Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footwear - Body pump and aerobics

Options
  • 02-04-2014 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

I had been doing a lot of running over the last few years and had always used Asics Nimbus.

I'm taking a break from the running and have been doing more gym based exercise - mainly body pump. Does anyone have any advice on what footwear I should be wearing? I'm not sure that a running shoe is suitable and want to make sure that my feet and arches are properly supported when lifting weights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What kind of lifting of weights is involved in body pump?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

bodypump.jpg

Barbell weights like this. Wouldn't be lifting anything crazy but there's about 800 reps in different positions. I don't think there's enough stability in my running shoes. I've always been a runner so don't really have much experience inside the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

paulers06 wrote: »
    bodypump.jpg

Barbell weights like this. Wouldn't be lifting anything crazy but there's about 800 reps in different positions. I don't think there's enough stability in my running shoes. I've always been a runner so don't really have much experience inside the gym

The weight isn't heavy so it's whatever you feel most comfortable in. You'd probably find cross trainers good for it.

In what way do you not feel stable in running shoes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

paulers06 wrote: »
    bodypump.jpg

That looks like my idea of hell.

Advertisement