Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fargo [FX/Channel 4] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Definitely worth watching.
    Although I think I've figured out that Lester is Malvo. Two sides of the same coin.

I see that going around a bit but
    The deputy clearly says the woman in the hospital saw Lester talking to someone else about Sam Hess, a creepy or intense guy

edit and also:
    Malvo visits Hess' business

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭brevity

Didn't think I'd get into this but it definitely won me around. Moved at a nice pace, good character development and set a good tone for the series. Great acting all round as well.

Was
    a bit sad to see the head of police get killed as I thought him and the female detective worked well together but I know the focus needed to be on a female detective so I guess it's fine

Enjoyed the scene between
    the Traffic Cop and Thornton as well...added a nice bit of tension and showed a bit of depth to Thornton's character.

Looking forward to the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,290 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It is now been shown weekly on Netflix Holland if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I thought Martin Freeman really didn't nail the Minnesotan accent, enjoyable enough, not amazing. Early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good god.. this was just brilliant!

Just didn't disappoint in the slightest.

Billy Bob Thornton is fantastic in it.. it's so long since I've seen him in anything that I've forgetton how much of a capable actor he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Birneybau wrote: »
    I thought Martin Freeman really didn't nail the Minnesotan accent, enjoyable enough, not amazing. Early days.

As I work with them on a daily basis I think he did alright. Great opening episode, but is it meant to be based on the movie though, did I read somewhere that it will be its own separate entity?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mc Love wrote: »
    As I work with them on a daily basis I think he did alright. Great opening episode, but is it meant to be based on the movie though, did I read somewhere that it will be its own separate entity?

Already is. Although it has very strong overtones of the movie, the storyline is already a different one to the film.

I adore the film so was wary of watching this but have to say I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Some funny hair pieces, but on the whole it was a cracking watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

BBT is a great actor, he carries the role perfectly tbh. Such a bad santa too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Some nice little backround references to Coen's films, like the bar doing a special offer on White Russians

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

who many episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Favourite show at the moment, actually counting down the days until the next episode

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That was great. Didn't really know what to expect. Can't wait for next week now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

"Because maps used to say there be dragons here, now they don't, but that don't mean the dragons aren't there"

What a brilliant line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Excellent new show. On my to watch list now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Not getting the love for this. Tries too hard to be quirky but it doesn't work. Martin Freeman is badly cast, Kate Walsh looks like she's taking the piss, not Billy Bobs finest hour either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Not getting the love for this. Tries too hard to be quirky but it doesn't work. Martin Freeman is badly cast, Kate Walsh looks like she's taking the piss, not Billy Bobs finest hour either.

There's always one, you must be very difficult to please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Was fearing the worst but wow its pretty good.
    BBT is amazing.
    I am not a fan of Freeman at all but between this and Sherlock he is not half bad.

His effort of sounding like william h macy is acceptable enough (could maybe ease up on the heck's)

Apart from that, a very good show , looking forward to next episode.

patmac wrote: »
    There's always one, you must be very difficult to please.

Oh dear, I appear to have upset delicate Lester Nygard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"Highly irregular is the time I found a human foot in a toaster oven. This is just odd!"

:D

Another great second episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I really don't understand the hyperbole spouted here about it. A lot of quirk for quirk's sake. Not great at all, almost "Lillyhammer"-esque.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Caught the first couple of episodes of this last night. Really enjoyed it so I'm on board for another eight.
    I'm curious though as to why the cops didn't find Lester's bagged up bloody clothes at the house after they went through it forensically?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

and the fact that he has a gunshot pellet wound in his hand totally blows his story of being down stairs unconscious when the cop was killed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Oh dear, I appear to have upset delicate Lester Nygard.
    Remember what happened to his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I'm really enjoying this, bbts character is the real draw tho every scene he's in has you on the edge of your seat. Even tho its dealing with some serious issues its very light hearted and doesn't apologize for that which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Episode 2: They removed the plopping sound from Billy Bob on the loo!!

I'm still on the fence, but it's not awful or anything like that.. maybe it's the attachment to the movie that weirds me out, like if it has nothing to do with it (plot or continuity of the characters-wise) other than the Coens co-exec producing and some odd nods to the film here and there, why not just call it something else? Or at least not market it to the contrary. Obviously, the comparisons will be inevitable. I mean, even for a Freeman fan here, it still feels like he's doing his best Bill H Macy impression. Billy bob, while a great actor here, his character is a bit too Chigurh of the mid-west to be compelling or considered original.

Oh well, still looking forward for next week though!

patmac wrote: »
    Remember what happened to his wife.

Her washing machine was acting up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

camz09 wrote: »
    I'm still on the fence, but it's not awful or anything like that.. maybe it's the attachment to the movie that weirds me out, like if it has nothing to do with it (plot or continuity of the characters-wise) other than the Coens co-exec producing and some odd nods to the film here and there, why not just call it something else? Or at least not market it to the contrary. Obviously, the comparisons will be inevitable. I mean, even for a Freeman fan here, it still feels like he's doing his best Bill H Macy impression. Billy bob, while a great actor here, his character is a bit too Chigurh of the mid-west to be compelling or considered original.

I'm kinda with you on this. It's ok but I really feel like I'm waiting for it to kick off properly. Billy Bob is easily the best thing about it but some of the characters really feel like Coen Bros Lite, like they're trying hard to replicate that Coen Brothers sensibility but falling just short.

It's by no means awful and I'm going to keep watching it but I suppose it has high standards to live up to.

There's loads of little references to a variety of Coens movies throughout which are fun to spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

The last scene of episode 2. Surely on of the worst ways I could think of to die?

Didnt like episode 2 as much as the first, but it was still good. I'm not sure about Martin Freeman yet. I like the guy, but his character and the way he plays it is just too easy to compare to William H Macy, and he doesnt stand a chance in that regard.

Advertisement