Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Got the Virb this morning. Gosh, its heavy! I guess that helmet mount will rather stay in the drawer.

But its not as big as I though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Rose have 20% of saddles today. Got a Brooks swift for €71.

€9 delivery, but if you register(again if need be;)) you get €10 voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Let us know how you get on with this also interested are you going to race your bike?

Yes, the main purpose for that bike is going to be racing. Due to the lower gearing and lower weight than my current bike I think I'll also take it to the Pyrenees next year for the Raid.
    Will post a review once I've got some races and distance covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

Planet X with a decent looking torque wrench on offer today HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

dfdream wrote: »
    Not great for cycling. They don't manage sweat very well.
    Find them great as a t-shirt replacement to keep warm when doing jobs outside or going to matches or something like that.
    I got them as low as €1.99

Thanks they've arrived anyway so I'll try them out not like the under armour i have so time will tell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Still waiting for my virb :( Got it sent to a UK address so it should be there soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

flying11 wrote: »
    Planet X with a decent looking torque wrench on offer today HERE

It gets great reviews. Total including delivery is £34.95, so that's about €44.

I've checked a good few other cycling websites, the best alternatives are:

Bike-Discount have a similar torque wrench for €33.90, add delivery and it will be €41.85. It gets good reviews as well.

Wiggle have one for €36.54, but there are no reviews

Chain Reaction Cycles have a torque wrench but with no bits for €31.99. It gets good reviews as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Still waiting for my virb :( Got it sent to a UK address so it should be there soon..

my virb was ordered on Black Friday and arrived today via the Brother in Law. You have had some wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

godtabh wrote: »
    my virb was ordered on Black Friday and arrived today via the Brother in Law. You have had some wait!

Still waiting on my Virb, ordered on dec 5..... on probikekit website...
    Very bad customer service too .... :mad:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭torydiver

greenspurs wrote: »
    Still waiting on my Virb, ordered on dec 5..... on probikekit website...
    Very bad customer service too .... :mad:

Ordered bib shorts on black friday from pbk,
    only received them last Friday...
    Hope your order arrives soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I ordered Dec 5 and it showed up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

TheTubes wrote: »
    I ordered Dec 5 and it showed up today.

Same. It's a lot bigger that I thought it would be :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

A bargain alert if sorts. Garmin UK offer 25% off purchases, excluding their power meter system, to triathlon England members.

It costs £20 to join TE as a non racing member and is onen to Irish addresses.

I picked up a 920xt last week for about €360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Scott CR1 on Westbrook with complete di2.

Missing crankset and brakes though. Every year these seem to pop up missing the same although now and again a complete package shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Junior

Lucca Sports, the suppliers of the boards.ie kit are after launching a new online shop there's a few bits and pieces in the shop at a greatly reduced price.. http://www.luccasports.com/shop/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Junior wrote: »
    Lucca Sports, the suppliers of the boards.ie kit are after launching a new online shop there's a few bits and pieces in the shop at a greatly reduced price.. http://www.luccasports.com/shop/

i dunno why but i read that as lucozade the first time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anyone looking for bike storage: http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=7058464

6'x8' metal shed.Half price @ €279.99
    95-7058464SPA79UC1284212M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i dunno why but i read that as lucozade the first time :(

Check this out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

theres a number of garmin and belkin jerseys on sportspursuit atm:
    http://www.sportpursuit.com/road-cycling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

532 for Ultegra groupset on ribble
    ribblecycles.co.uk/gsd/road-track-bike/shimano-ultegra-6800-11-spd-double-groupset?part=GSSHIMULT680011D&sub=conf_GS_SHR&bike=1

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

markusz wrote: »
    532 for Ultegra groupset on ribble
    ribblecycles.co.uk/gsd/road-track-bike/shimano-ultegra-6800-11-spd-double-groupset?part=GSSHIMULT680011D&sub=conf_GS_SHR&bike=1

They always seem to under estimate the currency conversion though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Do Visa not do the currency conversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

AmberGold wrote: »
    Do Visa not do the currency conversion?

They do but in my experience its not the Ribble quoted price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Decathlon have a half decent sale at the moment. Filled up a "basket" a I've finally got around to using parcel motel, go to check out and im stumped by the Billing address post code!! Bargains to be had for people who know how to get around that anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I usually put in 0000 when asked for a postcode.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

longshanks wrote: »
    I usually put in 0000 when asked for a postcode.

It doesn't let me enter a city with any postcode is my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Weepsie wrote: »
    Decathlon have a half decent sale at the moment. Filled up a "basket" a I've finally got around to using parcel motel, go to check out and im stumped by the Billing address post code!! Bargains to be had for people who know how to get around that anyway

See below.
    Please follow the steps below carefully to process an order online for delivery to the R.O.I.

Please go to www.decathlon.co.uk
    At the top of the homepage you will see an option to select ‘MY STORE’
    Select this then choose ‘NORTHERN IRELAND’ and "BELFAST"
    This will bring you to the Decathlon Belfast website.
    Please select the items that you wish to buy and get delivered by selecting the blue option to ‘RESERVE&COLLECT’ not buy online. Please ensure that you always select to reserve and collect.
    Once you have added all the items to your basket we need you to select to buy an extra item - this is to cover the cost of posting and packing.
    On the home page at the top there is a search engine, type in 1480933. This will bring you to a mini blue bag at £4.99. Add this once to your basket. Don’t worry we will not send you the bags; this is only to cheat the system. This will be shown as delivery charges on your receipt upon delivery. (please note, if you are ordering anything heavy/bulky please let me know first so I can advise on a higher delivery charge. For example - bikes delivery charge £14.99)
    Once selected, add to basket then go to checkout.
    From this stage you can follow the process online to complete the payment of your order. Once you have finished there will be a number of emails sent to you regarding the collection of your items, please ignore these.
    Then you can reply to this email with your delivery address as it won’t ask for it online.
    Also if you are a Loyalty card member please send me the card number to collect your points. If not and you would like to sign up for a loyalty card please let us know in your reply so we can sign you up and send your card with your package.
    For any further information please do not hesitate to contact us 02890 422049 and speak to a member of the customer service team.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

if you are getting delivery to parcelmotel the surely it is the parcelmotel postcode in newtonards bt364pe or whatever.
    BTW does anyone know of an alternative to parcelmotel. Used to be a big fan but they seem to have lost the plot this Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

but they seem to have lost the plot this Xmas

Why?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement