Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Compared to Brian Cowen

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

scr123 wrote: »
    What a terribly silly thread.

Slagging Brian Cowen over his appearance and at same time Gilmore and Kenny are all dressed up with nowhere to go !

Can I remind those with an obsession about FF that THE WORST DAY IN GOVERNMENT IS BETTER THAN THE BEST DAY IN OPPOSITION

Surely there is something better to do ?

They've got their job-interview suits on, waiting for the call.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

brian_cowen_ear_ear-248x300.jpgbriancowen.jpg?id=725X1342&site=damnpeskyindiekid.wordpress.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdamnpeskyindiekid.files.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F12%2Fbrian_cowen11.jpg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fdamnpeskyindiekid.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F12%2F09%2Fthe-fallen-apple%2Fbrian_cowen_fat_boy_slim.jpgcowen_getty_286966t.jpgsilvio-berlusconi-brian-cowen-costas-karamanlis-2009-3-1-12-10-61-300x240.jpgdeal-reached-on-public-sector-pay-14747574.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

I always thought he looked like one of those creatures from hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.... like attached.

With scruffy FF politicians in general, it's tempting to say that the only thing they ever took to the cleaners was the electorate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭scr123

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They've got their job-interview suits on, waiting for the call.:P

Have had a look at their CV, unless they make huge improvements the 3 week interview with the electorate will be a wasted effort. There are signs the competition are gearing up and will be fighting like never before .

Oh, as they have been out of work for so long maybe they should start immediately a course on modern economics and politics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

danman wrote: »
    Cameron is a boyband type leader, a boyzone, a westlife, a spicegirls leader.

He is the epitimy of the exact opposite of what I would like in a leader.

Is that you, Dunphy?;)

Presentation does matter - it's the only reason anyone thinks Brian Lenihan is competent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Can I remind those with an obsession about FF that THE WORST DAY IN GOVERNMENT......

.....and FF have certainly had a fair few of those! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    If Cowen could actually do the job he's paid to do (or better still, had done his previous job) then I wouldn't care if he showed up naked

This man has childeren right? Someone must have turned off the light, otherwise........ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

There are signs the competition are gearing up and will be fighting like never before

You're only gearing up now? That explains it. Are you saying you haven't been running this country during this time of crisis in top gear?? You should have bloody geared up years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

bad2dabone wrote: »
    ...still I wonder how he manages to look like a drunk at a wedding considering the salary he's on. It's baffling.
    He always come across to me as someone that just fell out of bed in the morning after falling into it, still wearing the same crumpled suit.

If he was able for the job of running the government circus in Dublin - genuinely - I wouldn't care if he turned up in a clowns outfit.
    As it is, he is just one in disguise, in a rumpled suit instead half the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Well he looks to me like a man who is beat and has given up , he carries himself terribly and I would liken him against against a leader with real substance like listening to your favourite song as a ring tone on a phone when it should only ever be played in pro logic Dolby surround sound.

Though FF I have to admit Brian Cowen when he is in Dail listening to Gilmore and Kenny has too much of a dismissive look on his face. As we all know when these two clowns open their mouths their heads vanish but it should be acknowledged they are doing their best with very limited resources in the brains area

Have had a look at their CV, unless they make huge improvements the 3 week interview with the electorate will be a wasted effort. There are signs the competition are gearing up and will be fighting like never before .

Oh, as they have been out of work for so long maybe they should start immediately a course on modern economics and politics

Was that the course that FF missed out on due to unforeseen circumstances?

You're only gearing up now? That explains it. Are you saying you haven't been running this country during this time of crisis in top gear?? You should have bloody geared up years ago.

Obviously you do not support FF so would you mind telling me who you support and why your party has not geared up to defeat FF in an election since 1982 ?
    Perhaps you could also tell me how to deflate an economy and at same time reflate it. In fact, if there is anyone on this board who has the answer there are many governments around the world who will pay big money for a working solution

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Perhaps you could also tell me how to deflate an economy and at same time reflate it. In fact, if there is anyone on this board who has the answer there are many governments around the world who will pay big money for a working solution

Well, we told FF how not to inflate it in the first place, and Ahern told us all we'd be better off committing suicide!

And if anyone in FF wants to forego their half-a-million quid, or hire us as consultants like they did their buddies, then maybe we might actually look at giving them some help.....

.....but at the moment, considering they shafted us with NAMA, why would we ? If they're devoid of ideas, let them quit and let someone competent and ethical have a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Obviously, substance should win out over style, but is there anyone who doesn't cringe when they see Cowen with Obama Berlesconi and Sarkozi.

I can hardly wait for the shudder of despair when he meets the Wonderboy Cleggeron.

How can you take him seriously at all? Going by his reaction to those portraits hung in the gallery, Cowen is the only one that takes Cowen seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

What is the bet that whenever they first meet, David Cameron will go back to his aide saying along the lines of; "Nice chap that Mr. Cowen, but one didn't know what he was bloody on about half the time." :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think this pic of me outside the US Embassy last year says more then I can about how I feel about this administration compared to others!

3280857417_f4ed07dba5_b.jpg

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    I think this pic of me outside the US Embassy last year says more then I can about how I feel about this administration compared to others!

3280857417_f4ed07dba5_b.jpg

DeV.

You jokingly meant Ireland to be invaded, right?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jokingly....... yesssssss, thats right.... *ahem*.

(which would you rather have rule you, Cowen or Obama?)

DeV.

Apologies for the confusion!

I would rather have Obama, but I suppose he has the potential to be dangerous, unlike Cowen who only has the potential to be incompetent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Apologies for the confusion!

I would rather have Obama, but I suppose he has the potential to be dangerous, unlike Cowen who only has the potential to be incompetent!

What do you mean the potential to be incompetent? I would consider that theory well and truly proven.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Video alone says it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Obviously, substance should win out over style, but is there anyone who doesn't cringe when they see Cowen with Obama Berlesconi and Sarkozi.
    How can you take him seriously at all?

Exactly right!
    Like it or not, how we display ourselves to the world is crucial in many ways. Cowen, Jackie-Healy Rae, ‘little willie’ O’Dea etc etc. perpetuate the image of Ireland as being a land of gombeens. – Thanks lads!

Advertisement