Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have you spotted the camera vans!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The Garda camera van was on the Murroe rd out of Annacotty this morning on the right just before the railway tracks.
    http://maps.google.ie/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.664255,-8.511701&spn=0.008042,0.020385&z=15&layer=c&cbll=52.664025,-8.511386&panoid=BT5p6Hz4BGSdlrglPK-7ig&cbp=12,177.69,,0,7.46

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Garda Gatso van directly opposite Gaelic Grounds again this eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Garda Gatso van directly opposite Gaelic Grounds again this eve.

+ 1 on that saw it aswell.

Correct me if I am wrong but is the PR line that we park them where people have been killed?

Joke !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Outside greenhills thi evening in the paddy jeep

kilburn wrote: »
    + 1 on that saw it aswell.

Correct me if I am wrong but is the PR line that we park them where people have been killed?

Joke !

Thats for the Gosafe operated ones. The gardai have their own one where they can put where they like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Only one I've seen is opposite Riordan's shop on the Old Cork Road going to Ballyneety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

just back from newport and again on the newport road by the quarry

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Must be out to get you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Did they get ya? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I hate the ridiculous speed limit on that stretch.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Must be out to get you. :D

haha bertie the shads hate me der young driver sporty car but sensible when it cums to speed esp up der haha ;)

shads aint getting my honda civic haha

haha bertie the shads hate me der young driver sporty car but sensible when it cums to speed esp up der haha ;)

shads aint getting my honda civic haha

We need a picture of said honda civic

We need a picture of said honda civic

haha why so ye can report me for speeding lol :p i still havent figured out how to post up pics onto this

haha why so ye can report me for speeding lol :p i still havent figured out how to post up pics onto this

I've been caught speeding myself once or twice :mad:

Upload a pic to photobucket or another one and post a link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

The ol' lad got a speeding fine in the post yesterday! Cought doing 71 in a 60 on the road out of Killaloe! Van was pulled in on the left heading towards Limerick, there is a big old machinery yard and a big shed at the back of it!

Gets me off the hook now if I ever get any cause I know if I did I'd be getting a bollockin about the dangers of speeding! He can't really say much now :p

Spotted one today flashing me in County Sligo. No loss to you lot but I didn't like seeing the flash in my rear view mirror. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

what happens in the situation of a company registered vehicle, they wouldnt have direct driver info for that.. so?

zuroph wrote: »
    what happens in the situation of a company registered vehicle, they wouldnt have direct driver info for that.. so?

The company is legally obliged to rat on you

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Berty wrote: »
    Spotted one today flashing me in County Sligo. No loss to you lot but I didn't like seeing the flash in my rear view mirror. :mad:

Where about? I'm going home tomorrow, was just saying that I hadn't seen any round home at all yet (have seen the TC in the usual spots though, including one particularly crafty one on the N4, will PM it to you if you're up there often Berty)

Registered owner (company) gets a letter saying van caught speeding wherever doing what speed. It says they can nominate a driver to get the points. Up to company what to do.

• Advertisement

The company is legally obliged to rat on you

What he said Zuroph ^^^
    Where about? I'm going home tomorrow, was just saying that I hadn't seen any round home at all yet (have seen the TC in the usual spots though, including one particularly crafty one on the N4, will PM it to you if you're up there often Berty)

Ballinacarrow. :mad: Parked in the middle of the village in a line of parked cars. TRAMP!! :mad: I was going through at 50km/h on cruise control and put it up to 70km/h heading up the hill. I thinked it flashed me around 68km/h or so. Gits! :mad:

Moral: Don't go over 50km/h

So can the company just pay the fine and not name driver? or put forward a foreign licenced driver?

Ballinacarrow. :mad: Parked in the middle of the village in a line of parked cars. TRAMP!! :mad: I was going through at 50km/h on cruise control and put it up to 70km/h heading up the hill. I thinked it flashed me around 68km/h or so. Gits! :mad:

Moral: Don't go over 50km/h

I had a feeling you were going to say either there or Curry :mad:

Im sure they could just pass any name on if someone is willing to take the hit

Used to drive for a living had 6 points at one stage, but thankfully all gone now

If they don't know who was driving,the director of the company usually takes the points.

lol. I've been on road for 6 years with no points, but these cameras are worrying me..

Used to drive for a living had 6 points at one stage

I hear ya bro, I need to slow down or else I'll be jobless soon! I hold my hands up and admit every time I was caught I was fairly well in excess of the limit but each time was on some of the best roads in the country. I should be rid of my first pair this summer though (and then of course there's the pair I was to get about 2 years ago in Donegal but I never heard another word about them :p)

I would be absolutely sick if I was caught in a 50km/h zone

lol. I've been on road for 6 years with no points, but these cameras are worrying me..

Your Micra obviously can't go very fast

• Advertisement

On road 9 years and I was worried. Fecking thing got me in the end. After all my careful driving I let it slip once on cruise control.

Advertisement