Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergy Testing

Options
  • 29-05-2008 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi...Just wondering does anyone have any experience of the amber clinic in mullingar for allergy testing? I have heard that although the allergy test costs 95 euro, when you are diagnosed with the different viruses/bacterias you have to take homeopath drops and go back for a few months and end up spending a fortune. Thinking of going myself...Anyone had experiences on this place...good or bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

WAs there, €80 quid and then drops for 25 quid, couldnt be bothered takin them for a month! she said take for a month and call back for another test (another 80+ euro!!). Wouldnt go again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Best place is either Iridology consultation with Helen in www.herbire.ie - brilliant

or go the total science route and get a blood test done for food intolerance from www.cambridge-nutritional.com -

http://www.cambridge-nutritional.com/Scripts/aboutUs.asp

very detailed and a final answer if you are serious about finding what foods do not work for you. I have gotten lots of my clients to do this and all have found it excellent and a revelation (expensive though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Katzy

Do you come away with a list of foods? how does it work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Yes you do come away with a list of foods - the links are there on how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sthelier

testers wrote: »
    Hi...Just wondering does anyone have any experience of the amber clinic in mullingar for allergy testing? I have heard that although the allergy test costs 95 euro, when you are diagnosed with the different viruses/bacterias you have to take homeopath drops and go back for a few months and end up spending a fortune. Thinking of going myself...Anyone had experiences on this place...good or bad?
    I have been attending the Amber Clinic for a fungal treatment and have been taking herbal remedies daily for the last two years. I have a severe case of Candida and have read all the responses by people on this forum. It is expensive to treat a condition like the one that I have and what many people dont realise is that the Amber Clinic diagnoses symptons relating to an underlying complaint such as the one I have. I had been to my doctor who prescribed antibiotics. This made my condition worse. The problem I have is fungal related and after taking the herbal remedies my health is improving. It does take time and people need to be patient with this type of treatment. I started to feel unwell when I lost my appetite and then I got a nail infection and it then progressed onto bloated stomach, sinus problems and digestive complaints. I admit I was apprehensive when I started the treatment and had to keep taking the herbal remedies but I am now turning a corner and feeling good. It takes time and if you are unsure if this is the route to take I would assure anyone that it is. I would highly recommend the clinic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

I highly recommend the Fitzwilliam Clinic for Food Allergy & Intolerance testing.

http://www.fitzwilliamfoodtest.com/

Only thing I'll say about having an allergy - you will know if you have one long before you get tested because eating the food will generally put you in hospital. An allergy is an immediate and full-blown reaction including but not limited throat swelling closed, eyes swelling, belly swelling with stabbing pains, difficulty breathing, instant rash and skin reaction.... the list goes on!

An Intolerance will have a delayed reaction - can usually be harder to pinpoint cause it can come on 24hours later or more. Can still involve severe and unpleasant reactions but not life-threatening. Allergies are usually life-threatening, think Anaphylactic shock and the need for medical intervention to recover.

Advertisement