Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I have had more surveys from IO this month than for Nov and Dec combined. Great earnings so far for January.

I'm the opposite, got loads off IO in December and now hardly anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Had few myself, a lot of them that require far too many questions before screening you out. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Bit quiet for me too but i'v had couple this week.
    On a seperate note, i was screened out of a Redc survey after entering my DOB. Next day I tried again and was accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vivab13

I have had a few and didn't screen out of most. No Easons vouchers available at the moment so I am holding off to build my balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I have gotten 9 since Monday- and got rejected from all of them once I put in my age... they don't think 21yr olds have an opinion! gggrrrrr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

SMJSF wrote: »
    I have gotten 9 since Monday- and got rejected from all of them once I put in my age... they don't think 21yr olds have an opinion! gggrrrrr!

They don't like 29 year olds either, apparently! I've screened out of about 15 in the last week (managed to complete 4, including one that supposedly took 15 minutes but actually took over 40, grr!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

The commercial we would like you to watch is now downloading.
    Depending on your connection, this may take a few minutes or so.

It's stuck on 0%. And i know if i refresh or anything it'll kick me out
    GIME MY MONEY i answered the whole survey already

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

strongly worded email, I tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Just had a 30 minute survey from a mobile phone company that took at least 55 minutes...

bluewolf wrote: »
    The commercial we would like you to watch is now downloading.
    Depending on your connection, this may take a few minutes or so.

It's stuck on 0%. And i know if i refresh or anything it'll kick me out
    GIME MY MONEY i answered the whole survey already
    If you've got adblock running, turn it off.

• Advertisement

Really? It's never affected any of the other videos
    sigh
    that could be it=/

Really? It's never affected any of the other videos
    sigh
    that could be it=/

It doesn't affect all videos but i've needed to disable it on 2 occasions. You shouldnt need to exit the survey to do this

I mentioned this in the comment box at the end of one survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

Just went into my emails: 7 "available"..... couldn't finish any!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

SMJSF wrote: »
    Just went into my emails: 7 "available"..... couldn't finish any!

Yeah, I had 4 today....couldn't finish any either :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Dont think ive ever had such a run of surveys that i didnt qualify for.haveny earned a tap so far this yr. Will have to start looking else where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Dont think ive ever had such a run of surveys that i didnt qualify for.haveny earned a tap so far this yr. Will have to start looking else where

And the 'supermarket' one that I did qualify for got stuck on a 'drag-and-drop' question that did no dragging or dropping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

RainyDay wrote: »
    And the 'supermarket' one that I did qualify for got stuck on a 'drag-and-drop' question that did no dragging or dropping.

They have had a lot of drag and drop recently that don't work with a touch screen tablet. Very frustrating to go so far and have to abandon a survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

i do all my IO surveys via email link they send in.. i noticed lately i'm getting lot of survey without a survey number in the email subject (most still do have the survey number).. and when i finish the survey fully, it doesn't register in the pending credit part.. any one getting the same??

getting quite pissed off with it

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

lau1247 wrote: »
    i do all my IO surveys via email link they send in.. i noticed lately i'm getting lot of survey without a survey number in the email subject (most still do have the survey number).. and when i finish the survey fully, it doesn't register in the pending credit part.. any one getting the same??

getting quite pissed off with it
    Yeah that's happened to me a couple of times. I did email them about it once and they replied saying that their records didn't show me completing the survey but they'd pass it on to a manager or something anyway - I never heard back from them about it nor did I get credited from what I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

Just spent 20 minutes doing an Irish Opinions survey on supermarkets only to be told: "Thank you for your interest. We have reached our target number of participants and the survey is now closed. " WTF?? Have emailed them about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

me0w wrote: »
    Just spent 20 minutes doing an Irish Opinions survey on supermarkets only to be told: "Thank you for your interest. We have reached our target number of participants and the survey is now closed. " WTF?? Have emailed them about it.

Ditto. Survey claimed it'd take 13mins but there was a good 7 of TV ads in it - either 5 or 6 ads in total; not a hope of taking 13mins end to end.

L1011 wrote: »
    Ditto. Survey claimed it'd take 13mins but there was a good 7 of TV ads in it - either 5 or 6 ads in total; not a hope of taking 13mins end to end.

No response so far... So professional of them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

me0w wrote: »
    No response so far... So professional of them

It'll take days, and 80% of the time it'll be a PFO.

Ok, I just spend 20 mins + doing a tedious 'Miscellaneous' survey for 1.50. At the end of the survey I got a message, don't remember exactly what it said but something about 'data inconsistencies' etc. So frustrating. I still haven't received a reply back about the other survey. Seriously about to give up on IO!!!

The "data inconsistencies" message seems to be another way of saying "this survey is full but we don't want to admit we sent out far too many invites". It only ever really comes off one host.

Just got a reply to my first email
    Dear Irish Opinions member,
    thank you for your email.

Our records indicate that you were stopped from completing the survey because we had reached the desired number of respondents for your particular profile.
    I understand that this might be disappointing but the system closes the survey automatically once the desired number of respondents has been reached.

Anyway, we will reward you for the time you spent on this survey by rewarding your account with 1€ in the next 24 hours.

Please note that we will not pass on any of the information you have given to us in the course of uncompleted surveys to our clients. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We will be in touch again shortly with more opportunities to earn rewards.

Kind regards
    Isabel
    The Irish Opinions Team

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I got 2 surveys in the last 90 mins. Got chucked out of both before I could even start them. Bloody frustrating.

What is Ireland’s sexiest food, in your opinion?
    (Please be as specific and detailed as possible in your answer below.)

wat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What is Ireland’s sexiest food, in your opinion?
    (Please be as specific and detailed as possible in your answer below.)

wat

I usually rely with "stupid question", for stuff like that .

I had a lot of surveys this week and completed 17.50 worth, so happy days.

• Advertisement

thank goodness, I did too - "what kind of question is this???"

Advertisement