Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

@Dirk so the company of GodIHTH and my humble self wasn't good enough for you. You wanted to be one your own on the blue bike.
    Well Ok so, but 2 can play at that. So there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

ROK ON wrote: »
    @Dirk so the company of GodIHTH and my humble self wasn't good enough for you. You wanted to be one your own on the blue bike.
    Well Ok so, but 2 can play at that. So there.

Slightly OT, but how was the cycle? My trip to Howth was quite leisurely, I have discovered that my 4ZA seatclamp does not play nice with the P-X frame, I had to readjust my seatpost twice and was still 3cm down after I got home. Put a lot of strain on my knees and back. Defo would not have been able to keep up with you guys today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

It was lovely but what do you care ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

nice hat blorg.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

No boards jerseys, but was anyone part of the gang re-grouping at the top of Stocking Lane yesterday, about 10.30? Orwell maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

nice hat blorg.
    Haha I thought it was you, wasn't 100% sure with the visor :)

blorg wrote: »
    Haha I thought it was you, wasn't 100% sure with the visor as I was going too fast

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

anyone have a med long sleeve boardie jersey for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

WHAT!? there's no team mockler??? I don't understand...

I have a long sleeved full zip size L boards jersey (never worn) which I want to sell....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

How much are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Spotted DrGroove in the Ph park tonight :) wearing his boards gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I have a long sleeved full zip size L boards jersey (never worn) which I want to sell....

Second in line if briano doesn't take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Somebody cycled passed us at the Viewing point carpark yesterday about 11.30 with a boards jersey on - we were just about to head up towards the Sally Gap (my first time, ouch).

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Second in line if briano doesn't take it.

I think, technically, that may be third in line, seeing how Mockler asked for one originally. Unless he doesn't want a large. In which case, then yes, second.

I'm just trying to avoid a situation where someone gets challenged to a race.:)

abcdggs wrote: »
    WHAT!? there's no team mockler??? I don't understand...

Now you said it, Who would join,
    Id be a one man machine:rolleyes:

If the price is right gihh,
    I might get away with large, ive gone easy on the pasta lately

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Boardsie spotted at the front of a bunch of approx. 15-20 heading towards Summerhill this morning (late-ish). I was on a Vets tour heading back to Phoenix Park.

Was tempted to shout "Boardsie", but people around me would either have thought it was some form of road hazard, or I was mental.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

jimm wrote: »
    Was tempted to shout "Boardsie", but people around me would either have thought it was some form of road hazard, or I was mental.:)

They wouldn't have been far wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

jimm wrote: »
    Boardsie spotted at the front of a bunch of approx. 15-20 heading towards Summerhill this morning (late-ish). I was on a Vets tour heading back to Phoenix Park.

That was me Jimm, getting in a last bit of training for my charity cycle to Galway next weekend, www.galwaycycle.ie , you did well to spot me at the front, I usually like to draft at the back :D, and I got the boardsie beep from a car about an hour later, twice in one day, that's a record for me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 kev23f

spotted a boardsie (my first!) on the ballycullen road (near hunterswood) yesterday. It was the planet X bike that caught my eye first, very nice. There was a girl with long blond hair cycling right behind you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

kev23f wrote: »
    spotted a boardsie (my first!) on the ballycullen road (near hunterswood) yesterday. It was the planet X bike that caught my eye first, very nice. There was a girl with long blond hair cycling right behind you also.

could have been emty/mvt

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭mvt

Yep,that was me and Samsa.
    I'd say the reason my bike looked so good was that the sweat pouring off me was cleaning it as we went along.Waay over-dressed for the day that was in it.
    And the long blond hair on the other one wasn't doing my blood pressure any favours either :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Voodoo. 4:20. Donnybrook this evening. Single speed. No helmet. Slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gimmeaminute

Headphones in podcast too loud to drown out the drowning rain coming up Palmerston Road yesterday evening. Guy pulls up and says something.

'What's your something something?'

'Sorry?'

'What's your soemthing name?'

'Pardon?'

'What's your bird's name?'

My bird? My girlfriend? Mother of my children? Or maybe the bike? He wants to know my bike's name? But that's a secret... So I say:

'It's a Kona Paddywagon.'

He peers at me through the rain, very much like I've gone full retard. He's not far wrong.

'Barrabbas' he says, enigmatically and I hang right and he goes straight and then I work it out. What's your Boards name? I'd forgotten I was wearing the jersey.

It's Gimme, Barrabbas, and sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

So who did I see this evening between Baldoyle and Portmarnock? High vis, red jersey with panniers. Big bright front light with that strobe double-flash (what light is that?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

It would be great if we had another way of spotting Boardsies like a sticker or spokecard for the rest of us who haven't a jersey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Spotted Flickerx cruising through Phoenix Park today as I was getting Team Lumen warmed up for some slides and swings intervals in the playground.

Nice rear disc!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Spotted my first boardsie jersey -
    You were going out the Oughterard road just after Moycullen. I beeped twice at you :)
    Was just after mountain biking in Derroura.
    I will be doing the moycullen, spideal, galway block tomorrow, but without my mucky boards jersey :( shame but there is plenty of summer to come. Thank god the clocks are going forward soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭hynesie

Sniipe wrote: »
    Spotted my first boardsie jersey -
    You were going out the Oughterard road just after Moycullen. I beeped twice at you :)
    Was just after mountain biking in Derroura.
    I will be doing the moycullen, spideal, galway block tomorrow, but without my mucky boards jersey :( shame but there is plenty of summer to come. Thank god the clocks are going forward soon.
    That was me, I was wondering who that was beeping. I was out doing a slow Shannapheasteen loop.

Advertisement