Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post bad driving that you have witnessed

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Last Saturday night coming along the N25 was about to take the exit for Cobh, from a distance I see a car near the exit with his hazards on and reverse lights on. Also about 200 yards before the exit was another car in the hard shoulder with hazards on. I figured the guy near the exit would be one of these people who have missed their exit and rather than going to the next junction and coming back, had decided to chance their arm and reverse back to take the road. As we approached (girlfriend was driving) I realised this ejit was actually in the middle of the sliplane. Not pulled over in the hard shoulder but right in the middle of the lane. So much that it caused my girlfriend to come to a complete stop behind him. After realising we were behind him he puts the car into forward gear and moves into the shoulder. It wasnt my place but as we passed I pushed the horn button much to my girlfriends annoyance!
    If I were driving I would have probably pulled over and had words.. I was livid that someone could be that unbelievably thick. It was quite clear that he wasnt broken down as he was moving backwards down the slip lane. The only other thing I can think what he was doing was reversing back to the other car whose had pulled over back up the dualer, rather than pulling over and walking back to give assistance. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

This morning walking down the Adelaide road, I spotted someone reversing into the last positioned car spot on the side of the road. Nothing in front of this spot so the driver had plenty of room to manoeuvre. I wasn't really paying that much attention to it until I heard a bang and saw the alarm was going off on the jeep in the spot behind the driver. I thought "oh, they reversed into the car. How is that possible with all that room. And it's a Jeep. You're not going to miss that in your rear view mirror".

Anyhow, it wasn't until I got closer that I realised that they hit the jeep so hard they pushed it to the curb, bent the jeep's bumper and tail gate also had damage. The car's boot was totally smashed in, like a v. They must have planted the accelerator to do that much damage. One of the maddest things I've seen this week.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Did you leave a note DBK?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Didn't have anything to write on. I waited at the scene till someone else came and went in to get the porter at the hospital. When the porter came out I had to leave, but the car was still there 3 hours later when I was passing by that way again. There was no way the driver of the jeep wouldn't have noticed as the jeep was moved onto the curb and the alarm was screaming.

Advertisement