Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legal Highs

1161718192022»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Just back from Dundalk. Looks like another headshop was targeted. There's a road cordoned off and Gardai are all over the place. I didn't hear anything on the news about it but I assume that's what happened
    Sadly, acts of arson and vandalism against certain legitimate businesses have become so commonplace they're not news anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

does anyone know if the Laughing Bhudda in Ennis has shut down - went there a couple of days back and it looked very closed.....

I hope Salvia doesn't get banned, that would be so wrong. It's only sage after all, honest guv :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Unfortunately we live in a world where our legislators have no trouble banning plants! I personally am an atheist, but most of our government are christians so is banning a plant not the same thing as saying you know better than god? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately we live in a world where our legislators have no trouble banning plants! I personally am an atheist, but most of our government are christians so is banning a plant not the same thing as saying you know better than god? :rolleyes:
    Try abandoning any notions of logic and consistency if you want to better understand the rationale behind the so-called War on Drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It was petrol bombed apparently... while there was people inside it =o

http://www.dundalkexaminer.com/2010/04/15/reports-dundalk-head-shop-petrol-bombed/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Try abandoning any notions of logic and consistency if you want to better understand the rationale behind the so-called War on Drugs.

In other words, it only begins to make sense when you're stoned as a fruit bat!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sysconp1

Why is it that such large sentences have been applied to so called "legal highs"? If these chemicals are so bad then why are the government not applying the law evenly and increasing the sentences for "illegal" drugs as well.

This attitude by the government of wiping the slate clear of the "legal highs" is short sighted and seems to have other motives. Banning completely plays into the hands of the underworld dealers and ensures that their income is boosted.

Perhaps a more sensible approach would have been to legislate and manage the problem rather than push it under the carpet. Measures such as:
    • Treating the shops like sex shops and preventing advertising in windows
    • Tax the hell out of the substances and put that money back into drug rehab
    • Enforce a custodial sentence for anyone selling to minors
    • Prevent the shops from selling "joints" that obviously for human consumption.

No one can say that the "legal highs" are any more dangerous than the "illegal highs" and in fact the way that the illegal chemicals are cut with rat poison etc. there would be many more risks. Therefore the pushing underground of this trade only promotes the services of those that the government has attempted to remove from society in the past.

If I were a conspiracist I would say that the underworld has turned the screw on a number of prominent people to get this "legal high" trade closed down and return to business as normal. The speed with which the legislation was brought in was unheard of before this. A knee jerk brought about by pressure from crime lords possibly?

It will be interesting to see how long this post remains on the site as I guess suppression of comments on this matter will become the norm!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lookinbusy

sysconp1 wrote: »
    If I were a conspiracist I would say that the underworld has turned the screw on a number of prominent people to get this "legal high" trade closed down and return to business as normal.

Underworld or.... Diageo

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sysconp1

LOL, I hadn't thought of the legal "legal highs" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Ms Harney said that possession and supply of those substances was now illegal and anyone convicted of unlawful possession faced up to seven years' imprisonment and a fine, while suppliers could be jailed for life. i read this the other day on the Irish Independant I Never Heard such muck before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

The Government will ban these substances known as legal highs but happily advertise the Alcohol Drug encouraging people to go get pissed after work. Makes no sense

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Is the ban in yet. Want to get something tonight but dont wanna drive to shop for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Is the ban in yet. Want to get something tonight but dont wanna drive to shop for nothing.

These substances are now banned afaik. So it's back to finding the dealers for your dope or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

its in but ya can still get it if ya ring the headshops.. i had to travel to mulligar last night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

molloyjazz wrote: »
    its in but ya can still get it if ya ring the headshops.. i had to travel to mulligar last night.

surely they are under close watch tho?

surely they are under close watch tho?

hi-time in mulligar is run by knackers.. they will meet ya somewhere if ya want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

All of it is banned now. But what the government failed to realise is that drug dealers are just gonna get there hands on the old "legal highs" and just sell them along with weed. I was offered King B by a local drug dealer today. The government really are a bunch of tools. They basically just gave money to the drug dealers now.

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    All of it is banned now. But what the government failed to realise is that drug dealers are just gonna get there hands on the old "legal highs" and just sell them along with weed. I was offered King B by a local drug dealer today. The government really are a bunch of tools. They basically just gave money to the drug dealers now.

yep thats exactly what they did.. think how much they could of got from taxing headshop products appropriatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Toker69

Just wanna let folk know, salvia has less effect the more drink you have on you, amounting to virtually no effect after just a few pints.

Originally read on erowids vault i think, but have tested this hypothesis several times and always found it to be accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Toker69 wrote: »
    Just wanna let folk know, salvia has less effect the more drink you have on you, amounting to virtually no effect after just a few pints.

Originally read on erowids vault i think, but have tested this hypothesis several times and always found it to be accurate.

Alcohol tends to dull most psychedelic substances. It`s better to avoid alcohol altogether if you intend to use any of these types of drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BBBKing

flynner08 wrote: »
    i went into a headshop today just to try some of the 'legal highs' stuff. just got a tenner bag of 'king bbb'. we had a joint of it in stephens green park then got the luas home. this is no word of a lie and i may not be a frequent smoker of this or the illegal stuff but this **** was f**king mad stuff(in a good way,i tink). i have to admit and some may laugh bout this but it was quite trippy. everyting was all out of proportion, some things looked further away nd some wer alot closer. this was nothing like anyting ive tried before. i was really paranoid but still i must say i was amazingly whacked out of it from this and it must hav lasted a good hour if not more. overall for a tenner i tink this stuff is a success especially as theres enough for 5-6 joints out of it.

Hi, could you tell me where you got the King BBB, I had it before out off a herbal shop, when I went back it was closed down. I have searched the internet and can only see a site called Nirvana who even mention King BBB and it is out off stock there. Your right it is some smoke and thats why i'm so desperate to get my hands on some. Can anyone please tell me where I can get some King BBB please?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

^^^^
    An Garda Siochana.:eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Tis 'the Fuzz' I'd say...

Sketch!!!!

Memories,
    Light the corners of my mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cin0

Lads I can't find any information on the internet whether it's allowed to sell (over the website) so called legal highs. I know there are few substances already banned but what about those new ones that are being sold over the internet in the EU now? If you type in 'legal highs' in google check first few stores.. There are a lot of them in the UK and I was wondering if the law allowes to sell this products here in Ireland?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ask a solicitor or a cop or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement