Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GLS couriers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sara66750

Can I sugest that every one that has a problem with GLS make a complaint on this site
    Perhaps if there are enough .......

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

i have had nothing but problems with this company - last time i used them
    a very expensive piece of software was to be delivered by them -
    they rang me on the day of delivery to ask if i would collect it from their central office ... the bloody cheek, i told them no way in hell i would pick it up. two days later it arrives looking like its been sat on and kicked around the place.

I rang the company i ordered from and complained. they offered to send out another copy by fedex - and said they would never use GLS again - one year later and an update for the software arrives by fedex....

moral of the story is complain to the company you order off - if they are any good they will listen and switch couriers. thankfully GLS wont be getting any more of my money.

ft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sara66750

sara66750 wrote: »
    Can I sugest that every one that has a problem with GLS make a complaint on this site
    Perhaps if there are enough .......
    My link was removed to but I received a very quick and good response from ASOS after posting on that site, sadly as I could not find an email address for GSL the message could not be sent to them . I am just hoping that with the help of a map (old technology) or GPS they manage to find me duh! - my parcel is sitting in Perpignan just 7 miles away - all other deliveries with the same address format seem to find me - Their website makes all sorts of claims but has no way to seek redress for non or bad delivery or to complain

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

GLS are the worst delivery company i have ever used. I had some items sitting in cork for about 2 weeks. I rang each day and was told they will deliver when they have enough items to warrent going to that part of the city. I couldnt believe what they were telling me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brum

Does anyone know if GLS, Cork are open today?

They have a package belonging to me and if I dont get it today, I wont get it for 3 weeks because Im heading away.

Also, can someone please give directions to GLS in Cork, driving from City.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

They are muppets. Best thing is to find their number and call them.
    You might need the package or tracking number.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

brum wrote: »
    Does anyone know if GLS, Cork are open today?

They have a package belonging to me and if I dont get it today, I wont get it for 3 weeks because Im heading away.

Also, can someone please give directions to GLS in Cork, driving from City.
    Thanks

GLS
    Unit 2
    Wallingstown Business Park,
    Little ISland.
    021 4297560

Directions are hard ! It's in the older/industrialised part of Little Island at the tunnel end (ish). I went there once and did my head in finding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brum

GLS Customer Service my Arse!

So I emailed GLS yesterday to find out where package was.
    I got an email back say that package had not been recieved.
    Thats fine I though, checked back later, the tracking describtion was like something from NASA so I emailed again.
    Reply this morning said tracking information was incorrect and best thing to do was call local GLS in Cork and even gave phone number. Good stuff, delighted with the help.
    tried calling about 12-15 times, no answer. Emailed guy back.
    Reply said, GLS closed today but best try Monday!!!!
    I replied as you can imagine and got package redirected to my work!!!(package will prob go missing now)

Poor fella sending the emails was only doing his job but service in general???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I've them in my phone as "F**king GLS". I had an awful time with them few years back. Thought they'd have improved by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭collegemum

got a phone delivered by GLS from Dublin depot to a Dublin Address.
    You wouldn't believe the state of it when it arrived.

The inner box looked like a 15stone person had danced on it. - I got a replacement and picked it up myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Crimbo

Rural location here and rely on buying stuff online. I cringe every time i hear that GLS have my stuff. The latest is some parts i needed to do a job for a friend. Ordered the parts from the uk on Monday 11th and paid extra for express airmail. What a waste of money here we are a full week later on Monday 18th and still no sign. Stuff i have bought online has ended up with GLS at least 20 times and not once has the stuff arrived when it should have. I have never had any problems with any of the other couriers just GLS. Steer well clear if you have an option on not using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 harry1

I have bought stuff online and it has been sent to me using GLS on a few occasions. Have to say I've never had any problems with them.

Last time, it only took 3 days from buying the stuff in the UK, til it was delivered. Delivery guy rang me about a half hour before he was due to my house. I wasn't there but was able to organise leaving it with a neighbour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 EPD

Hi guys ive been reading the posts i need help here this is my story.
    i bought an item on ebay the other day,today i got an email from the seller
    on ebay to contact parcel force,i have never heard of them before and i cant seem to be able to find them, usually if there i a delivery and there isn't anyone at home you would get a card in the letter box but i haven't revived any, apart from that there was someone at home all week so i don't think they came to the house,so has anyone any idea who parcel force is and how do get in contact whit them i live in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

EPD wrote: »
    Hi guys ive been reading the posts i need help here this is my story.
    i bought an item on ebay the other day,today i got an email from the seller
    on ebay to contact parcel force,i have never heard of them before and i cant seem to be able to find them, usually if there i a delivery and there isn't anyone at home you would get a card in the letter box but i haven't revived any, apart from that there was someone at home all week so i don't think they came to the house,so has anyone any idea who parcel force is and how do get in contact whit them i live in Dublin

As far as I know... Parcel Force are a UK company (part of Royal Mail I believe).. they don't deliver directly to Ireland, they subcontract to GLS for Irish deliveries.. Give GLS a call .. (do you have a tracking number?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Yep. Parcelforce are UK company. But sometimes they use GLS.:mad:

Most times they use An Post, so fingers crossed for the postman. He is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Anyone know if its possible to go pick up a parcel from GLS in Blanch tomorrow (saturday) if you know the parcel is there and dont want to wait until monday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ruab

GLS- Great Load of sh*te!

I strongly suggest that anyone who possibly can, avoid this monumentally moronic, stupendously incompetent, no, sub-incompetent, puddle of primordial slime.

I live in a clearly signposted village 6 miles from a main road, and a parcel from Scotland has been returned to sender not once, but twice, marked 'incorrect address'. (incorrect mi arse, dozens of other packages have arrived fine.)

They should have a sign on all their vans, as follows:

WARNING: this is not a real company, it's a joke company, run by morons
    w/o basic cognitive function. Odds are good you'll be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I just googled this as my billing address was set to Cork, but my shipping address was set to Kerry and my package was dispatched in Cork city...

Anyway It just arrived and I'm not complaining CRC handed it over to Parcel Force on Friday evening, here this morning at 11am, And I'm well off the beaten track too!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spidermany

Due to receive a parcel from GLS today. I received an email from the supplier to say it was sent yesterday. I've used the GLS tracking system and it's supposedly on a van. I rang a depot and checked that the driver knows where he's going and apparently he does, but I left my phone number just in case. There will be somebody at home all day.

So now I'm waiting.....................

And waiting..............................

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

This is what I posted in the Online Buying Forum on 10th June, as I didn't really expect to get a GLS delivery that day, or even that week:
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    Mine arrived half an hour ago by GLS:eek:

It was the first time that I never had a phone call from them to ask for directions, which is a miracle compared to what happened a few years ago, when my parcels used to wander around the country from depot to depot for a week before I managed to get delivery, and after I'd made a dozen phonecalls.

They must have got their act together, finally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spidermany

Well, being a tad impatient I rang them at 13.15 to see where my parcel was. The phone was answered promply and a very helpful young lady offered to contact the driver to get a rough estimate of his arrival time. 15.30 to 16.30 was what I was told.

At 15.35 the driver rang me to say he was going to be delayed and was that ok, he hoped to be with me by 17.30. He was a "foreigner" but his English was excellent and despite his accent very easy to understand.

At 16.55 he arrived without ringing for directions, and as I leave on a lane that's good.

It's a thumbs up for GLS from me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wilbur the 1st

Hmm parcel posted two and a half weeks ago, seems to have never existed. What a load of muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

What does guys think of DPD/Interlink vs GLS ? Are they both good/bad , have GLS got their act toghether? I'd be really interested in your opinions as I'm currently using DPD but considering other options to reduce costs.

Thanks in advance

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Tony wrote: »
    What does guys think of DPD/Interlink vs GLS ? Are they both good/bad , have GLS got their act toghether? I'd be really interested in your opinions as I'm currently using DPD but considering other options to reduce costs.

Thanks in advance

*I AM A GLS PARCELSHOP*

I am a retail shop which is a sending point for members of the public to send parcels, but have no real connection with them.

I must have shipped about 50 parcels up to now and the only problem I have encountered is when the customer misses the collection time. So the parcel stays here until the following working day. This can cause issue as people expect next day irish delivery. Every parcel has a bar code for tracking online. When the van collects it, it goes to blanchardstown and goes on the system.

One poster mentioned his parcel doesnt exist, well I dont know how, as the sender has a receipt. On the receipt, we stick a tracking barcode number. If its not on the system, it never got to the depot. Go back to the sending point!

One of my parcels did come back once, it was sent to Monaco, little did I know Monaco is not in the EU. It just meant I had to ring the customer and apologise as I should not have accepted it.

I cannot understand half of the complaints here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

*I AM A GLS PARCELSHOP*

I am a retail shop which is a sending point for members of the public to send parcels, but have no real connection with them.

I must have shipped about 50 parcels up to now and the only problem I have encountered is when the customer misses the collection time. So the parcel stays here until the following working day. This can cause issue as people expect next day irish delivery. Every parcel has a bar code for tracking online. When the van collects it, it goes to blanchardstown and goes on the system.

One poster mentioned his parcel doesnt exist, well I dont know how, as the sender has a receipt. On the receipt, we stick a tracking barcode number. If its not on the system, it never got to the depot. Go back to the sending point!

One of my parcels did come back once, it was sent to Monaco, little did I know Monaco is not in the EU. It just meant I had to ring the customer and apologise as I should not have accepted it.

I cannot understand half of the complaints here.

To be honest with you I rarely have problems with Couriers or Postal service and I send a lot of things internationally I also receive a lot of things also. And usually when I get problems they are the usual small issues.

Now having said that I have used GLS a few times and the last time I used it turned me off them. I got a package sent from the US and it was tracked and received into their depot up beside Dublin airport and they lost it in their warehouse. They had the audacity to say it was sent out on one of their vans and delivered even though the tracking number showed the last reference was in their depot. For 4 weeks we fought with them and took it as high as possible. Eventually the package was found in their warehouse. But it was the lies and excuses they gave rather than saying straight off the bat they misplaced the package.

As I said though had great dealings with them before that episode but I would always try avoid them in future.

As for this. It can happen it happened with one of my parcels with UPS once. It was sitting in a depot unscanned. But due to the smart work of a driver for them he noticed it. Computers aren't perfect or someone picked it up and didn't scan it properly and brought it to the depot.

To be honest with you I rarely have problems with Couriers or Postal service and I send a lot of things internationally I also receive a lot of things also. And usually when I get problems they are the usual small issues.

Now having said that I have used GLS a few times and the last time I used it turned me off them. I got a package sent from the US and it was tracked and received into their depot up beside Dublin airport and they lost it in their warehouse. They had the audacity to say it was sent out on one of their vans and delivered even though the tracking number showed the last reference was in their depot. For 4 weeks we fought with them and took it as high as possible. Eventually the package was found in their warehouse. But it was the lies and excuses they gave rather than saying straight off the bat they misplaced the package.

As I said though had great dealings with them before that episode but I would always try avoid them in future.

As for this. It can happen it happened with one of my parcels with UPS once. It was sitting in a depot unscanned. But due to the smart work of a driver for them he noticed it. Computers aren't perfect or someone picked it up and didn't scan it properly and brought it to the depot.

So it looks like it was lost/overlooked in the depot or van ?

MMM. They did tell us not to take envelopes as they can easily be missed. We are advised to bulk up packages bigger than a video tape. Maybe this is why. You parcel not scanned, did you follow it up with the shipping shop/agent. Once they know its collected, GLS couldnt argue.

Any time I have an issue as a shipping shop, I just ring the rep and he sorts it straight away.

None of my parcels have got lost, and any delays were easily explained, i.e. parcel came in friday late and sat here till collection on monday. So never appeared on the system till monday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Tony wrote: »

Thanks in advance

Haggle with dpd - I find them to be great value and faultless on delivery both here and UK - I can't say my rate, but it'd well under €5 per parcel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I've received alot of parcels from GLS never had a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

So it looks like it was lost/overlooked in the depot or van ?.

No the GLS one came into this country and was recorded doing so. It entered their depot and got lost in their depot. And they made every excuse under the sun and came out with some prize winning bullsh1t also to explain themselves. As I said they also tried to say it was delivered.
    MMM. They did tell us not to take envelopes as they can easily be missed. We are advised to bulk up packages bigger than a video tape. Maybe this is why. You parcel not scanned, did you follow it up with the shipping shop/agent. Once they know its collected, GLS couldnt argue.

Ah here now, don't start shifting blame to me just because you can't accept GLS made mistakes. I send a lot of parcels and have been doing so for the last 10 years. I know the ins and outs of how to make sure ones parcel gets to its location without mistake. In the instance I lined out above it was 100% GLS mistake.
    Any time I have an issue as a shipping shop, I just ring the rep and he sorts it straight away.

As you have a business account i am sure they will look after you better than the average Joe.
    None of my parcels have got lost, and any delays were easily explained, i.e. parcel came in friday late and sat here till collection on monday. So never appeared on the system till monday night.

As I said the only major problem I ever had in 10 years was with GLS as above. As I also said UPS were quick to rectify a mistake for me.

• Advertisement

Whats a business account?

Read it again. I am a drop off point.

And as for me trying to blame you ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement