Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Stone Cherry gig

Options
  • 18-12-2013 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but a search returned nothing for me.

Black Stone Cherry are doing a UK tour in February 2014. By pure chance I will be in Edinburgh when they play Glasgow on the 25th. I have already convinced my girlfriend to go but everywhere I look it says the tickets are sold out.

Does anyone know of any way to get a couple of tickets for near enough to face value (£21)? I did find a site selling tickets p2p but the cheapest was £55. I also contacted the venue in Glasgow and they just said keep an eye on their Twitter account.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Tickets are like gold dust, it's an intimate show, like an evening with BSC, they'll play songs, answer questions.
    Think the small tour sold out in a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Didn't know that. It sounds like a cracking show if they do a Q&A. I only saw the gig was on when I googled things to do in Edinburgh and Glasgow for the days we are there. Will keep a look out for tickets anyway.

Thanks for your help,

For what its worth they WILL be back for a full tour later in the year, can't wait as great live band

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

scudzilla wrote: »
    For what its worth they WILL be back for a full tour later in the year, can't wait as great live band

Sweet, with a date in Ireland or just UK? Would be great to see them here rather than travelling over. I only discovered them a few months ago but can't stop listening to them. Last time I was like this with a band was when I got into the Foo Fighters!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Old thread!

New show!
    MCD Productions ‏@mcd_productions 4h BLACK STONE CHERRY (@BlkStoneCherry) have announced a show @academydublin on Thursday October 23rd! Tickets on sale this Friday at 9am!!!

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

€20.40 for tickets too, cheap! Not sure if I'll make it as it's midweek but we will see

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

€20.40 for tickets too, cheap! Not sure if I'll make it as it's midweek but we will see

Tickets won't last the day I would say. You may as well get one now and sell it if you can't make it

I love being right, doesn't happen often so when it does it deserves quoting

New album is out there and it's pretty fine :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

These guys are supporting them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Saw them at Download last summer and they were brilliant! got a ticket fo this show, really looking forward to it!

These guys are supporting them

I can't believe we get these guys to for 22 euro

cena wrote: »
    I can't believe we get these guys to for 22 euro

Yea was thinking we prob wont get them over here since its not apart of the Arena tour but delighted we did . Hopefully will pick up a ticket soon enough since their belfast date is nearly sold already

Yea was thinking we prob wont get them over here since its not apart of the Arena tour but delighted we did . Hopefully will pick up a ticket soon enough since their belfast date is nearly sold already

Did the Dublin gig sellout yet

cena wrote: »
    Did the Dublin gig sellout yet

Surprisingly not which is a shock to me as this seriously has the potential to be gig of the year

Surprisingly not which is a shock to me as this seriously has the potential to be gig of the year

100% agree , but hopefully it sells out after i get my ticket :)

For those that wanna buy a fully signed cd get them here at warner ireland, only 13.99 + 2.50 postage

http://www.warnermusicirelandstore.com/product/black-stone-cherry-magic-mountain-pre-order-signed-album

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It really does as they are such an excellent live band.

F***in LOVING the new album, can't get the title track out of my head

For those that wanna buy a fully signed cd get them here at warner ireland, only 13.99 + 2.50 postage

http://www.warnermusicirelandstore.com/product/black-stone-cherry-magic-mountain-pre-order-signed-album

Did anybody who ordered one of these get it yet? Still waiting on mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

great cd with classic rock magazine including mary jane and some live from donington tracks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Did anybody who ordered one of these get it yet? Still waiting on mine

Still waiting here as well....

Arrived this morning, to be honest I think it's a bit of a swizz calling it a "signed copy" as it is a card replica of the album cover inserted into the jewel case that is signed rather than the actual CD booklet itself. I'm also not 100% convinced they are actual signatures rather than printed ones, I only had time for a quick look this morning before leaving for work.

blastman wrote: »
    Arrived this morning, to be honest I think it's a bit of a swizz calling it a "signed copy" as it is a card replica of the album cover inserted into the jewel case that is signed rather than the actual CD booklet itself. I'm also not 100% convinced they are actual signatures rather than printed ones, I only had time for a quick look this morning before leaving for work.

They are genuine signatures, i've met them a few times and know what they look like.

Not really arsed about the card replica, will look great in a mounted frame wit the CD, bit like this

20140522_133030_zpsb704e9cb.jpg

Have quite a few different one's need doing now

Nice idea there, scud, hmmmm....

Regarding the signatures, I've no doubt they are the real signatures of the band, I'm just not sure the card was printed with them already included, or whether the cards were actually signed....

blastman wrote: »
    Nice idea there, scud, hmmmm....

Regarding the signatures, I've no doubt they are the real signatures of the band, I'm just not sure the card was printed with them already included, or whether the cards were actually signed....

Will post a PIC of mine later, you do same and we'll compare, i 'm pretty confident though that they're individually hand signed

Here's mine:

BSC_signed.jpg

Having had a closer examination, it does look like the card has been signed all right....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Despite the cheap tickets this only actually sold out last week (Dublin).

Anyway looking forward to Thursday caught them during the summer outdoors and were savage, more of the same please! , latest release despite a few cringey lyrics here and there prob best since first album I'd go as far to say.

Haven't really listened to the new record at all but still looking forward to thursday. Also looking forward to catching Theory of a Deadman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Haven't really listened to the new record at all but still looking forward to thursday. Also looking forward to catching Theory of a Deadman

Theory not me cuppa scald at all, prob in a bar when they're on shame it wasn't Airbourne but I suppose that would be askin too much given the ticket price.

Advertisement