Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lets Pick a Team.

Comments

Panathinaikos
    Okay, I got this idea off an outside source (:D) whereby we take an obscure continental team (in their case its Córdoba CF of the Spanish Segunda division) and as a forum we support them as our honourary team for the season.

We need guys to nominate a team (no feeder clubs or sister clubs to English or Irish teams, we want everyone on the same page :pac:) and then we'll do a poll and decide who the official boards soccer team is for this season! We should try to pick a club that will hopefully encounter some drama, either through a battle for promotion or fight to survive. And if possible a story or something to set it apart. It can be a top flight club but in that case preferably a minnow.

Then in the spirit of learning, we try and learn a bit about the club, their players, its history, its ground etc etc etc and follow their results!!

So fire away with suggestions!

Maybe I should have included Scottish teams in this but I figured that was clear. It's supposed to be a team that has no connections with any team supported on here that would cause a divide. Seems to have caused a bit of an argument on here. Also eagle eye, I don't think there's any bias towards GAE, I think what you're annoyed about (with just cause) is that your team that you nominated (FC Haarlem) aren't in the poll. But there's no bias that i can see. Dub134 just copy and pasted the summary that was posted in the original thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Panathinaikos
    Good post Neil, this is meant to bring us together not cause more divides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Panathinaikos
    Up up and away Eagles! :pac:

Dub13 I dont remember ever backing Corinthians which you have down on the OP, I was always an Eagles man, not swapping between afew teams like Neil! ;)

Panathinaikos
    not swapping between afew teams like Neil! ;)

I backed teams to help have a few so we could have enough on to make the poll. Also, I was open to ideas. I'm an Eagles man all the way no though!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Panathinaikos
    Yes I just copy and pasted the summary the person who nominated the team put up,some people put up a good one and others just a sentence.Even doing a thread like this using copy and paste it still takes a bit of time.

It was a big thread an it could be possible we missed a team,if this is the case let me know and I will get them added to the poll.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Panathinaikos
    when we running this until?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Panathinaikos
    I say close it now! :pac:

Panathinaikos
    I backed teams to help have a few so we could have enough on to make the poll. Also, I was open to ideas. I'm an Eagles man all the way no though!
    Ah yeah I know. :) I could quite easily been in the Albinoleffe camp if the Eagles hadnt swayed me.

Poll is very close!

Panathinaikos
    mayordenis wrote: »

7 days,I put it up just before Midnight so late next Thursday night.

Panathinaikos
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    I say close it now! :pac:

Big time!! EAGLES, EAGLES!!

Thing is I WANT to get an Eagles jersey now! Its a savge jersey!

• Advertisement

Panathinaikos
    mayordenis wrote: »

The exact time is....

This poll will close on 02-10-2008 at 23:27

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Panathinaikos
    Marc Overmars plays for Go Ahead Eagles. He started his career there and is also now a director at the club.

No contest!

Panathinaikos
    Come on you Super Farmers! :D

Panathinaikos
    Super Farmers indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Panathinaikos
    I voted Eagles. seems like a decent club. dutch speak more english than italians. closer for a trip. Go Eagles :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Panathinaikos
    although i am quite heartbroken that Boardeax did not recieve the nescessary amount of votes i am willing to put that behind me and lend my support to the Go Ahead Eagles.

Go Eagles ;)

Panathinaikos
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    although i am quite heartbroken that Boardeay did not recieve the nescessary amount of votes i am willing to put that behind me and lend my support to the Go Ahead Eagles.

Go Eagles ;)

Good man!

Lads this'll be hilarious! ''Go on Marcy, run after that fecking ball you old cunt'' :D

Panathinaikos
    although i am quite heartbroken that Boardeay did not recieve the nescessary amount of votes i am willing to put that behind me and lend my support to the Go Ahead Eagles.

Go Eagles ;)

Its ok, we can support both. I'll go to Boardeaux games with ya Al, then everyone wins!

Panathinaikos

Go Eagles ;)

Prob one of the few times I have ever agreed with Al.

Good man Al!

Go Eagles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Panathinaikos
    Dub13 wrote: »
    The exact time is....

This poll will close on 02-10-2008 at 23:27

Is there any need to leave it open for a week Dub13? Surely by the end of the weekend most of the regular users of the soccer forum will have been on and can cast their vote if they are interested? Maybe close it at 5.30 Monday after everyone has finished work. I know its only a few extra days to Thursday, but we dont want to drag it out too long. Plus the original idea was floated on Tuesday, so to close the pool on Monday next would mean the whole process took a week. Surely adequate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Panathinaikos
    Go on the Eagles!!!

It was a close one for me between them and Albinoleffe. But i just had to go for the Eagles.

NOW WATCH US SOAR!!!!!!!

Panathinaikos
    Us Eagles need a song!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Panathinaikos
    In the words of JD in Scrubs...........

GO EAGLES!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz17UDsiJAs

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=YmkeIZASoH4

(It's hard to soar with Eagles when you're working with Turkeys)

Panathinaikos
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Is there any need to leave it open for a week Dub13? Surely by the end of the weekend most of the regular users of the soccer forum will have been on and can cast their vote if they are interested? Maybe close it at 5.30 Monday after everyone has finished work. I know its only a few extra days to Thursday, but we dont want to drag it out too long. Plus the original idea was floated on Tuesday, so to close the pool on Monday next would mean the whole process took a week. Surely adequate?

I have no prob with this is we have a consensus,the only thing I would change is maybe close it late Monday night.

If its very close on Monday night we may be best to leave it for the full 7 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Panathinaikos
    Us Eagles need a song!

We can adopt the West Coast Eagles club song! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Go Ahead Eagles
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    We can adopt the West Coast Eagles club song! :D

No.

This won't be happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

FC St. Pauli
    If a majority is not achieved, will there be a run-off between the top two?

Panathinaikos
    Gonna have to be Hotel California ! :D

Panathinaikos
    Gonna have to be Hotel California ! :D
    Lol! :)

As long as the song isnt Flying without Wings we should be ok! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

Go Ahead Eagles
    This post has been deleted.

Advertisement