Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Stone Cherry gig

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Despite the cheap tickets this only actually sold out last week (Dublin).
    latest release despite a few cringey lyrics here and there prob best since first album I'd go as far to say.

It really gets on my tits the amount of times he says 'let's get high' it's just lazy, seems like they put a lot more effort into lyrics on their earlier albums, Runaway, Never Surrender and Holding On...To Letting Go are great songs though.

Anyone know the stage times cos I just can't be arsed with the support act.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It really gets on my tits the amount of times he says 'let's get high' it's just lazy, seems like they put a lot more effort into lyrics on their earlier albums, Runaway, Never Surrender and Holding On...To Letting Go are great songs though.

Anyone know the stage times cos I just can't be arsed with the support act.

Id say TOAD on about 8:00/8:15 then BSC 9:00/9:15

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

This is tonight!! \m/

Listening to their discography on spotify in work - getting more excited! They were amazing at Download 2013 - if they can be half as good agains we are in for one hell of a gig!

for anyone wondering:

Black Stone Cherry - 9pm
    Theory of a Deadman - 8pm
    Doors open 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

gettin ready for this now, 6 of us heading in, 4 over from uk for it

Gig of the year so far, they were excellent, best i've seen 'em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

I thought BSC were excellent, and was pleasantly surprised by TOAD, although I didn't see their full set. Lead singer came over very well between songs too.

Highlight: Getting Jon Lawhon's pick (after missing one from TOAD that also hit me)
    Lowlight: All fat bastard size t-shirts were sold out before TOAD went on stage!

blastman wrote: »
    I thought BSC were excellent, and was pleasantly surprised by TOAD, although I didn't see their full set. Lead singer came over very well between songs too.

Highlight: Getting Jon Lawhon's pick (after missing one from TOAD that also hit me)
    Lowlight: All fat bastard size t-shirts were sold out before TOAD went on stage!

Sold out, they didn't even have any, Large was the biggest size

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Great gig this was, went in managing to catch end of TOAD place was already jammed seemed to have some of the crowd so fair fecks to them like I posted above not for me though.

BSC were quality start was a bit murky I thought,r maybe it was I moved around as no issues then. Enjoyed set songs off new album sounded great esp. Holding On...,Bad Luck..,Me & Mary Jane - they make right use of the talkbox there!!

blastman wrote: »
    Here's mine:

BSC_signed.jpg

Having had a closer examination, it does look like the card has been signed all right....

i checked mine, it is different, not much, but sigs are in different positions and slightly different

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭cena

Any photos from the gig

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    Any photos from the gig

IMAG0436_zpsfcf98629.jpg

IMAG0439_zps16fd2e40.jpg

IMAG0452_zpsd8b10d77.jpg

IMAG0460_zpsfba1e8ee.jpg

Advertisement