Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just joined a gym... Advice?

• 02-04-2014 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi all,

I've just joined a gym and I'm looking for advice about the best routine to follow. I'm not a big cardio fan, and I'd like to start lifting weights, but I don't even know how to go about it.

Let me tell you my stats and goals and that might help.

I'm female, 5'5, 157lbs, hourglass shaped and I carry most of my weight on my belly.

I eat a fairly clean diet (no sugar or processed food) but I do eat a little more carbs and less protein than I maybe should. I'm trying to remedy that though, and I'm quite knowledgeable about nutrition so I don't need help there. I'm eating around 1,400 cals a day but I have an extremely sedentary lifestyle right now.

My main goal is fat loss and secondary goal is toning up. I have a strong lower body and a pitifully weak upper body :o.

Can anyone recommend a routine? How much and what kind of cardio and what kind of strength training? I'll try to book a personal training session but I'd love to hear from the expertise in this forum too.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Hi all,

I've just joined a gym and I'm looking for advice about the best routine to follow. I'm not a big cardio fan, and I'd like to start lifting weights, but I don't even know how to go about it.

Let me tell you my stats and goals and that might help.

I'm female, 5'5, 157lbs, hourglass shaped and I carry most of my weight on my belly.

I eat a fairly clean diet (no sugar or processed food) but I do eat a little more carbs and less protein than I maybe should. I'm trying to remedy that though, and I'm quite knowledgeable about nutrition so I don't need help there. I'm eating around 1,400 cals a day but I have an extremely sedentary lifestyle right now.

My main goal is fat loss and secondary goal is toning up. I have a strong lower body and a pitifully weak upper body :o.

Can anyone recommend a routine? How much and what kind of cardio and what kind of strength training? I'll try to book a personal training session but I'd love to hear from the expertise in this forum too.

Thanks!

If i were you id get a programme done out and maybe train on a 1:1 once a week

I have over the yrs been involved in comperitive sports but when i was young and fit i didnt think i needed a programme in the gym

Now that im older i regret not doin a programme as it wpuld have benefitted me even more 10-15 yrs ago

Im in with a personal trainer once a week now am 18 weeks pregnant on 3rd child.
    I highly recvommend a programme !

Advertisement