Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fireworks Jonesborough Sunday Market

Options
  • 09-09-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

went up to jonesborough a few times to get fireworks and was just wondering is is still going ahead this year? if its is what are the dates? opening hours? and if anyone caught any of the prices?

someone please reply,
    cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭conor2ka

would also love to know :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Lads will ye mind yer fūcking fingers with them fire crackers :mad: !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DinnyMc

I was also wondering if they sold fireworks at this time of the year.
    Does anyone know? Or if anywhere sells now?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭philip132

Yes i am also wondering,about the prices of when the market starts for fireworks ,the sooner the better but worried because i hear its cheaper if you leave it later but dont want to get caught by the guards, so please check me up on the prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kmepll

Was up there on Last Sunday ,Fireworks are for sale ,did not get any prices as was only up there to check out the market,not what it used to be very few stalls

thanks alot, can some1 please say some prices really dont want to waste a trip all the way up ,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

philip132 wrote: »
    thanks alot, can some1 please say some prices really dont want to waste a trip all the way up ,thanks
    Was up there on sunday there and got a few bits, Sleeve of bangers 10 euro, Screamers 2 packs for 5 euro, Tomohawk rockets 5 euro per pack of 5, atomic booms 3 packs for 10 euro, pack of 28 display rockets only 35 euro, great deals to be had and quite cheap prices, just thought i'd let you know :) cheers.

DJDylan106 wrote: »
    Was up there on sunday there and got a few bits, Sleeve of bangers 10 euro, Screamers 2 packs for 5 euro, Tomohawk rockets 5 euro per pack of 5, atomic booms 3 packs for 10 euro, pack of 28 display rockets only 35 euro, great deals to be had and quite cheap prices, just thought i'd let you know :) cheers.

which shop did u go to in the market ... sorry for being awkard and did they go down if you tried haggling>>>>? thanks in advance

where they blackcats btw

• Advertisement

did u catch the prices of repeaters?

hey conor see your lukin for answers too but duno who to believe cas loads of ppl are saying different prices for bangers would love to know where he went exactly

DJDYLAN106 can you please tell us what shop in the market you went to please when your on. cheers :)

DJDYLAN106 can you please tell us what shop in the market you went to please when your on. cheers :)

Now lads, i have answers to all your questions hahah,
    1 ) I went to the second last shop on the right as you come in the gate ( this one was run by two lads, one older lad and one that was in his late teens, early twenties ( the name on this shop was something to do with security and stuff but they sell fireworks hah )and also went to the one just before that, which was the diamond fireworks shop ( which would be the third last one )
    2 ) They werent selling black cats in the diamond fireworks shop but in the security one they were and they were €10 per sleeve, 100% sure of this as i bought one.
    3 ) Both shops were dropping a bit off the price after a bit of conversation and haggling.
    4 ) The 5 shot fireball repeaters were 2 packs for a fiver and there was 4 or 5 in each, cant really remember, and the big eight ball ones were 1 pack of 4 for €7.50.
    I think that answers all the questions lads, and theyre all the honest truth, any more questions, give us a buzz. :)

hey dylan cheers for that . Ive never been to jonesborough so i really dont know what the place is like so are all the shops stuck together or seperated all on the road or in a factory place. and dyu think the prices differ from saturday and sunday and when do they open and close and do they sell mines and wheels? and is the road that its all on called the b113? and last question (if known Roufly) how much stock would they have a of black cats + screamers. thanks alot

hey dylan cheers for that . Ive never been to jonesborough so i really dont know what the place is like so are all the shops stuck together or seperated all on the road or in a factory place. and dyu think the prices differ from saturday and sunday and when do they open and close and do they sell mines and wheels? and is the road that its all on called the b113? and last question (if known Roufly) how much stock would they have a of black cats + screamers. thanks alot

No problem, glad to help :) and ehm its the best place i've been to, to get them, ive been to several shops, but none as cheap as them markets. You take the main motorway towards Newry until you are just on the border and you see the sign for the turn-off for jonesborough, as you change into the left lane and go up the turn off, you take a right and follow that main road down towards jonesborough village, you'll pass a couple of shops which say '' FIREWORKS FOR SALE '' Theyre no use, just keep going down until you see cars parked on the side of the road and plenty of action going on, you can park anywhere along that road really and just walk up to the gates, if you havent found where i'm talking about just ask for directions. As you go in the gates youll see about 5 shops, all terraced along the right hand side. And thats really it, towards halloween, youll get most of the shops opening to sell fireworks but as of now, only the last three on the left sell them. And i dont really know how to answer that because i only go up on sundays so i'm not even sure if theyre open any other day, as far as i know they are but i'm not completely sure. And they sell most fireworks along that row, i didnt see any mines but i seen wheels. And yes they have plenty of stock on both blackcats and screamers, if they have none out on display, just ask and they should get you some out of the back :) Hope that answers all the questions :) Cheers bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 macker2k11

yes thats it the shops that joined together sell the fireworks. im going up this week so ill post prices and stuff

yea im goin up on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LiamClarke

Anybody know what dates the market is on and when u can get the fireworks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭BAZZx99

How much is a sleeve of black cats in Jonesborough in euros

BAZZx99 wrote: »
    How much is a sleeve of black cats in Jonesborough in euros
    10 euro for a sleeve :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Markor

Hey lads I was just wonderin if ya think the prices will have gone down by now and if they will still have the bangers

Markor wrote: »
    Hey lads I was just wonderin if ya think the prices will have gone down by now and if they will still have the bangers
    Well to be honest mate, i went up again last weekend and the prices were gone down a fair amount and jaysus, no need to worry about them not having bangers, they always have a LARGE supply. ;) Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Markor

Hahaha allright thanks:)and sorry one last question what's the story with pounds and euros there will they take just euros or will I have to exchange them:)thank again

Markor wrote: »
    Hahaha allright thanks:)and sorry one last question what's the story with pounds and euros there will they take just euros or will I have to exchange them:)thank again
    They take both euros and pounds up there :) no need to go exchanging.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 toolbox66

Anyone know what the penalty is if you get caught, I know it's supposed to be max 10k fine or imprissonment but realistically what would happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Broski.dll

How much is in a sleeve of black cats?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 toolbox66

10 boxes of 10 so 100 black cats altogether

• Advertisement

toolbox66 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the penalty is if you get caught, I know it's supposed to be max 10k fine or imprissonment but realistically what would happen?
    Realistically they would just seize the fireworks and more than likely a fine of a few hundred quid.

Advertisement