Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime reduced to £59.Until 8th July

Options
  • 06-07-2015 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

Until 8th July, join Amazon Prime for £59 and save £20 on your first year's membership. Enjoy benefits including unlimited One-Day Delivery, instant access to movies and TV shows and secure unlimited photo storage. If you sign up today you’ll also be able to access Prime exclusive deals on 15th July.

Offer is only available by clicking the 'Get Started' button above. Ends 23:59pm 8th July. Available to new Prime members only. After your first year, your Prime membership will renew for £79/year. Cancel anytime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prime/pipeline/promo?

Its useful for next day delivery to PM, Free Kindle Library and Amazon Prime Movies via a DNS/VPN Service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

While I realise this is a reduction, it's still not a 'bargain', it's simply not worth it for Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

If you are not using PM then how does Prime delivery stack up for delivering to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

prime wont delivery to ROI addresses so you need PM

Ive prime memebership and find it good, Ive a number of fire tvs and access the video library through vpn no complaints there either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Nuttzz wrote: »
    prime wont delivery to ROI addresses so you need PM

Ive prime memebership and find it good, Ive a number of fire tvs and access the video library through vpn no complaints there either

so basically you'd have to be nuttzz to get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

While I realise this is a reduction, it's still not a 'bargain', it's simply not worth it for Irish people.

Depending on what I get and how urgent I need it, its
    1. sometimes cheaper using my prime account to PM rather than delivered directly
    2. Quicker than delivery direct to ROI.#

Plus I have access to te kindle lending library and amazon prime movies on my firestick and laptop/tablet.

To me its worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

What's the deal with the unlimited photo storage? Would this include RAW files from a DSLR? It might be worth it for that alone, with the TV/next day delivery an added bonus.

Edit: Looks like DNG files are covered! Very tempted. Anyone have a VPN recommendation?

TPD wrote: »
    What's the deal with the unlimited photo storage? Would this include RAW files from a DSLR? It might be worth it for that alone, with the TV/next day delivery an added bonus.

Edit: Looks like DNG files are covered! Very tempted. Anyone have a VPN recommendation?
    cyberghost.. there are always deals for the premium version

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Why is it so expensive on Amazon.co.uk?

it's normally only €49 per year on Amazon.de & Amazon.fr, which is now down to €29 for the year with this sale.

Is UK delivery really that much more expensive or something?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

it's normally only €49 per year on Amazon.de & Amazon.fr, which is now down to €29 for the year with this sale.

It can be if you dont qualify for supersaver delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Do those versions include Amazon Instant Video?

• Advertisement

balfe1990 wrote:
    Do those versions include Amazon Instant Video?

Amazon.de does

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Another consideration for taking this offer up is that it is holding a Black Friday like 'Prime Day' with sales that are only available to Prime members.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/11720006/Amazon-launches-its-own-Black-Friday-with-Prime-Day.html

Isn't there a month free trial Prime membership available also?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am considering taking up this offer for videos using VPN. Do I need to put a UK address in my delievery section to buy this. Sorry for the probably very dumb question!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Where is the bargain here :p ?? I had prime but realized its of no use....why would i buy a amazon fire stick for £35 and then prime for £50-60 to watch videos :?

tharmor wrote: »
    Where is the bargain here :p ?? I had prime but realized its of no use....why would i buy a amazon fire stick for £35 and then prime for £50-60 to watch videos :?

Like everything, it's a bargain to those who would actually be interested in it anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    Like everything, it's a bargain to those who would actually be interested in it anyway.

True...

tharmor wrote: »

My firestick cost me £7 having been refunded £12 after I signed up.

Note - it was a launch offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Now maybe they said this to appease me but I was told over live chat that the One Day delivery for Amazon Prime will be extended to the Republic Of Ireland "sometime" during the summer.

I then asked a seperate representative if this included Instant Video and I was told to contact the Amazon.ie team! :rolleyes:

But we live in hope eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Possibly i m just thick, but can't find either of these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Niemoj wrote: »
    Now maybe they said this to appease me but I was told over live chat that the One Day delivery for Amazon Prime will be extended to the Republic Of Ireland "sometime" during the summer.

I then asked a seperate representative if this included Instant Video and I was told to contact the Amazon.ie team! :rolleyes:

But we live in hope eh?

At the moment they work at 7-10 days for dispatch so one day delivery on top of that wont make any real difference!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

foggy_lad wrote: »
    At the moment they work at 7-10 days for dispatch so one day delivery on top of that wont make any real difference!

Yeah I've found them getting worse myself alright, especially when they use that iParcel crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Niemoj wrote: »

But we live in hope eh?

It's worth noting that if (and it's a big if) Amazon are launching Amazon.ie, including Prime as an option, it may very well be a separate subscription to the current amazon.co.uk Prime.

I'm tempted in the hope that I make a decent saving on something I want on Prime Day to make it worth it, but it could end up being a bit of a waste of money. Already used up my trial when getting the Fire TV Stick, and didn't use Amazon Instant Video once despite having access, other than to see that it worked, so fast shipping via Parcel Motel would be the only benefit to me really...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Can we sign up with Amazon Prime with an Irish address?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Wing126 wrote: »
    Can we sign up with Amazon Prime with an Irish address?

Yeah, they will allow it even if there is no way to benefit from it

Same with Amazon US

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Cheers, worth a gamble at that price. I usually use PM for deliveries anyway as there is never anyone home during the day to accept deliveries. Was planning on ordering some stuff today with next day delivery which was going to cost me nearly £10 anyway. Borrowing from the kindle library seems pretty cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Thanks OP I'll give it a go. If indeed they'll start offering Prime for ROI I'm sure we can get a refund in the next 30 days or so
    Won't be using much of the prime video services but the delivery through PM in 2 days for roughly 3€ seems good enough for me. I like this semi-instant gratification. Last couple of orders from Amazon using super saver shipping were dreadfully slow. Very frustrating to see items in "dispatching" status for 7-8 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Thanks OP I'll give it a go. If indeed they'll start offering Prime for ROI I'm sure we can get a refund in the next 30 days or so
    Won't be using much of the prime video services but the delivery through PM in 2 days for roughly 3€ seems good enough for me. I like this semi-instant gratification. Last couple of orders from Amazon using super saver shipping were dreadfully slow. Very frustrating to see items in "dispatching" status for 7-8 days.

€3.95 per delivery now or €3.50 if you top up by €35.

I'm beginning to wonder if they are deliberately slowing things up in advance of the big marketing blowout to advertise 'Prime Day' on the 15th of July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Does this Prime Day mean that they will/have stopped signing people up to prime without their knowledge or consent?

according to my reading on amazon. Prime Day will give Prime Subscribers special offers.

I ordered a case for my new Lenovo Yoga and it was in my hands in 2 days between prime delivery and PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

tinodz wrote: »
    Yeah, they will allow it even if there is no way to benefit from it

Same with Amazon US

Gonna sign up for a free trial for the prime day sale so, try out Parcel Motel while I'm at it too.

Thanks!

Advertisement