Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly Christianity ban

Options
  • 14-05-2015 7:39pm
    Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭

Dear Father Ted Crilly,

You have been banned from Christianity for one month for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Turtwig

Moderator Note

You received fare warning about these types of posts.

Your post: Quote:
    Originally Posted by Father Ted Crilly viewpost.gif
    If there's one thing I'm sure of and that I can actually prove, it's that there is no such thing as chance
    Saying that there is no such thing as chance is considered trolling? (I would also like to note that I backed up my claim in a later post). I find that stupid and an insult considering that I was banned for trolling by the same moderator who closed and insulted my thread and me with this post:
    Ted,

Father Jessup called to say this was an utterly fantastic thread!

Did you ever notice how it's usually sick people who end up in hospitals?
    And here is a link to the last page of my thread where that sadistic post sits at the bottom: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95399963

The unprofessionalism of some people never ceases to amaze me.

EDIT: I would like to point out that I made the post in the Existence of God debate forum and not in the forum that was closed by the sadistic moderator. Both forums are unrelated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi

I'll pick this up for you. But before I start looking into it please confirm you've followed the first step in the DRP process and have attempted to resolve this via PM?
    If you have and were unsuccessful, please send on those PMs, if you need more time to allow for mod response I can wait until then.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OK well coming back to look at this I think thanks to your post above we can deal with this simply and quickly, so thanks for that.

1. "Sadistic moderator" - Ted, this isn't on. Personal abuse is clearly called out as a no-no. Using language like this just makes it clear you have no intention of attempting to resolve this amicably and in fact I am going to request the team review/action the above accordingly.
    2. Both forums are unrelated - untrue. Both THREADS are in the Christianity forum and as such your behaviour / posts directly influence how the moderator deals with you.
    3. Unprofessional - we can strive for professionalism here but let's be clear moderators are volunteers, we aren't paid and while we can strive to be calm, collected and even professional all the time we are humans who are giving up our free time to attempt to help forums we have an interest in grow and move forwards. Do we make mistakes? I am sure we do, but that doesn't mean that posters or anyone else gets a free card to insult us by calling us sadists or other.

So quite simply if you want to apologise to the moderator and attempt to resolve this directly with them in an adult fashion then wonderful. This DRP though is done.
    In light of how you have approached it I am going to call it a day here and will request the admin team to close this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement