Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

My own bets are not finalised yet but iam am kicking myself for missing some value on monday due to work! Toms traded at 160.0 at one stage and was only half that last time i checked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

added........
    Piercy @60/1
    Walker @50/1
    De(choker)Jonge @40/1
    Overton 50/1 and first rd leader @50/1
    Rollins @66/1 and first rd leader @70/1

I have no strong fancy for this so only having two small bets on a couple of outsiders the 1st one is a player that has been very out of form this year but reports in a change of coach and improvement it practice i will take the chance of a return to form for Gregory Havret.
    The 2nd is another speculative bet on Wade Ormsby at a big price, again more a hopeful selection with no great form as such but he does appear to perform better in this part of the world.

G. Havret 0.5pt win @160.0
    W. Ormsby 0.5pt win @370.0

Its not a bad field and a lot more appealing than the european tour event. I have gone for a mixture of young and old here. Firstly Rickie Fowler and Thorbjorn Olesen are two exciting and relatively young golfers with massive potential and I am happy to have both on my side this week. The last player is a bit more experienced and a past winner of this event who played quite well last week, Jerry Kelly.

First Round Leader
    R. Fowler 1pt win @30.0

Outright
    R. Fowler 2.5pt win @22.0
    T. Olesen 1pt win @34.0
    J. Kelly 0.5pt win @140.0

This weeks outlay: 6pts

Balance -74.5

Added Tommy Fleetwood @60/1 in Korea

• Advertisement

added........
    Piercy @60/1
    Walker @50/1
    De(choker)Jonge @40/1
    Overton 50/1 and first rd leader @50/1
    Rollins @66/1 and first rd leader @70/1
    Added Tommy Fleetwood @60/1 in Korea

Am not sure if there is a misunderstanding here or something with the tread title reading golf betting log but it is a personal log to track my bets not for everyone to log their own.
    Don't get me wrong I want others to have there input here and I have no problem discussing anyone else's fancies I just don't want the thread getting clogged up with other logging every time they add a golfer.
    There is a golf tips thread available or even better again it would be great if others wanted to set up there own log for their selections, I know it would interest me to see how other get on.

Couple of small first round leader bets, i haven't got prices I am looking for yet but will update once I do.

P. Uihlein 0.5pt win @50.0
    sang-moon bae 0.5pt win @44.0 (partially matched so hoping the rest gets matched)

redzerdrog wrote: »

G. Havret 0.5pt win @160.0 - still in with a squeek at -3
    W. Ormsby 0.5pt win @370.0 - co-leader at -7

First Round Leader
    R. Fowler 1pt win @30.0 gave me a good run for my money

Outright
    R. Fowler 2.5pt win @22.0 -5 after day 1
    T. Olesen 1pt win @34.0 -2 after day 1
    J. Kelly 0.5pt win @140.0 +1 needs a low round today

P. Uihlein 0.5pt win @50.0 no use - terrible bet
    sang-moon bae 0.5pt win @44.0 no use - terrible bet
    Update

1pt e/w double aphribarnet (12/1) and D.A. Points (9/1)

current balance -77.5

1pt win kevin Stadler @32.0

in the clubhouse at -11 so taking a chance that the leader dont shoot a really low score this evening

• Advertisement

1pt win kevin Stadler @32.0

in the clubhouse at -11 so taking a chance that the leader dont shoot a really low score this evening

Adfed stANLY at 12/1 1pt

If horschel wins i will crack up!!!

fancy Simpson for this so just trying to get the best price/terms on offer for him.

For now I was messing about picking doubles for another site and came up with with:
    mcIlroy & simpson into Noran and Dubuisson

so I did them for the craic and did 0.75pt doubles which works out at 3pts outlay

staying away from singles in the china open for the time being, I might get involved in play. Just having a look at the Indonesian Masters aswell at the minute so will most likely do a speclutive e/w trixie across the events later with Paul Lawrie my most likely pick from the china open.

Wells Fargo

1st round leader
    B. Watson 1pt E/W @ 33/1

Outright
    W. Simpson 4pt win @ 20/1
    L. Glover 1pt E/W @ 50/1 paying 6 places
    D.A. Points 1pt E/W @ 50/q paying 6 places

This weeks outlay so far: 13pts

Current Ballance: -92.5pts

0.5 pt e/w trixie lawrie stenson and weisburger

Outlay 4pts

Outright
    Luke Donald 4pt e/w @ 20/1 paying 7 places
    Pretty easy choice for my main bet. Good recent form, good course form and conditions should suit.

Billy Horschel 1pt e/w @ 66/1 paying 6 places
    Wasn't planning on backing him initially as he was 40/1 when first looking and the fact no first timer has ever won the players. Then when researching it I found out he actually lives locally and has played the course regularly added to the fact he was 66/1, has excellent recent form and the soft conditions could suit him. I found it hard to leave him out again!!

Ben Crane 0.5pt win @170.0
    Brian Davis 0.5 win @ 280.0
    Two lively outsiders who have a good chance if on form again in theory the course should suit

Left out Westwood and Stenson. I might back Westwood in play if the right opportunity arises. Begrudgingly left out Stenson as he was a bit too short considering last weeks performance.

First Round Leader

Justin Rose 1pt win @55.0
    Someone who is quick out of the blocks, he ranks 2nd for scoring before the cut, so when I saw 55.0 i thought it was too big

Ben Crane 0.5pt win @70.0
    Brian Davis 0.5pt win @130.0

This weeks outlay 13pts

Balance -105.5

well that was a disaster, gutted I didn't back stenson although i have him in tipping comp.

Gonna back a few in running here as with woods in contention he is obviously a short price but it means better prices on everyone else.

Added

1pt win on david lynn @60.0

0.5pt win leisman @120.0

edit: he just birdied another to go -10 gona watch closly but might lay back my stake if he trades any lower

0.5pt win leisman @120.0

edit: he just birdied another to go -10 gona watch closly but might lay back my stake if he trades any lower

ugh go to eat my dinner and come back to see he gave all 3 shots back:mad:

I haven't got much interest this week as I am too busy threatening to start study for my exams next week.

only bet for me is an each way patent with one from each tournie

0.5 pt E/W Patent - 7pt outlay

Jason Day @14/1
    Peter Uilien @22/1
    G Mac @8/1

I haven't got much interest this week as I am too busy threatening to start study for my exams next week.

only bet for me is an each way patent with one from each tournie

0.5 pt E/W Patent - 7pt outlay

Jason Day @14/1
    Peter Uilien @22/1 Winner
    G Mac @8/1 Winner

Boom!! Profit!!

• Advertisement

Boom!! Profit!!

Nice one,how much cash did you pocket?

Nice one,how much cash did you pocket?

think it will work out at a bit over €700 because i cant see Day placing this evening, you wouldn't believe how close i came to putting Bradley into the bet instead of day, I even tipped him in a tipping comp! would have been some sweat but happy with the weekend of golf.

Although I have got zero study done as a result and I have an exam tomorrow!! Have to take the rough with the smooth I suppose :)

Day making a bit of headway ti give me the slightest optimism of a place.

Just added 2pts win on Charl @27.0 aswell to give me some interest for the evening

will update my running balance at the end of play today because it a bit all over the place at the minute

Balance before this week -107pts

This weeks outlay: 9pts in total

0.5 pt E/W Patent
    Jason Day @14/1
    Peter Uilien @22/1 winner
    G Mac @8/1 winner

Returned +141.5pts:):):)

Overall Balance: +25.5pts

BMW PGA Championship
    I will start with the market leaders for this. Although I do like Luke Donald and his record here is excellent i cant have him at 8/1 i think it is way too short for his current form if he was 12/1+ id start to consider him. Rory has a poor record here and with the wind expected to howl i dont fancy him as i dont think he particularly likes the windy conditions. Rose is too short aswell and he has putted terribly of late which is kinda ironic that my main selection here is Lee Westood. I really like him for this he has been in good form of late, has good course form and his putting/scrambling have improved no end and his accuracy is exactly what is needed here.

Apart from westwood i dont have any particularly strong fancies for this. I put Siem into my multiples in the hope that he will play well as he is currently 67th in the world ranking and the top 70 qualify for the US Open. I have gone for some small bets on outsiders with decent course form in Khan and Whiteford at big prices.

Crown Plaza Invitational
    This tournament is so wide open I could have easily picked 10 in it. The two I have gone for I think are reasonably priced. Firstly Charl Schwartzel he never made a putt last week yet was still there abouts at the weekend and tee to green he was almost impeccable (18th excluded) and that is exactly what is needed around this tight track. Accuracy is the most important factor here and I am willing to overlook its his debut here. The next player is someone how has been there abouts for the last number of weeks without getting it done and i think he will win one at some stage this year, Charley Hoffman . He is not someone that i am generally inclined to back but at 50/1 i think its a decent price.

Bets
    Westwood 3.5pts win @13.5
    Whiteford 0.5pt win @380.0
    Khan 0.5pt win @350.0

Schwartzel 2pt win @15/1
    Hoffman 1pt E/W @ 50/1 1/4odds paying 5 places

Multiples
    0.5pt E/W Doubles (outlay 4pts)
    Westwood/Siem 6 places
    &
    Schwartzel/Hoffman 5 places

This weeks outlay so far:12.5pts

Ugh fml that was a disaster on a day! I am working on the only source of internet i have is my fone!
    So was checking the scores throughout the day and thought westwood had it in the bag early on so when khan hit 9.00 i laid off for 4 points just to get something back from him.
    Then westwood blows up and khan is in the playoff with the cashout option fluctuating between 300 and 400 i decide that if it hits 400 again i will cash out and then bam my fone went dead without any warning that the battery was low.
    So what should have been a very profitable weekend has turned into a nightmare. I am gona re evaluate the strategy of backing at big prices on betfair instead of taking the lower prices but each way.
    Just a sickner of a day!

Balance before last week: +25.5pts

Weeks Outlay: 12.5pts

Returns: 4pts

Current Balance: +17pts

This haven't quite got over the disappointment of the weekend but just deciding on my bets for this week. I think I need my head checked because I am toying with the idea of Westwood again :o:mad::confused::(:eek:

These are the bets I have done so far for this week

1pt e/w on Kucher @20/1 paying 6 places

1pt e/w on Illonen @40/1 paying 5 places

1pt e/w double Kucher/Illonen

2pt win double Woods @9/4 & Weisburger @28/1

I have some others that I am trying for big prices on betfair and will update if they get matched for the top 5 in the nordea masters

nordea masters

Pablo Martin Benavides 1pt top 5 @100.0
    Niklas Lemke 0.75pt top5 @100.0 (will be 1pt if it gets matched)

• Advertisement

more than likely gona have a saver on Noren and possibly 1 or 2 in america when I get to the bookies in the afternoon. I will be out on the beer for the day from then on but will try update at some stage.

Advertisement