Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

Hey all.
    Congrats to everyone. Its great reading peoples thoughts. Its so exciting and nauseating at the same time. :D

Another newbie here. This will be our first.

I am due Dec 6th I think. I am 7 weeks now.

A few people have mentioned taking pregnacare. My family GP (and my work GP) have told me to take folic aid for the first trimester and then start taking pregnacare.

I was flattened from week 4-6 and feeling nauseous and then this weekend I spent it looking into a toilet bowl. Toast was the highlight all weekend. But the past few days I feel better than I have done since I found out.

I spoke to my family GP re the flu jab and she says that there doesnt appear to be any issues with this years flu jab. She too is pregnant and has gotten the jab. Dunno if that helps people make their mind up. I'll get it over the next few weeks.

Good luck everyone. I look forward to hatting with eyerone over the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

beltzar wrote: »
    Hey all.

I was flattened from week 4-6 and feeling nauseous and then this weekend I spent it looking into a toilet bowl. QUOTE][/I]

Thanks for tip re the pregnacare ill def look into that,

Dont know about the rest of you but regarding the morning sickness (or all day sickness!) Its not the idea of being sick that makes me nervous at the moment but if i am sick im worried about not being able to hide it from my work mates or family......Of course id love to tell them but im only 6 weeks so would feel alot better telling people at a minimum of 14 weeks or longer if i could get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

Dont know about the rest of you but regarding the morning sickness (or all day sickness!) Its not the idea of being sick that makes me nervous at the moment but if i am sick im worried about not being able to hide it from my work mates or family......Of course id love to tell them but im only 6 weeks so would feel alot better telling people at a minimum of 14 weeks or longer if i could get away with it.[/QUOTE]

Two people at my work place guessed when I was 4 weeks! I have been told that I am glowing and keep rubbing my tummy. I hadnt noticed and now carry a pen in my hands all the time to stop me rubbing my tummy and smiling. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

I'd the big bloated belly on dd (making a reappearance again this time!) but once I got to about 11 / 12 weeks it was more like a baby bump. Can't wait for the bump to start showing I've really missed it since I had dd! @fima get use to the doctor poking your belly they seem to love it!
    I got the flu vaccine last year I'm not sure how long it lasts but will probably get it again.
    The tiredness does disappear for the 2nd trimester but unfortunately comes back for the 3rd but all these lovely pregnancy symptoms are worth it (and completely forgotten about) when baby arrives :)

Two people at my work place guessed when I was 4 weeks! I have been told that I am glowing and keep rubbing my tummy. I hadnt noticed and now carry a pen in my hands all the time to stop me rubbing my tummy and smiling. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

My goodness they guessed at 4 weeks thats amazing!
    one of my work mates guessed yesterday and although i would rather no one knew until we were much further along she wouldve been the first person in work i would've told anyway...i hope the others dont know until much later though,

although i found that when i was sitting down in work i was also rubbing my tummy without realising, good thing i rarely sit down in work lol!!!

• Advertisement

Congrats Fairie,

This is your 2nd, when are you due? Did you have much sickness on your first?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Learning so much from this thread! I had been taking folic acid (since i found out about 3 weeks ago and Im taking a multivitamin. Does pregnacare alleviate the need for folic acid or anything else?

So exciting that everyone here is in the same boat :)

Excited! wrote: »
    Congrats Fairie,

This is your 2nd, when are you due? Did you have much sickness on your first?

Thanks excited :) congrats to you too!! Yes this is my 2nd. Not sure of exact date as I'm breastfeeding dd but going by my calculations I think due date is around 14th Dec scan on Friday so I'll know then!
    No morning sickness on first but very bad with this one so thinking maybe a boy?! How have you been?

Fairie wrote: »
    Thanks excited :) congrats to you too!! Yes this is my 2nd. Not sure of exact date as I'm breastfeeding dd but going by my calculations I think due date is around 14th Dec scan on Friday so I'll know then!
    No morning sickness on first but very bad with this one so thinking maybe a boy?! How have you been?

Fantastic, you must be so excited about your scan on friday! Mine is not for another 3 weeks and i can hardly contain myself :) Its going to be lovely for your first to have a little brother or sister so close in age, (my sis has 3 kids under 3years! busy house but its lovely seeing them together, they are the best of friends!!)

If you dates are right then we have a very close due date, im due the 12th or 13th of dec.

Only in the last couple of days ive been feeling a bit sick, not actually getting sick just feeling it!! and i just cant take the smell of cornflakes in the morning i have to leave the room!! crazy things happening my body im wondering is half it my imagination! I guess its not as weird for you since its your 2nd time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

closifer wrote: »
    Learning so much from this thread! I had been taking folic acid (since i found out about 3 weeks ago and Im taking a multivitamin. Does pregnacare alleviate the need for folic acid or anything else?

So exciting that everyone here is in the same boat :)

I think it will depend on your family history and if you had been taking it before you conceived ... I am taking pregnacare and folic acid due to one instance of spina bifida in my family thirty years ago. Maybe my doctor was just being cautious but I see no harm in taking both if possible.

• Advertisement

Hi All,

No one has mentioned this yet but im just wondering has anyone noticed their moods change abit?

I suppose Im wondering is it normal due to hormones or is it too early yet and am I just being b**ch every now and then?

Its not a regular thing but over the last few days Im finding there have been one or two minor annoyances that are upsetting me more than I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Hi All,

No one has mentioned this yet but im just wondering has anyone noticed their moods change abit?

I suppose Im wondering is it normal due to hormones or is it too early yet and am I just being b**ch every now and then?

Its not a regular thing but over the last few days Im finding there have been one or two minor annoyances that are upsetting me more than I would have thought.

Excited! - Yes, I am quite weepy and needy actually. I think thats partly because I am tired and nauseous all the time though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cynthia12

Hi all,

I havn't noticed my moods changing yet but I am just over 5 weeks so perhaps too soon.

No sign of nausea yet for me either!

This eve I got a few darts of pain on my right hand side (where my rib cage is)has anyone experienced this? just wondering if is pregnancy related...

it could be totally unrelated

Are any of you exercising e.g. walking.

I hadn't walked in ages so decided not to start these few weeks in case anything happened (if had been walking and fit would but don't want to risk anything) Think will start when or if I reach the 12/13 week mark

Any opinions on this?

closifer wrote: »
    Excited! - Yes, I am quite weepy and needy actually. I think thats partly because I am tired and nauseous all the time though!!

Thank god its not just me!! Its only actually happened to me twice that ive been close to tears and i have to tell myself to get a grip and it is only when im really tired usually at work, i work 24hr shifts and im really feeling it!

Cynthia : I have started exercising, when i say exercising i actually mean going for gentle walks so im not at all exerting myself :o. I hope to introduce swimming a couple of times a week. I wouldnt be fit so like you i want to take my time getting into it.

Ive looked into pregnancy yoga and spoke to the instructor who said its fine to do from 12-14 weeks onwards. I have a pregnant workmate who is doing it and says it been great, they do physical exercise and also breathing techniques etc so im actually really looking forward to starting it.

hope thats of some help

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlows

Hi All,

I've noticed a big change it my moods, the littlest things are bothering me. My husband said he knew i was pregnant before we did a test because of my mood swings (I didn't realise i was that bad!)
    Anyway i hope ye are all well. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. Still have to make my GP appointment and book in for a scan. Feeling nausea this morning for the first time. If i can remember correctly the morning sickness on my other 2 pregnancies started bang on 6 weeks-wohoo.........not!

Good Morning :)

My moods are all over the place, I feel happy then sad then worried then excited then cross at everyone ... I'm in a glass case of emotion! I'm under pressure with college and I've been diagnosed with alopecia so it's all connected I assume. Hopefully it'll settle down soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭justaskin likeyakno

Hi,
    I just found out i'm pregnant and in total shock as it hasn't been easy....SIX YEARS:eek:
    Last period date was 21 March and according to an online calculator i'm five weeks gone and due December 28th..ish:D

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT

Hi,
    I just found out i'm pregnant and in total shock as it hasn't been easy....SIX YEARS:eek:

That's amazing news :), Congratulations & Welcome!

Hi,
    Last period date was 21 March and according to an online calculator i'm five weeks gone and due December 28th..ish:D

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT

Congratulations!!!:D Thats wonderful news! Welcome to the group !! :)

Carlows & Filma: thanks so much for sharing about the moods, you've no idea how much better it feels to know that im not the only one! I was starting to think i was going crazy because of the little things that almost have me in tears or fit to kill someone!!

Fairie wrote: »

Hi Fairie,

How did your scan go? was you due date adjusted?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Hi all,

I have been following this new thread in between everything else. I too am due dec 2013, my estimated date is the 16th. I have a 9 month old baby boy already and followed one of these treads all the way through that pregnancy and its was great!

Had a bit of a tough week as the baby has had a gastro bug and been sick / up all night all week and trying to work is not easy!

Hope your all feeling well, and hopefully I can pass on some of my very recent info/experiences and learn some new stuff too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hbelle

Hi all.. Congratulations to you all too. It is great news. I am 4 weeks pregnant and due on 31st December. This is our 2nd pregnancy. Unfortunately I fell pregnant last year and mc at 9 weeks. So we are excited about this, but also very nervous! I have requested an early scan which I have on 11th may...

I too have very sore breasts and I'm very tired in the evenings.. I'm not complaining... I'm so glad this thread is here, as we cannot talk to anyone about it... We all have something in common..

I started taking pregnacare for pregnancy over a week ago. My doctor has said there is sufficient folic acid in this.

Looking forward to being part of this thread and hearing all your experiences. :)

Hbelle wrote: »
    Hi all.. Congratulations to you all too. It is great news. I am 4 weeks pregnant and due on 31st December. This is our 2nd pregnancy. Unfortunately I fell pregnant last year and mc at 9 weeks. So we are excited about this, but also very nervous! I have requested an early scan which I have on 11th may...

I too have very sore breasts and I'm very tired in the evenings.. I'm not complaining... I'm so glad this thread is here, as we cannot talk to anyone about it... We all have something in common..

I started taking pregnacare for pregnancy over a week ago. My doctor has said there is sufficient folic acid in this.

Looking forward to being part of this thread and hearing all your experiences. :)

Hi Hbelle

Welcome and congratulations :)
    Your right, we do all have something in common not being able to share such big news with our friends and family and i think this thread is wonderful for that reason.

KIWI:
    Sounds like you have had some week!! Hope the baby is alot better now and you can catch up on some rest. I think you are great doing all that, im finding it hard enough dealing with being so so tired and just working! Although i dont like to complain as im so glad to be preggers!

A question for you all.......
    When i had my appt with the GP she didnt weigh me, take blood pressure she didnt do any kind of examination at all actually, she seemed very laid back and said come back in 6 weeks. She did send me for blood tests but that was becuase of the type of work i do re immunisation etc.

Just wondering how did the rest of you get on at the GP visit. I just would have thought she would have done blood pressure at least esp since im a couple of stone overweight ??

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hbelle

Thanks excited.

Well my doctor just did a pregnancy test, to confirm I was pregnant. She also took bloods and sent them off.. From what I recall the 1st time round, I didn't get my bp checked either.. I have to say my doctor is very good, so it's probably not necessary...

Also another symptom I have which I forgot to mention, is I have a touch of constipation... But this might be from pregnacare! So I take prune juice twice daily...

Kiwi; congrats on your 2nd... It great to have them close together when you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Hello everyone ;) Congratulations to all on here - I've been following this thread for the past couple of weeks since I found out - I am 6 weeks tomorrow, so I am due 18th December with my 1st! Is the most exciting thing ever but am also filled with nerves / caution at the same time! At the moment I've told my mum, dad and sister but no friends or anyone - 12 wks seems such a long time away!

Anyway, just wanted to say Hello to everyone!!

Hello everyone ;) Congratulations to all on here - I've been following this thread for the past couple of weeks since I found out - I am 6 weeks tomorrow, so I am due 18th December with my 1st! Is the most exciting thing ever but am also filled with nerves / caution at the same time! At the moment I've told my mum, dad and sister but no friends or anyone - 12 wks seems such a long time away!

Anyway, just wanted to say Hello to everyone!!

Hi Afternoon tea

Congratulations and welcome!!

I know its such an exciting time, and your right 12 weeks does seem so far away! Im just 7 weeks now and we still havent told anyone (except one workmate who guessed) its killing me not telling my parents and sisters but im too nervous to tell anyone yet, i cant wait to get to the 12 week mark!!

Have a 10 week scan booked and i just cant wait for it, will feel so much better when i see a little heartbeat!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Thanks for the welcome! It's so nice to have someone to talk to about it!!
    I figured though if anything did happen then I'd tell my mum and sister anyway so it did no harm, I don't think I could manage to tell NO-ONE until 12 weeks, I think I'd burst! Time just seems to go so slow doesn't it? I had booked an early date scan for 8 weeks (you can have them from 6 apparently!) but I'm thinking of moving this to week 7 as I just want to know that all is ok. I am probably best being patient and waiting as long as I can though! Wow It'll be amazing seeing a heartbeat - so so special!

Excited - is this your first? Have you been having any symptoms? Have mega sore boobs (I have to hold them when I take my bra off they hurt so much!) and basically feel nauseous all day, I feel like I'm eating like I've a hangover - bread, pasta, crisps, choc - all the things I probably shouldn't be eating!!!!

Hi Fairie,

How did your scan go? was you due date adjusted?:)

Hi Excited

Sorry only replying to you now. Scan went great baba is due 10th December :) how are you feeling? My lovely ms is still here and the tiredness has really kicked in (dd is teething which isn't helping with the sleeping) but other than that all good!:)

Congratulations and welcome to all the new mammy's to be. I haven't been on in a couple of days just reading through everyone's post now. Hope everyone is keeping well :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the welcome! It's so nice to have someone to talk to about it!!
    I figured though if anything did happen then I'd tell my mum and sister anyway so it did no harm, I don't think I could manage to tell NO-ONE until 12 weeks, I think I'd burst! Time just seems to go so slow doesn't it? I had booked an early date scan for 8 weeks (you can have them from 6 apparently!) but I'm thinking of moving this to week 7 as I just want to know that all is ok. I am probably best being patient and waiting as long as I can though! Wow It'll be amazing seeing a heartbeat - so so special!

Excited - is this your first? Have you been having any symptoms? Have mega sore boobs (I have to hold them when I take my bra off they hurt so much!) and basically feel nauseous all day, I feel like I'm eating like I've a hangover - bread, pasta, crisps, choc - all the things I probably shouldn't be eating!!!!

Hi Afternoon tea,

Yeah this is my first and its just so surreal, Im so excited about it but trying to keep myself in check for another few weeks, Im 7 weeks now and just found out 2 weeks ago and time seems to be going so slow...because i just want to be at 13 or 14 weeks...although illl be happy when i see my little peanut's heartbeat at my scan at week 10.

Yeah i've been haveing symptoms like severe tiredness was the first thing and is still here, Boobs are the very same as yours very tender and then when i take off my bra i get a shock coz its just so sore i have to hols them too! Im eating alot of bland things that ive never had much interest in before like cream crackers, plain bread, i actually had just noodles without any sauce or taste etc today. Im not nauseous everyday or even to a pattern, a couple of days ive been nauseous first thing when i wake and have to run and brush my teeth or it'll set me off but i havent actually been physically sick yet....have you??? Ive also had this yucky feeling in the bottom of my tummy similar to before i got my period but i read that this can be due to the extra blood flow to the area so that kept me happy about that.

This might sound crazy but i like having symptoms because it reminds me that its real, because i still quite cant believe its happened. I just cant wait to have my little baby in my arms!! I have no patience!

I can understand you wanting to move the scan forward to know everything is ok, i just made mine for week 10 coz the doctor told me to wait til then, i didnt realise you could have it done as early as 6.

Yes just think its so good to be able to talk to othwe women here, im trying to convince my hubby to chat to other dads to be in the fathers thread but it doesnt seem to be as active as this but i think its good for them also to be able to share

Advertisement