Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't Understand What's Happened Over An Infraction

Options
  • 04-10-2015 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

I received a message from a mod telling me I had received an infraction for a message I posted in After Hours. When I went back and looked at the message it had a red card next to it and if I hovered my mouse over it it said I had received an infraction.

I replied to the mod saying that I felt I was being singled out as that thread was full of very similar comments which directly contravened the rule I was supposed to have broken, from the very first page and on almost every page up until page 12 where I commented, which hadn't received any infraction. I also reported each similar post and then contacted the mod again to say I had done so to provide evidence that I had not been alone and had thought, because no-one else had been called up on the issue, that it was OK to post a similar joke.

Now when I check my private messages the original message from the mod is gone and when I check the thread my message which received the infraction no longer has a red card next to it.

I understand the reasoning for why I was given an infraction, even if I don't agree with it as I felt my joke was taken badly rather than how it was meant. What I didn't particularly like was that other users had posted loads of similar jokes and hadn't received infractions and had they done so I would have been forewarned not to do the same myself. It is also something that, now I understand what it not acceptable, I won't be repeating.

However, I am completely confused as to what is going on regarding the original private message having gone missing and the red card seemingly disappeared.

The thread is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057500210

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there.
    The infraction is still in place. Unfortunately the site is experiencing technical issues at the moment & this is causing some posts & PMs to display incorrectly.
    I shall look into this when the issues have been resolved so I can get a full picture of the circumstances.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Hi there.
    The infraction is still in place. Unfortunately the site is experiencing technical issues at the moment & this is causing some posts & PMs to display incorrectly.
    I shall look into this when the issues have been resolved so I can get a full picture of the circumstances.

tHB

OK, thank-you. However, please understand that I am not happy that my comment received an infraction when many comments of the same nature, and even more graphic, received nothing. I feel the rule should be applied equally or not at all otherwise it means there is a singling out of specific users (in this case, me).

Hi there.

Can you please contact the mod via PM about this matter. I understand that it was still under discussion when you started this appeal.

Thanks,

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

I already have but was told it would be dealt with once Boards started working properly again. It would appear that has happened so I am waiting to hear back from the mod.

It was brought to my attention that this appeal was still open. However, as the infraction has since been reversed, this may now be closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement