Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going for the world record on battery usage on Desire HD!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭monster1

here is my galaxy note, note getting as much use since i got the gs3, surprised at how long the battery is lasting
    [IMG][/img]zntsfp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

has anyone got one for the desire s? im a heavy user and a longer lasting batt would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

no, but ,ines a desire hd and my wifes is a desire and bo have shown significant improvement with the gold battery over the original one, so i'd imagine it would work just as well in a desire s.

i'm starting to think i should have got a referral link from the seller on ebay. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

My gold just arrived this morning. Says to use it and let it drain then 12 hour charge. Will report back tomorrow. Can't be much worse than original. Had died by 2pm today with about two hours playing music and a little browsing/email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Other than changing the battery I found turning off mobile data (along with wifi,GPS, bluetooth,sync...) until I need it had a massive effect on battery life. Stick a widget on your front page so you can turn any one on/off.

Current widget is great as well. Your phone should be running at c.5mA when it's not in use. A full charge last 3-4 days nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Umm put new battery in and seems I'm going to get 19.5 hours on battery. I'm trying my best to drain it before tonight so can give it a good charge overnight.

groom wrote: »
    Other than changing the battery I found turning off mobile data (along with wifi,GPS, bluetooth,sync...) until I need it had a massive effect on battery life. Stick a widget on your front page so you can turn any one on/off.

Current widget is great as well. Your phone should be running at c.5mA when it's not in use. A full charge last 3-4 days nowadays
    ditto on the current widget to monitor battery drain.

i also use the switch pro widget for turning off data, sync, bluetooth and wifi etc. when not in use. very handy and has a lot of customisable buttons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

ok there is a few factors OP left out that determines what battery life would be like

1. is it the stock rom? if yes what version? Froyo, or Gingerbread?

2. is it a custom rom? if yes what rom? also is that custom rom Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich based?

3. What apps are running on it?

I got a DHD myself and am considering putting on either Ice Cold Sandwich or Cyanogen's CM9 ROM with ICS android. if the Gold battery is indeed much better you might be able to squeeze 72 hours out of it with Ice Cold Sandwich or Cyanogen CM9 custom rom running out it as it has all the network added crapware removed and runs on ICS.

sorry, yes it's a custom rom, virtuous unity which i think is gingerbread based.

lots of apps installed, but the bare minimum running and light usage to get the most out of the battery, -4mA drain in sleep mode according to current widget.

Advertisement