Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I've stopped receiving surveys by e-mail. Used to get them daily. Would I have been u subscribed or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭guest2014

PopTarts wrote: »
    I've stopped receiving surveys by e-mail. Used to get them daily. Would I have been u subscribed or anything?

try to sign in and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭PopTarts

guest2014 wrote: »
    try to sign in and see what happens.

I'm able to sign in and my balance is there. Could it be that I stopped participating in them? It's probably been at least a year since I did one.

At one point though, while not eligible for all of them, I was getting one or two mails a day.

I'm subscribed and all when logged in (just checked).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Gah, got half way through one about grocery shopping, and then it wouldn't let me fill out a form properly so I had to shut it down. Sick of these technical problems..

PopTarts wrote: »
    I'm able to sign in and my balance is there. Could it be that I stopped participating in them? It's probably been at least a year since I did one.

At one point though, while not eligible for all of them, I was getting one or two mails a day.

I'm subscribed and all when logged in (just checked).

i would email them and see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The profile questions were updated, if you don't re enter them I'd suspect you get less surveys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

L1011 wrote: »
    The profile questions were updated, if you don't re enter them I'd suspect you get less surveys

And they insist on you selecting one reward type. What's that about? Can you then not choose which vouchers you want? I emailed but the reply made no sense - as usual.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

And they insist on you selecting one reward type. What's that about? Can you then not choose which vouchers you want? I emailed but the reply made no sense - as usual.

You can chose each time - I have no idea what that field is used for. Mine was still selected to HMV vouchers last time I remember!

L1011 wrote: »
    You can chose each time - I have no idea what that field is used for. Mine was still selected to HMV vouchers last time I remember!
    That was all the clarification I was looking for and they couldn't give it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Has anyone else got the most recent survey from Acumen, one of the questions was how frequently do I have sex, and I also had to state if I agreed/disagreed with the statement "I find beards (on a man!) sexy/attractive". I mean wtf, who's actually looking for this data?! Haha.

• Advertisement

Probably be the "shock survey!" in some thrashy womens mag or thrashier paper (the Indo, for instance)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got that Acumen survey a few days ago. I think (unless I'm mixing it up with another survey) it was the worst survey I've ever received in terms of layout and the way the questions and answers were phrased. It was dreadful. Strange questions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Has anyone else got the most recent survey from Acumen, one of the questions was how frequently do I have sex, and I also had to state if I agreed/disagreed with the statement "I find beards (on a man!) sexy/attractive". I mean wtf, who's actually looking for this data?! Haha.

Yeah, I got that one, was weird! Like how they specified the beard had to be on a man! :P I'm sure there are people out there who find beards on women attractive too...there's probably just not many of them!

Suspect today could be the last day for surveys this year, going on last years avalanche of them around now.

YTD earnings across the main sites:

IO: €180 in Tesco vouchers received, €18 awarded, €14.75 pending
    RedC: €100 in cheques received, €24 awaiting
    Acumen: €50 in Tesco vouchers received, €32.50 awaiting
    AskMePayMe: €37.34 cleared to Paypal and €3.40 awaiting
    ShopperThoughts: roughly 800 clubcard points - was just going to check when I got an email from them saying the site is down!

Not a terrible haul anyway. The IO ones have been hard earned compared to the others, time and effort wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

was having a think there about earning in the year

IO: 90 euro in vouchers received another 16.75 pending
    RedC: 50 euro received during the year but that included earnings from the year before and just hit 50 on the site last week
    Ireach:30 euro possible 45 euro with another 8 euro pending
    AskMePayMe: 9 euro received another 8 pending
    ShopperThoughts: about 350 clubcard point but only signed up a few months ago
    Ideaspanal: 800 points only signed up a few months ago

Not much but when I spend the points shopping I put the cash equilivant in an empty jar to save for something

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I only got into it late in the year so i only got about 30 euro of vouchers

Just did one there

Thank you for your interest.

We have reached our target number of participants and the survey is now closed.

you don't get to tell me that AFTER i've answered half the survey!!! :mad::mad::mad:
    seriously taking the piss
    all these screens about how do you describe yourself as an athlete and how important are these characteristics to you, fill in all these dots

chancers

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

bluewolf wrote:
    you don't get to tell me that AFTER i've answered half the survey!!!  seriously taking the piss all these screens about how do you describe yourself as an athlete and how important are these characteristics to you, fill in all these dots

I got 2 today from IO and acumen, about media, and I got the same message because my Internet provider isn't UPC or sky... it's 02... such a waste of time- they should say at the start "if your not with these providers, don't continue"!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

SMJSF wrote: »
    I got 2 today from IO and acumen, about media, and I got the same message because my Internet provider isn't UPC or sky... it's 02... such a waste of time- they should say at the start "if your not with these providers, don't continue"!!!

If I get knocked out like that I usually use it to learn from and try not repeat the same mistake again.

If I get knocked out like that I usually use it to learn from and try not repeat the same mistake again.

By doing what? Lieing on the survey? Not worth the hassle and it invalidates the survey anyway. I get thrown out of plenty but still earned 250 on IO alone last year. A total of over 500 on all surveys.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

When do Red C send the cheques. I had about 60 points and on the first of this month they took 50 of the points off, so I was expecting a cheque in the post today but got nothing.

• Advertisement

When do Red C send the cheques. I had about 60 points and on the first of this month they took 50 of the points off, so I was expecting a cheque in the post today but got nothing.

Few days after the start of the month. This would be quite early even without a bank holiday and other disruption.

does anyone ever get a survey and when they go to do it, the next page shows different countries flags and Chinese writing? what does this mean?

does anyone ever get a survey and when they go to do it, the next page shows different countries flags and Chinese writing? what does this mean?

The page you described sounds like the error/survey full page. If not in English click on the Union Jack symbol. It can be as a result of using a phone which is not compatible with the survey.

The page you described sounds like the error/survey full page. If not in English click on the Union Jack symbol. It can be as a result of using a phone which is not compatible with the survey.

i always use a laptop or desk top when doing the surveys, nothing happens when you click on the union jack flag.they are always 2 euro surveys as well.

Hartelijk dank dat u mee wilt doen aan dit onderzoek.

Vanwege een overweldigende respons zijn er al genoeg vragenlijsten ingevuld.

We verontschuldigen ons voor het ongemak en hopen dat u in de toekomst weer zult meedoen.

Heeft u vragen of opmerkingen, neem dan met ons contact op onder vermelding van het onderwerp van het onderzoek dat u probeerde in te vullen.

jwhite@webperspectives.ca
    [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
    [] [] [] [] [] []

thats what comes up. actually its probably not Chinese writing lol.

Hartelijk dank dat u mee wilt doen aan dit onderzoek.

Vanwege een overweldigende respons zijn er al genoeg vragenlijsten ingevuld.

We verontschuldigen ons voor het ongemak en hopen dat u in de toekomst weer zult meedoen.

Heeft u vragen of opmerkingen, neem dan met ons contact op onder vermelding van het onderwerp van het onderzoek dat u probeerde in te vullen.

jwhite@webperspectives.ca
    [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
    [] [] [] [] [] []

thats what comes up. actually its probably not Chinese writing lol.
    Thank you want to participate in this study.

Due to an overwhelming response , there are enough already filled questionnaires.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will participate again in the future.

If you have questions or comments, please contact us quoting the subject of the investigation that you were trying to fill.

Thank you want to participate in this study.

Due to an overwhelming response , there are enough already filled questionnaires.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will participate again in the future.

If you have questions or comments, please contact us quoting the subject of the investigation that you were trying to fill.

thank you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Anyone else finding a lack of surveys since the start of the year?
    <SNIP>
    Also got this question today which taught was hilarious. :pac:
    More questions of similar sort after that one too.
    gn1hc4Q.png

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm getting a good few surveys but I've had technical issues with a lot of the Irish Opinions ones.

I got that sex one too. Nice question about whether you and your partner know where the g spot is.

• Advertisement

I have had more surveys from IO this month than for Nov and Dec combined. Great earnings so far for January.

Advertisement