Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet help

Options
  • 24-01-2015 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there.
    I am coming here out of sheer ignorance and inability to do anything for myself. I am pretty aware of this, so I would appreciate people who would just like to point this out to move along :)

I am 36, 6ft tall and approx 15 stone. this puts me in the overweight category, and i want to start tackling it from a dietry perspective. about 3 years ago i was 17.3 stone. (converting from kg here) and i lost the weight mainly through exercise, i started hiking, and cycling, and some light jogging.
    I also started to watch what i eat, less take aways, less sweet things ect. nothing radical, just an awareness of what i intake.

My problem at the minute is i want to step up the dietary side, I am currently working in Belgium, and i am not the best cook in the world, i can cook a steak, store bought curries and sweet and sour ect, but i know all this food is processed and not the best for me.

I am looking for simple, tasty low fat dishes, that are relatively easy to cook, with simple ingredients, ( the Belgium thing comes into play here, as with the language barrier it took me 20 mins today to find low fat Yoghurt.)

The reason i am asking here, is I am pretty sure you guys have done this before, answered this question before, and have a much greater knowledge than i do.
    When i Google it, i get many links to dishes i reckon i would completely destroy if i attempted to cook them.

I am appealing to your knowledge and expertise here.
    any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Post up a normal days food intake and people can advise you on changes

Advertisement