Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi €10 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

walsh08 wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me if these are being used in Tesco does it also have to be before the week is out?Thank you.
    There is a full page ad in the same paper on page 9 for Tesco saying they will take the tokens

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

For anyone that missed out Dunnes clubcard mailing is out and I got my vouchers along with 5 weeks spend €40 save €8 1 for each week. Tesco took these for me before my shopping this week will be divided into 2 to get the aldi offer and dunnes offer. Happy days love saving money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Hiddden

I got the paper and went to Aldi yesterday. Had previously bought Irish Independent by mistake (2.30 for the newspaper, where the free pack is priced as 1.50 or something)!! So, grabbed the flavored water pack and also used the voucher, but ended up shopping a bit more that what I needed to reach 50 euro! Not bad though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

deisediva wrote: »
    For anyone that missed out Dunnes clubcard mailing is out and I got my vouchers along with 5 weeks spend €40 save €8 1 for each week. Tesco took these for me before my shopping this week will be divided into 2 to get the aldi offer and dunnes offer. Happy days love saving money :)

ya depends what yer buying though.. if its everyday groceries then a spend of €90 in Tescos will save you €18 with vouchers... If you bought the same items (leavingaside quality/taste etc.) in Aldi would they be any dearer than €72 {90-18) (i doubt it!)..plus factor back in the €10 voucher and if you were to pay €72 in aldi ...you could potentially be spending €62 .
    Depends what yer buying of course.. Probably the only way to break even with aldi is to stock up on special offers with tescos! Would it be beyond the bounds of speculation to asdume tescos might cancel a lot of their special offers and maybe put a few cent on regular items here and there?

Like when they put up the prices of petrol when the 10c off a litre vouchers were thrown around like confetti!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

I understand these will be running next 2 Sundays as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Last time I had some of these Aldi vouchers, I was able to use in Tesco on a transaction that included two phone top-up coupons. In that Tesco the woman at the checkout was enthusing over the voucher and said she also used them to buy top-up. A couple of days later I tried to use another Aldi voucher to buy top-up in a different Tesco. This time I was turned down. The manager was called over and I was admonished for even trying to use it.

Have any of you used voucher in Tesco this week to buy phone top-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

It never rains but it pours no money off vouchers for ages now a load together.
    Supervalu mailing today 2 x vouchers for next 2 weeks spend €50 save €9 . Will have to carefully plan my shopping list this week get value for money.
    Supervalu seem to have lots of offers on in store too .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    I understand these will be running next 2 Sundays as well

This for fact?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Do Tesco only accept one competitors coupon per transaction? I have that aldi coupon from the paper & also a dunnes €18 off when you spend €100 as well as €7 in clubcard vouchers - so could i spend €100 in tesco & get €35 off??
    Also does anyone know if tesco accept the individual product coupons that come in the dunnes clubcard mailing eg; €1 off Hellman's Mayonnaise etc?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Guys have you heard of this, since March we have spent around €2000 on shopping. We got our Dunnes clubcard vouchers....€18 worth. We were expecting more, and ill tell you why. My partner's mother lives with her husband and wouldnt spend anywhere near as much as us in Dunnes during the same period.
    However she (her mother) got €24 in vouchers. We were a bit ticked off by it.
    I rang up the clubcard line and she rattled off that we had a spend of 2000 euro from march til now and that he amount of vouchers seemed right :-(
    We spend about €200 a week every week in Dunnes.
    Your thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Stop shopping there is my initial thought. Second one is how the heck do ya spend 200 a week.

Most likely answer is they shop different and may have availed of items why higher points back or double etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Your thoughts?

Your mother in law spent more in Dunnes.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

leck wrote: »
    Last time I had some of these Aldi vouchers, I was able to use in Tesco on a transaction that included two phone top-up coupons. In that Tesco the woman at the checkout was enthusing over the voucher and said she also used them to buy top-up. A couple of days later I tried to use another Aldi voucher to buy top-up in a different Tesco. This time I was turned down. The manager was called over and I was admonish end for even trying to use it.

Have any of you used voucher in Tesco this week to buy phone top-up?

I had a bunch of Lidl 20% off €50 or more vouchers in the past few weeks which I used successfully in Tesco to buy phone top ups and non-tesco gift cards amongst the rest of my shopping. No questions asked.

MYOB wrote: »
    Your mother in law spent more in Dunnes.

No way, not possible. She doesnt spend anywhere near €200 a week on groceries in Dunnes.
    i know €200 seems a lot. Myself and my partner and 4 children is where the €200 goes. We do try and seek out value and offers.
    We used to go to Aldi and spend about 135 but her argument is we cant get everything there, so we then usually go to SuperValu and spend another 80-100, crazy stuff :-(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

No way, not possible. She doesnt spend anywhere near €200 a week on groceries in Dunnes.

Points are given on money spent.

MYOB wrote: »
    Points are given on money spent.

well obviously there's a mistake somewhere so, as ive explained the spend situation.

well obviously there's a mistake somewhere so, as ive explained the spend situation.

That's really not very likely.

Remember that Dunnes sell a lot more than just food, all of which gets points.

• Advertisement

ok so maybe thats it then, clothing and the 25%
    Just seems a paltry amount back in vouchers for having shopped there, well, every weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

ok so maybe thats it then, clothing and the 25%
    Just seems a paltry amount back in vouchers for having shopped there, well, every weekend

Yes it's not great but would be about 1% which sounds right. We get extra points with Tesco for any spend on our Tesco credit card so would have gotten an extra 1/2% or €10 for that spend.

Used my Aldi voucher in Tesco yesterday combined with Moy Park €1 vouchers for a saving of €16. Bought 6 Chicken kiev 2 packs. They are €2.29 down to €1.29 for a 2 pack with the voucher. It's the voucher that keeps on giving. Doesn't expire until Dec 14

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Your thoughts?

Now what will I have for Lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Does anyone know if Supervalu accept the Aldi voucher ?

Barr wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Supervalu accept the Aldi voucher ?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Do'h forgot to use it in the Aldi weekly shop this week , think its time for a wine run to Tesco and use it there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Don't forget your indo today for the voucher again guys!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

tantipie wrote: »
    Don't forget your indo today for the voucher again guys!!!

Cool! Yesterday- I used 2 * Aldi 10 Euro off when you spend 50 vouchers, 1 by Dunnes, 15 off when you spend 60 voucher and 1 by Dunnes 8 off when you spend 40 voucher. Kids have new clothes, and the larder and freezer are well stocked! Tesco must be regretting this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Tesco must be regretting this offer.

Not really. They are deliberately setting out to arrest their decline in market share and seem willing to sacrifice profitability in the pursuit of market share. Holding onto the No.1 retailer in Ireland title seems, for the management at least, to be the priority. I wonder if this is one of these where management have lost the plot as shareholders would prioritise profitability over market share but management are doing the opposite not to lose face and to remain 'top dog' by the main measure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Cool! Yesterday- I used 2 * Aldi 10 Euro off when you spend 50 vouchers, 1 by Dunnes, 15 off when you spend 60 voucher and 1 by Dunnes 8 off when you spend 40 voucher. Kids have new clothes, and the larder and freezer are well stocked! Tesco must be regretting this offer.
    Are there any limitations on what they can be redeemed against in tesco?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement