Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,821 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Arocs isn't a set I would use Parcel Motel for as its possibly oversized. Also the cost of using parcel motel will eat the vat savings which doesn't make it worthwhile.

No I'd get it sent directly aswell.

What's the set like to compared to the Crawler Crane? I thought that was a great build.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There is no vat to be paid and choose free delivery when checking out. The total cost to your door is €140 you don't need parcel motel or any other courier. Amazon will deliver it free to Ireland.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If you deliver to Parcel Motel and use Revolut your total cost is £120 and using Revolut current exchange rate it works out at €139. Revolut does not charge exchange rates fees.

If you deliver to an address in the South the total changes to £123 rather than £120. This is because difference in the UK and Irish Vat rate of 20% and 23%.

It's 20% vat as your buying from the UK, I just checked it at checkout the vat doesn't change to 23% because your shipping to Ireland, it's the same across Amazon in Europe your charged the vat rate in the country it's shipping from.

It's 20% vat as your buying from the UK, I just checked it at checkout the vat doesn't change to 23% because your shipping to Ireland, it's the same across Amazon in Europe your charged the vat rate in the country it's shipping from.

It does change from £120 to £123 when I ship to Ireland.

Maybe we are picking different sellers? I'm selecting Amazon.

Maybe we are picking different sellers? I'm selecting Amazon.

Stays at £120 for me, are you paying in Pounds? It shouldn't change to 23%. Yea Amazon is the seller.

• Advertisement

Stays at £120 for me, are you paying in Pounds? It shouldn't change to 23%.

Yup in £ using Revolut.

Yea mine stays at 20% vat, I'm registerd as a business user though. Didn't think it made a difference.

Yea mine stays at 20% vat, I'm registerd as a business user though. Didn't think it made a difference.

It would if you've an Irish Vat number.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

simdan wrote: »
    Vat? The price includes Uk VAT. The uk is still in the EU and therefore no Irish vat to pay.

VAT is 20% in the UK, 23% here. If you're getting it shipped to the Republic then Amazon will automatically add on the 3% difference at the checkout as they're obliged to under certain taxation agreements between Ireland & Amazon (This is in part because Amazon UK has a physical presence here). Using the Revolut app may be confusing their systems.

Also, when using online currency converters the rate they give (which is the rate banks can access foreign currency directly) is lower than what credit card companies charge, so when using the like of Oanda etc, you have to change the interbank rate to 4.5 - 5% to get a more accurate idea of what you'll be paying.

On most sites when you set the currency to euros or the likes of ebay etc use the base rate to give you an idea of the price, hence it always increases slightly when you pay with paypal or when it comes in on your credit card statement. Amazon are one of the few that actually charges in euros.

My checkout:

VAT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Argos got 3 for 2 offer. Just bought 3 sets. Cheapest one was for free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Greg81 wrote: »
    Argos got 3 for 2 offer. Just bought 3 sets. Cheapest one was for free.

Same here, saw it on Brickset this morning and pounced.

Picked out the three things, thought for a second, checked my purchases online over the last month and realise I have accidentally finished 2/3 of my Christmas shopping by accident. At 30 years of age, I have become my Grandmother.

The technic heavy lift helicopter is coming in about €86 on Amazon uk, £30 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭g0g

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01CCT2ZIG
    Bucket wheel excavator £150 wouldn't be too bad with current FX rates to get your hands on biggest Technic model ever! Apparently a bit less with Flubit. Spotted on HUKD. Very tempted...

Update, Flubit offering for approx £135 but think you need to add PM on top of that

Thank you to whoever posted lughq a while back! Spotted this deal yesterday, called a Smyth's store and they had one left which I just picked up! It's not listed on their system or website anymore, but any store with stock has it at this price!

g0g wrote: »
    Thank you to whoever posted lughq a while back! Spotted this deal yesterday, called a Smyth's store and they had one left which I just picked up! It's not listed on their system or website anymore, but any store with stock has it at this price!

Lughq hasn't been working for me in about two weeks.

Can't believe I missed that plane :(

Lughq hasn't been working for me in about two weeks.

Can't believe I missed that plane :(
    Sure who says there aren't any more knocking around!? I only saw it on the site yesterday/today and called a store earlier on to check!

g0g wrote: »
    Sure who says there aren't any more knocking around!? I only saw it on the site yesterday/today and called a store earlier on to check!

Will do that. If anyone here sees one floating around send me a PM if you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Some good prices on the 2016 flagship technic sets on Amazon at the moment.

The BWE is £150 and is in stock. Tthe Claas is £82 which is a great price, but not in stock for 3-5 weeks.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Some good prices on the 2016 flagship technic sets on Amazon at the moment.

The BWE is £150 and is in stock. Tthe Claas is £82 which is a great price, but not in stock for 3-5 weeks.

The BWE works out about €170 using Revolut. Very tempted at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,536 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lego dimensions sets are reduced to half price in Gamestop currently. Think it's only the first wave of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

20 % Off Lego Ninjago, DC and Marvel heroes (incl the new Batcave)...

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/lego-promotion/

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

Star Wars First Order Transporter (75103) reduced to €30 in Tesco. Hat tip to the Beady FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/566773570066869/permalink/1079961508748070/

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Star Wars First Order Transporter (75103) reduced to €30 in Tesco. Hat tip to the Beady FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/566773570066869/permalink/1079961508748070/

Any ideas which stores, was over in Clarehall tonight and they have none. Wouldn't mind picking one up for a MOC and the minifigs :)

They have one 75092 (Naboo Starfighter) left on the shelf for €33.99

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Smyths in Nass have 40% off all Lego and 60% off all superhero and ninjago sets , its from the fire they had recently but only the boxes will smell of smoke , bricks in bags will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

gizabeer wrote: »
    Smyths in Nass have 40% off all Lego and 60% off all superhero and ninjago sets , its from the fire they had recently but only the boxes will smell of smoke , bricks in bags will be fine

Legos well cleared out now - sister was just there.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

gizabeer wrote: »

Looks like someone is trying to flip them already:
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/toys-games/229/user-334804/type_all/

And for retail aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Out of interest, what makes you think that is the case? Just the speed and location of getting them up?

• Advertisement

gubbie wrote: »
    Out of interest, what makes you think that is the case? Just the speed and location of getting them up?

Basically , yeah ,

Advertisement