Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Rather enjoyed the Origins episode

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

wprathead wrote: »
    Rather enjoyed the Origins episode

Except didn't the Dean say in Season 5 that he lost the wedding ring on his first day and wasn't he wearing it in the Pilot? Was that not what that reference was all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,496 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there a separate season 6 thread or is this for both 5 and 6?

Yvette Nicole Brown is out for season 6

Never really warmed to Shirley but she had a number of moments in series 5 which showed that her character wasn't completely wasted. Sad to see another one of the group go and you have to respect her for leaving for the reason she has. She's walking away from the show to care for her sick father so hopefully if the show gets the movie and further series she can come back

Yeh I'm disappointed but hopefully she'll be back for the movie. The decision is based on a personal situation and not on a desire to leave.

So the group for Season 6 is Jeff, Britta, Abed, Annie, The Dean, and Chang. I think they'll have to get someone new in, hopefully they'll work out as well as Hickey did in Season 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Aww that's such a shame, I'll miss Shirley but these things can't be helped sometimes.

Yvette's always so enthusiastic about the show and the fans and I'm sure she'll be back for the movie if her schedule permits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Shirley wasn't really well-served in Season 5, there didn't seem to be much for her to do throughout and felt like the writers weren't sure themselves. She's still part of the main study group and it's a pity to see her go - can't argue with the reasons though, family comes first. I'm sure she'd pop up for a cameo here and there if time allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

The talk of a movie is kinda annoying.
    I think Community has always been a funny show, it's tried a little too hard to "take everything we do and shove it up its own ass"
    I get the joke, but it's not practical at all, TV shows just don't translate to the big screen well. Like, what are they gonna do for a feature length; send them on holiday?
    Maybe they get word that Troy's boat has crashed off the coast of Aiya Napa or Ibiza. The rest of the team travel there on a holiday/search & rescue.
    They'll inadvertently get lost one night and end up on a gay cruise; that'll bring the Dean into play who was taking some time off from trying to help Senor Chang trying to get in touch with his Spanish roots.
    Added cameos for the sake of it... Pierce didn't die, he faked his death and ran off with the Red Dragon lady.
    Fat Neil & Vicky are there on honeymoon having the time of their lives before the Group steal all the thunder as per usual.
    Magnitude to show up as a professional DJ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

when is it back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

D.Q wrote: »
    when is it back?

Spring 2015? There isn't a set date yet, filming starts in November afaik.

This show is cursed, without a doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

I think Community has always been a funny show, it's tried a little too hard to "take everything we do and shove it up its own ass"
    I get the joke, but it's not practical at all, TV shows just don't translate to the big screen well. Like, what are they gonna do for a feature length; send them on holiday?
    Maybe they get word that Troy's boat has crashed off the coast of Aiya Napa or Ibiza. The rest of the team travel there on a holiday/search & rescue.
    They'll inadvertently get lost one night and end up on a gay cruise; that'll bring the Dean into play who was taking some time off from trying to help Senor Chang trying to get in touch with his Spanish roots.
    Added cameos for the sake of it... Pierce didn't die, he faked his death and ran off with the Red Dragon lady.
    Fat Neil & Vicky are there on honeymoon having the time of their lives before the Group steal all the thunder as per usual.
    Sounds good. What's the release date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Could just do a bottle episode for the movie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Id watch that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Sounds good. What's the release date?
    IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Id watch that.

Hmm, it seems my point was missed.
    Well, if you can't stop it, jump aboard!

SIX SEASONS & A MOVIE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭deisedude

SIX SEASONS & A MOVIE!

Shut up and take my money!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭deisedude

SIX SEASONS & A MOVIE!

Shut up and take my money!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

A shame Yvette Nicole Brown had to bow out of Season 6, but at least it's for the right reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

dan harmon said january 27ish maybe on recent nerdist podcast http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/nerdist-podcast-dan-harmon-and-neil-berkeley/ subject to change

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Read the article and see why she opted for that role. It's obviously one where she doesn't have to be away from her father for extended periods of time. A show such as The Odd Could will shoot an episide far faster than Community and as such isn't as time consuming.

A 90 minute Q & A with Harmon. Including at 36 minutes a comment that he'd be willing to do more than 6 seasons and a movie.

https://screen.yahoo.com/community/communicon-town-hall-meeting-conversation-211411012.html

sG1CvKu.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

sG1CvKu.png

Is Duncan going to be in the new season?

Is Duncan going to be in the new season?

I don't think so. Definitely not as a regular

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I don't think so. Definitely not as a regular

Source?

• Advertisement

Source?

I don't think anything has been confirmed either way but as far as I know he had a guest contract last year and isn't contractually obliged for Season 6. Also with his HBO show (filmed in New York as far as I know) I'd imagine his availability will be limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I don't think anything has been confirmed either way but as far as I know he had a guest contract last year and isn't contractually obliged for Season 6. Also with his HBO show (filmed in New York as far as I know) I'd imagine his availability will be limited.

The season finale of Last Week Tonight is tomorrow so he may be available for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The season finale of Last Week Tonight is tomorrow so he may be available for a while.

That wikipedia entry isnt saying 24 is the finale. It had episode 23 as the finale last week. They just dont update it. Theres no need to. He takes a week off here & there, and because the show is weekly he can still get days off.

miralize wrote: »
    That wikipedia entry isnt saying 24 is the finale. It had episode 23 as the finale last week. They just dont update it. Theres no need to. He takes a week off here & there, and because the show is weekly he can still get days off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Advertisement

Paget Brewster and Keith David will be regulars in season 6. I love the addition of Brewster, her comic delivery in the Thrilling Adventure Hour is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Paget Brewster and Keith David have already both been in Community (Brewster as a the Greendale Head of IT and David as the voice over in Pillows and Blankets). Hopefully they're good additions to the main cast.

Looking like definitely no John Oliver or Jonathan Banks though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I'd still say John Oliver will pop up in a few episodes. Production on season 6 starts in a few days and the last episode of last week tonight was on last night. He's got 4 months free.

New casting

Could be fun

New casting

Could be fun

Have never heard of either of them :confused:

Mull was a semi regular on Roseanne

Neither have I but I love the idea of meeting
    Britta's parents.

I'm not sure do I know Martin Mull more as Willard Craft or Gene Parmesan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm not sure do I know Martin Mull more as Willard Craft or Gene Parmesan.

Gene Parmesan is fantastic - definitely his best role.

I knew him first as Willard Craft though... (ah, childhood)

Gene Parmesan is fantastic - definitely his best role.

I knew him first as Willard Craft though... (ah, childhood)

OMG that was him in Sabrina the Teenage Witch, the principal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,031 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump..

.. Season 6 comes to Yahoo Screen on St Patrick's Day!

Source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Basq wrote: »
    Bump..

.. Season 6 comes to Yahoo Screen on St Patrick's Day!

Source

Great promo, I love it!

"You don't need to watch … You get to watch, it's a privilege."

All five seasons on Irish Netflix as of today

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Alison-Brie-GIF-040.gif

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

alison-brie-blowjob-kinky-gif-02.gif

brie-cleavage.gif

short-skirt.gif

hhwWH.gif

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,218 ✭✭✭✭Penn

And I only finished a full rewatch of it last week. Great timing as per usual :D

Out of curiosity, how many times have we rewatched the show?

For me Ive seen seasons 1-4 twice and now that its on Netflix there will be a possible 1-5 rewatch before the new season starts. As with most great shows and films, the longer you can hold off on another viewing the better it usually is.

Out of curiosity, how many times have we rewatched the show?

For me Ive seen seasons 1-4 twice and now that its on Netflix there will be a possible 1-5 rewatch before the new season starts. As with most great shows and films, the longer you can hold off on another viewing the better it usually is.

I have rewatched 1-5 at least twice, but I've also rewatched my favourite episodes a fair few more times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

I've rewatched 1-3 fully twice, but I've watched my favourite episodes from 1-5 a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

I've rewatched Seasons 1-3 twice. First D & D episode and the bottle episode i've watched at least 5 times.

Worth the effort :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,218 ✭✭✭✭Penn

About once a year I'll rewatch whatever seasons were out. Some episodes (first Paintball, D&D, Timelines/Dice episode, Ass Cracking Bandit) I'll throw on when the mood strikes.

Advertisement