Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy s3 problems.....

Options
  • 01-07-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I bought the new galaxy s3 2 weeks ago, I've had awful bother trying to keep it charged, the battery is useless. i thought that was its only downfall until i woke up this yesterday morning, it had been on charge for about 4 hours when i noticed a faint crack on the middle of the screen. I immediately took it off charge and analysed it. i hadnt dropped the phone at all or damaged it in any way. As the day went on, the crack became more noticeable and longer until eventually after a few hours, the crack had reached both corners of the screen. I contacted the shop where I purchased the phone and they sent it off straight away to have it looked at. The results just came back that i seemingly stood on the phone, this is just despicable. I never once even let the phone fall. They won't fix my screen unless i pay a fee of €160 and they told me it's not covered under warranty :confused:

My question is; has anyone had this bother with the samsung galaxy s3 or has anyone heard of this happening before???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭MrReynholm

Hi Longfchick,

Here's a thread on problems people are having with the S3: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056679421

That's unfortunate about the crack, particularly as they're reputed to have tough screens, although I could understand from a company's point of view why they would be hesitant to cover it themselves as having worked in electronics retail myself, you do get a lot of people who break their own stuff and claim it's a manufacturer's issue until they're blue in the face. Not saying that's the case here, just that I understand where they're coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lisamarch

I've had my Samsung Galaxy S3 for 21 hours. And same thing. Was charging in wall charger and 3 large cracks developed. Called Verizon and they told me I dropped it. NO, I DID NOT!!

Was it getting up to crazy temps while charging? Sounds crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lisamarch

Was it getting up to crazy temps while charging? Sounds crazy.
    Yes. Very hot. Samsung said not a known issue. Verizon says they won't help because I dropped it-- WHICH I DID NOT. I'm goIng to have to spend $100 insurance deductible to replace. Right note the insurance can't even file my claim because the phone model is too new for their paperwork. Even when I do get insurance replacment -- What if it happens again next time?

Advertisement