Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession breakfast.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

they re-opened 19th Nov, assuming its under new management

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Might be worth a look some morning.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Tried "Brunch" earlier. It was decent enough for €5.50. Coffee was a big cup of quality scald too, so no need for a refill.

Noticed a pub nearby advertsing breakfast for €4.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

i know this thread is an old one but just wondering does anyone know if Brunch is still open since November? anyone have a number for there maybe too?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

i know this thread is an old one but just wondering does anyone know if Brunch is still open since November? anyone have a number for there maybe too?

I thought it was closed as it was over Christmas and New year as far as I could see but it was open again last week. New owners?

061 409980

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Ah - cook your own :rolleyes:

im not from limerick myself... but have you considered spending 10/15 euro in the shopping centre and cook it up yourself... free tea refills too ! :)

though i have to admit i am way to lazy to even pour cereal in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Supermacs do a very good breakfast.
    All the works for around €6.
    If you want to take it away they put it in a styrofoam tray which does keep it warm.

It is nothing like the plastic stuff in McDonalds, they cook the breakfast from scratch on the grill they use to cook the burgers.

Seriously give it a try, fair enough the surroundings are not great but it is usually quiet in the morning and a good breakfast can be had.

I had a mini breakfast up there this very morning. Very nice too.

It's doing well I reckon - good crowd in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Brunch is very good spot. Really lovely food. Kilmurry hotel does great breakfast at descent price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

Frans's in the Raheen Business park by Dell do a breakfast roll for E3.50. Lovely stuff and whatever you want in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

People also need to distinguish between cooked and freshly cooked.

A lot of places use sausages and bacon from the day or two days before. They cook it or "blanch cook" it and then store it for a number of days. Cafe's are notorious for this so in hotels and larger establishments you can get a higher chance of freshly cooked breakfasts.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

had breakfast in brunch on thurs, full Irish, coffee and toast for 7.50 - didn't need to eat again until suppertime!!

staff are lovely and the food is really nice - not had a bad meal yet in there, plus they do student specials

French's Cafe are doing a french toast with maple syrup and bacon breakfast, with good coffee for €5. A goodun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

where is Brunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

seachto7 wrote: »
    where is Brunch?

Brunch is on Upper William St, after Gleeson Sport Scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Brunch is unreal! Love the place!

Advertisement