Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

who the fup is lord farquar here ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Why is anyone surprised or feathers being ruffled over garda station calls being recorded? It seems an eminently sensible thing to do and I'm only amazed it wasn't happening before. Outgoing calls - perhaps not, but incoming calls should be.

I think it's being implied by the government and media, that they were not recorded for innocent reasons.

In terms of catching gardaí feeding journalists info, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

In terms of recording 112 calls, that happens in every country.

But Kenny talking to the opposition about revelations would imply there's something bigger behind it.

Blackmail maybe? We'll find out sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Even Joe is tuning out now.zzzzzzz!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

This is my selfie listening to liveline now
    330itis1-300x300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

who the fup is lord farquar here ?

Some solicitor type.............who came from the lower classes.......NOT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Joe is fed up. He's frantically trying to get a Magdalene Laundry worker on Line 2.

I admire Shatter for lowering salaries of judiciary, but I don't think he went anywhere near far enough.

There are some I understand who like him for preparing the groundwork for gay marriage, but that was going to be brought in by whomever was the justice minister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭baldbear

I think it's being implied by the government and media, that they were not recorded for innocent reasons.

In terms of catching gardaí feeding journalists info, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

But Kenny talking to the opposition about revelations would imply there's something bigger behind it.

The Ian Bailey case maybe. Were gaurds recorded trying to set him up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,907 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Yes, and for anyone in a sensitive position or have dodgy/sensitive information, to have entrusted that to a State-controlled telephone line that's connected to a police station, is naive in the extreme. The assumption should have been that calls would have been recorded and act accordingly.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Yes, and for anyone in a sensitive position or have dodgy/sensitive information, to have entrusted that to a State-controlled telephone line that's connected to a police station, is naive in the extreme. The assumption should have been that calls would have been recorded and act accordingly.

I think a lawyer talking to a client should at least be able to expect that the cops aren't spying on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Joe is fed up. He's frantically trying to get a Magdalene Laundry worker on Line 2.

Hope it's Funny Friday tomorrow :(

Ironically, it's actually the judges who stop people getting penalty points!

Varadkar should out them about this.

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/law-banning-use-of-poor-box-in-traffic-cases-widely-ignored-1.1737756

But as usual, the media are deferential to judges, who are in fact are law onto themselves and corrupt to the bone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Regina O'Doherty was WRONG, it was given to him 12.40 PM on Tuesday, this caller is WRONG, though he spouts out of him like he knows it all

goose2005 wrote: »
    I think a lawyer talking to a client should at least be able to expect that the cops aren't spying on them

But the client is innocent. :D:D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I got bored and a bit lost, is this guy trying to compare the garda commission to BOD?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Right what are we whinging about today?

baldbear wrote: »
    The Ian Bailey case maybe. Were gaurds recorded trying to set him up?

I reckon they were convinced of his guilt. And were overzealous in charging him. Not necessarily framing or setting him up.

A number of years ago, a woman admitted that she claimed that she saw Bailey near the victim's house, was made up.

She claimed she was pressurised. I reckon she should have been done for perjury myself.

para military police force.

jaysus joe will have to tackle that one.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Christ, going back to the days of the RIC and the 70s.

Martin Callinan expendable?

What about Garda Adrian Donohue?

They used him as an excuse to try and get a pay increase!

• Advertisement

These guards today Joe, with the clothes and the hair. Not like in my day, when all guards were 6 foot 7, and could cuff 5 gurriers with one hand.

The Royal Irish Constabulary who ignored democracy, and used guns on its proponents?

It was a great police force because they opened people's mail, informers and shot their "people".

Is that what the ex-garda wants? Probably.

and todays phrase is

"one stop shop"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭sudzs

Jaysus, he's struggling to say one stop shop. I hate to hear him trying to tackle CCTV!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

hopefully the bar stool bore won't use the 'third gunman on the grassy knoll' phrase again..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

sudzs wrote: »
    Jaysus, he's struggling to say one stop shop. I hate to hear him trying to tackle CCTV!!
    She sea tea veh

She sells sea-shells.

Templemore dis, templemore dat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I feel like I've wandered in to a half-day seminar for retired policemen.........!

Imagine him trying to give a synapse, synops, overview of a case!

• Advertisement

This thread won't last a month at this rate.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Templemore dis, templemore dat

'Templemore Thursday'.

syklops wrote: »
    Imagine him trying to give a synapse, synops, overview of a case!

Mmm... fried synopsis... off to the canteen, lads.

Stones In His Pockets is a very good play by the way.

Stones In His Pockets is a very good play by the way.

The way it's getting plugged, I'd be really pessed off it wasn't, having paid to see it.

I wonder why the lad that was shot didn't call Joe instead of going to the Garda station, I know going directly to the hospital is a crazy concept.

"A barristah"

The way it's getting plugged, I'd be really pessed off it wasn't, having paid to see it.

Well I saw it years ago, so it would've been different actors. But it was brilliant.

It's around ten plus years old.

The fact the Joe grants smart arse idiots like this guy airtime, validates my call for this waste of space show to be scrapped.

• Advertisement

He would have paid the barrister way more than €200

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

At least he had good coffee what with getting his barista to go to court with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭mix_up

this guy is talking crap , the person who is the registered owner of the car is the one who receives a speeding ticket etc , if the owner was not driving , i.e if their wife etc is behind the wheel , the onus is on the registered owner of the vechile to fill in a designated section of the motoring offenses form and declare that they were not behind the wheel

the result is the person who was driving the vechile will be sent a replacement fine and will accordingly receive penalty points

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Well I saw it years ago, so it would've been different actors. But it was brilliant.

Yeah i saw it when Simon Delaney was in it, good play, great the way 2 actors can actually portray a vast array of characters in one show, very funny (thats my plug, pay me Joe, pay me!!!! ) :D

mix_up wrote: »
    this guy is talking crap , the person who is the registered owner of the car is the one who receives a speeding ticket etc , if the owner was not driving , i.e if their wife etc is behind the wheel , the onus is on the registered owner of the vechile to fill in a designated section of the motoring offenses form and declare that they were not behind the wheel

the result is the person who was driving the vechile will be sent a replacement fine and will accordingly receive penalty points

He strikes me as the type of bloke who would say "eh me dog was driving the car ur honour"

Got me interested in it, now. I'll have a look, ta.

• Advertisement

That's what I thought.

In fact it happens in Judge Judy all the time, that the owner is responsible.

But, he is entitled to bring his wife to the small claims court.

Otherwise, it's his problem. This is a non-story.

Ah but he's a salt o de eart dub with a perceived sense of injustice

"Big boners week!" :confused::eek:

"Big boners week!" :confused::eek:
    Yes it is.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Yes it is.

• Advertisement