Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-06-2012, 18:26   #1
xnightwishx

Samsung Galaxy S3 Problems

I have a samsung galaxy s3 and it's all been working great. Two days ago however, the wifi stopped working. It stays connected but can't download or upload anything as if it isn't connected. Wifi is working on all other devices. Anyone else experience this? I've seen it's happened to someone on a vodafone.ie forum but can't register on that as I'm on 3.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-06-2012, 19:31   #2
Inquitus

Aye it happened to me once so far and a reboot sorted it
22-06-2012, 19:33   #3
Zagato

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnightwishx View Post
I have a samsung galaxy s3 and it's all been working great. Two days ago however, the wifi stopped working. It stays connected but can't download or upload anything as if it isn't connected. Wifi is working on all other devices. Anyone else experience this? I've seen it's happened to someone on a vodafone.ie forum but can't register on that as I'm on 3.
Think someone in the main S3 thread was complaining about a similar problem about a week ago. Here you go Was suggested he get a replacement, which seems like a good plan
22-06-2012, 21:05   #4
xnightwishx

yeah i was hoping it wouldn't come to that because it took me ages to get all my numbers and apps and everything onto it and personalised!! looks like i will have to though.
23-06-2012, 05:26   #5
Zagato

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnightwishx View Post
yeah i was hoping it wouldn't come to that because it took me ages to get all my numbers and apps and everything onto it and personalised!! looks like i will have to though.
That should not be a problem. Just make sure your numbers are saved inn your Google account - and your apps are backed up to your Google account, they will automatically sync when you sign into your new phone.

Make sure you check another router, reboot the phone. And if that falls, after doing the above, a factory reset. The guys in the shop will likely do all this anyway
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-06-2012, 08:25   #6
mickoneill30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato View Post
That should not be a problem. Just make sure your numbers are saved inn your Google account - and your apps are backed up to your Google account, they will automatically sync when you sign into your new phone.
It's the same for apps. I moved to the S3 from another phone. When I signed in it downloaded all my apps automatically.
23-06-2012, 11:01   #7
TheMooseInNam

Send a message via Skype™ to TheMooseInNam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato View Post
Think someone in the main S3 thread was complaining about a similar problem about a week ago. Here you go Was suggested he get a replacement, which seems like a good plan
I picked up the S3 about three days ago. Have to say the phone's awesome but I'm suffering the same problem. Wifi connects at home but won't actually transfer any data. I know my wifi is setup perfectly, as I've multiple wifi devices connected to it and they all work fine.

Initially, it connected and worked great but I then plugged the S3 into the PC, it started charging and I upgraded the firmware to the latest edition, after that I suffered this wifi problem. Tried hard resetting the phone, turning off wifi power saving and power cycling the router but to no avail.

Rang Samsung tech support, initially the tech guy said he had a few similar calls and then reversed his story after going to speak to someone for a few minutes and said it wasn't a known issue at all. Waiting on a call back now.

Anyone figure out a fix for this?
23-06-2012, 11:36   #8
bogman

My rear facing camera was faulty, hardware problem, wouldn't focus, took it back to Carphone Warehouse and they replaced it immediately
(Said twas the first S3 they had seen with a problem)
23-06-2012, 15:29   #9
xnightwishx

If you call *#0011#, hit the menu button, hit wifi, and turn power save to off, it's worked for a lot of people according to the interweb...it didn't work for me, i ended up resetting the phone, but it's worth a try!
Advertisement
24-06-2012, 09:58   #10
waynegalway

My biggest gripe is the battery life. I'm not overly impressed with the system for getting media onto the phone, but I'll get used to it.

But the battery life is atrocious. Dropped 22% while using for the last hour. Mostly browsing over 3G, and 5mins on a basic game.

I'm on the 3 network, and seriously thinking of bringing the phone back.

I've tried turning off all the usual things that eat battery, but it's made no difference.

Anyone else with the same problem?
24-06-2012, 13:29   #11
lycheemochi

I have the same problem, I'm in Australia and I just got my phone about 3 days ago.

About an hour after setting up my phone the wifi said 'connected' but it wasn't transferring any data and nothing would load, after googling the problem for about an hour, I gave up and restored the phone to factory settings which made the wifi work again. (I had tried the *#0011# thing but that seems to only solve it for people who were constantly disconnecting, but mine still says connected)

Its worked fine for 3 days, and now I have the same problem again... so restoring doesn't solve it, and it's not an application issue because I didn't have anything on my phone the first time it happened... I can still however connect to different wifis that is not my home one which I've been using for 3 days, I'm thinking I'm going to have to go back and get it swapped.
24-06-2012, 13:53   #12
blankblank
Closed Account

Still getting the annoying home screen re-draw issue
25-06-2012, 17:00   #13
waynegalway

Think i found a bug.

I have set up the default messenger for one of my contacts to be WhatsApp.

I then sent him a text using s voice, and although it picked up my voice perfectly, it sent the message to him using the Samsung messages app.

I can see that he replied in my notification centre, but when I click on it, it won't open messenger app at all. I get an error message saying that the app had to close, but now I can't open that app at all now.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Can s voice not be set to use any application for sms other than the built in one?

Last edited by waynegalway; 25-06-2012 at 17:08.
25-06-2012, 23:41   #14
kenyard

its probably programmed to use the default sms app in it...
either app needs to be updated (unlikely) or you need to do some sort of modification im guessing you need root and programming knowledge to carry out
Thanks from:
26-06-2012, 08:26   #15
thecross1

Does anyone have sound problem when making phone calls here's what's been happening I'd make a ph call or receive one but the person on the other end of the ph can't hear me to well I only got the ph a few days ago anyway this kept happening so brought it back to the shop the guy verified the problem straight away went home set up my new .ph yesterday made my first ph call and my mate said what the fcuk is wrong with your ph so it's still happening is there a setting I need to go to or is there anyone having the same problems

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion