883 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Great torch tbh, twice as big as I expected and ultra bright, looks exactly like those €50-80 ones you see in display cases in fishing and hunting shops, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Still have not received mine.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Me either but the postage is very slow from China atm.
    This week I received a battery charger that I had ordered in early September and refunded by the seller a few weeks ago so chances are that it will come ............eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Mine arrived Friday.
    Good torch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

pissed wrote: »
    Still have not received mine.:(

Same here :(:(:(

Advertisement