Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westwood Gym Prices

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Thats just salesmans ship really, however this whole notion of a joining fee is bull. I am going to charge you for the oppertunity for you to give me money...rubbish. Turn it round on them and say, look buddy, I aint paying any joining fee but I will give you the first 3 months up front and then a DD from there or the likes. These sales people are under pressure to convert new members every month, go in at the end of the month and things might be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

This works in most places but not in ww. The only way around he joining fee is to pay the year upfront

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Am considering UCD. Went there this morning. Got the plamas about joining fee only reduced for today - "Had to speak to the manager about it. He said, not a day longer!".

Got a free pass to UCD today. We went for a swim. Have to say the pool is fabulous. Annual fee for the two of us would be €1299 plus €39 joining fee.

If you pay monthly by DD, it's €115 for the two of us, plus the joining fee. But, you can freeze membership during the year with two weeks notice. So, you could freeze it for, for example, June, July, August, and switch it on again in September.

Been looking at the West Wood website. Amazing they don't have a shot of the pool in the Gallery of images - very strange. What's the pool like? I've never been there.

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

If you are just planning to use UCD at weekends it can be quiet enough which is great. Can be insanely busy in the evenings during the week however. It's a very small space for just a large user population: students, staff and private members.

The pool is a fantastic resource though and if you are mainly using the pool it's probably a good choice.

Advertisement