Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you men get your hair cut in a salon.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

awec wrote: »
    Sure is, at least for me.

I like my hair, so I'm picky.

You might not mind but that's doesn't mean its worth the price for the difference between what they can do and what any decent hairdresser can with a scissors. I prefer the salon myself but I cant justify paying 20/30 quid extra because of the name above the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Finding a good stylist is a huge weight off the shoulders. Think about how many times you've been let down by inconsistent haircuts. If like me, you tend to have medium length messy style hair you are better to invest in a stylist over your run of the mill barber.

The key is to find a good one and that's trial and error unfortunately. About 5 months ago I found an American bloke who came from a family of hairdressers and had years of experience in Atlanta before moving to Prague and opened his own salon. This background info was important and pointed towards good stock. Always do a bit of research on a new stylist and look at his testimonies.

Now this guy has turned out to be a revelation and most important of all he is not one of these get you in and out as quick as possible merchants. That used to boil my piss about a lot of guys. He gradually works through the cut and assesses it as we go. That way you don't end up scalped which can often happen with a disinterested stylist.

At the end of the cut once I am satisfied he takes some photos on his Ipad and uses it as a reference point for next time as well as being a client database of sorts.

This sort of attention to detail is worth the extra money. He charges 500kc which converted to euros is 20 quid. Expensive by Prague standards but always safe in the knowledge that it will be a job well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I would, just wouldn't know what to ask for :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Go to a barber myself - costs €15 plus tip once a month (blade 3 back n sides with scissors on top)

Have tried several others over the years as I've moved around but still end up going back to the same place

This thing of head massages, newspaper and coffee does sound nice though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When I had hair, I'd just go to the same barbers on North Earls Street every month (Just Cuts?).

Even though the local place would be cheaper, and I wouldn't need to get a bus to the local place, the local place wouldn't always be open, or would just f**k up anything bar "short back and sides"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 geeko

Depending on your style, on the hairdresser. Just like barbers, there is good and bad stylists.
    But a good hairdresser wont cut your hair as good as a good barber. Mens hair isn't there strong point.

Advertisement