Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire Low memory issue...

Options
  • 09-06-2011 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Help!!
    My phone is telling me i have low memory even though i haven't installed any new apps, it just appeared the other day. I've deleted some pics and texts and got the memory back up but when i looked at it again this morning it was way back down so it seems something is eating it's memory and now it won't leave me read my text messages. I have watchdog and it's telling me no apps are acting up and i've used my cache cleaner.
    I've read somewhere it could be a facebook problem but can anyone tell me how to fix this. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Go settings -> applications -> manage applications. Press menu, select sort by size. See what is hogging all the space.

Lack of internal space is the only downside to the Desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Boooourns

srsly78 wrote: »
    Go settings -> applications -> manage applications. Press menu, select sort by size. See what is hogging all the space.

Lack of internal space is the only downside to the Desire.

It's telling me Dolphin Browser HD is using 35.13MB.

Well you found the problem :) That seems a bit excessive. Is the "move to sdcard" button enabled for it? If not, just uninstall it tbh.

Well you found the problem :) That seems a bit excessive. Is the "move to sdcard" button enabled for it? If not, just uninstall it tbh.

It's stored on my SD card though, will i still uninstall? I just cleared the cache on it and it brought it back to 27.77mb. I still have low storage issue though, at the moment i have 12.31MB free on the phone memory.

The list of applications should have two tabs, one for sdcard, another for internal memory. View the internal list, and sort by size. You only have 100MB on the Desire. A single app taking up 25% of this is not acceptable.

• Advertisement

The list of applications should have two tabs, one for sdcard, another for internal memory. View the internal list, and sort by size. You only have 100MB on the Desire. A single app taking up 25% of this is not acceptable.

Yeah fair enough, it's a pretty big app.
    I browsed around online for a solution and one lad posted up this.....

I found that going to Setting>Applications>Manage Applications and going to the All tab brought up both Facebook and Facebook for HTC sense having used 10Mb of space. I erased the history for Facebook for HTC sense and I haven't had a problem since.
    I think the Facebook upgrade left the old versions cache in the memory.

I've just followed his and it had over 6mb used up on my phone so i cleared that as well.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

You need to clear the cache in the dolphin browser. The app itself only takes up about 3.5 mb. The rest is just the cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Boooourns wrote: »
    It's stored on my SD card though, will i still uninstall? I just cleared the cache on it and it brought it back to 27.77mb. I still have low storage issue though, at the moment i have 12.31MB free on the phone memory.
    That's way too high. The Dolphine Browser HD app has a download size of only 2.3MB on the market, it should only be slightly bigger when installed. Either the app's cache or data is taking up way too much space

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

You need to clear the cache in the dolphin browser. The app itself only takes up about 3.5 mb. The rest is just the cache.

I have the cache cleared but it still says it's 27.76mb arrrrgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Boooourns wrote: »
    I have the cache cleared but it still says it's 27.76mb arrrrgh!
    Uninstall, reboot, reinstall (reboot is probably unnecessary)

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement

Aha! Found it....went into the Manage Space tab on the Dolphin App section and cleared the cache in there!!! Cleared about 23MB.

Woo hoo, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 clevin

If you have the dolphin borwser moved to the sd already then try moving it back to the internal memory, then restart the phone and see if its any quicker. I have found my desire hd gets really sluggish when the browser is stored on the sd!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Root the desire and put on Leedroid with a2sd+. That will give you lots of space.

Advertisement