Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Needling & Deep Tissue Massage

Options
  • 26-07-2013 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been suffering with mid thoracic back pain for 14 months now. A few months back I got an MRI which showed disc degeneration and a small bulge at T6-7. Physio told me my back was extremely stiff and I had poor posture so I have been working on opening up the T-Spine with the grid roller and tennis balls/hard spike massage balls, as well as stretching and foam rolling the chest. I cant seem to shake that tightness/pain in the thoracic area. Could any of you who have been through something similar recommend someone in either dry needling or deep tissue massage? Or even recommend someone who has a record of dealing with this issue. I am based in the north side. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

I feel your pain Dave, I've got similar issues stemming from cervical spine, but equally bad thoracic posture.

IMO it's a long hard road to correcting kyphotic posture with daily exercises pretty much a necessity...especially if you're stuck in the same situation that created it daily.

I was going to Tadhg in Pearse St. Physiotherapy (Aidan Woods' facility) I'd have no hesitation in recommending those guys, but unfortunately progress is slow. That was mainly manipulation and trigger point therapy, I've been recommended a good deep tissue guy out in citywest too so i'll let you know how that goes as another prong to the attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Thanks for that cmyk its going to take a lot of work. Yeah I would be interested in hearing how the deep tissue massage goes, hopefully there will be some light at the end of the tunnel!

Advertisement