Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

I never saw this Sivern fight but talk of it being a easy fight is harsh as all these guys can have their day every dog has his day and these guys can catch anybody with a punch or fluke kick to the jaw and its lights out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Who Cares what people say about his wrestling.

Its called MIXED martial arts, you can use whatever you like to win a fight, that's all that matters in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

yeah its dissapointing he is only fighting siver who only got a decision win on the stockholm undercard last month! UFC are dyin to feed conor - he wants to fight and the want him to fight - but let him build up! Like dana is right there is very few fighters that are like him and they know he is gold - even if you dont like him you will buy to see him go down - and cheer him on if you like him!

Bad booking as i would have gone with bermudez mcgregor cos that would have been epicness!! Also a bit pissed they wouldnt put the fight around paddys day in vegas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I never saw this Sivern fight but talk of it being a easy fight is harsh as all these guys can have their day every dog has his day and these guys can catch anybody with a punch or fluke kick to the jaw and its lights out.

It could happen but it will not, Conor is in a different league to Siver, if he's gonna have another fight before a title shot there is no way that Zuffa would risk him losing.
    The fight is on Fox, which is terrestrial TV, it gives them an audience of millions who wouldn't normally buy a PPV, so by feeding him Siver his stock will only rise, then when he fights for title on a PPV they've hooked god knows how many more from the Fox show

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Doubs wrote: »
    So disappointed in this matchmaking. We're not going to learn anything about Conor, it won't improve his ranking, so just seems like a waste of time.

I'm a supporter of Conor so on the face of it I'm thinking I should be happy because (in my opinion) it's an easy fight for him, but at the same time I really didn't want to believe the stuff about the UFC handpicking his opponents, and I want to see him tested so the critics of his wrestling can be quietened. This fight pretty much confirms they've avoided wrestlers when choosing his opponents - they were talking about giving him a title shot and instead they give him someone who isn't even ranked? As I said in my earlier post, were plenty better options available.

UFC protecting their cash cow ahead of a potential stadium in Ireland during the Summer anyone?

Hes ranked 10th somehow, But i agree they are hand picking the opponents to suit his style. Could have easily given him the winner of Cub/Edgar, Bermudez/Lamas or even Lentz but they went with this. Not really sure how they could justify giving him the title shot after it but stranger things have happened if he does end up getting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

"Live" Q&A. It's not streaming yet but says "Starting Soon..."

MagicIRL wrote: »

"Live" Q&A. It's not streaming yet but says "Starting Soon..."

Its been on for a bit - http://uk.ufc.com/media/ufc-179-weigh-in

I actually hate the Brazilian fans there all morons. This Q&A is quite annoying because nobody speaks English, there all ripping into Conor. Hes nearly hated as much as Chael by the sounds of things, or its most likely the Brazilians mentality of hating anything thats not Brazilian.

EDIT - Its getting a bit out of hand now there talking about his mother and father hes not impressed atall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Hostile crowd, can't have been unexpected though really.

Edit: Who thought just having Conor for the Q&A was a good idea?

Hostile crowd, can't have been unexpected though really.

Edit: Who thought just having Conor for the Q&A was a good idea?

Would have been hostile to anyone who isnt Brazilian id imagine but they seem really riled up, first time iv seen someone get to Conor when they were talkign about his parents. Really annoying there not translating the questions to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

ASOT wrote: »
    Would have been hostile to anyone who isnt Brazilian id imagine but they seem really riled up, first time iv seen someone get to Conor when they were talkign about his parents. Really annoying there not translating the questions to us.

That translator seems like he wants to be elsewhere. Also the microphones look likes hostages in the crowd.

• Advertisement

That translator seems like he wants to be elsewhere. Also the microphones look likes hostages in the crowd.

Yeah the translator looks nervous as ****, Chael #2 reception right here. The Brazilians love there boos :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

This is pathetic from Brazilian fans, they give it and go nuts when their fighters win etc but cannot take abuse in the slightest, when it comes back their way.

Hate to think the reception they would give Weidmann

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Very intense, the Brazilian crowd is....different. Also, it'd help if the translator translated the Qs out loud. Very messy.

unknown13 wrote: »
    This is pathetic from Brazilian fans, they give it and go nuts when their fighters all they want but cannot take abuse in the slightest, when it comes back their way.

Yeah the minute he gives anythign back to them they bark, scream & boo then get personal with the abuse. Terrible fans imho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

How anyone can watch that is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 GreenwayM

IMHO - a bit much . . .

Might be OK for International Audience but we, Irish, don't like that brashness . . .

Hope I don't get kicked out for that little bit of feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

"Conor bless you" *Strolls of waving like a king. His charisma and sheer non-fúck-givery is a sight to behold!

Glad they lost to Germany now in the World Cup and I was feeling sorry for them lol.

Weirdest Q&A in a long time overall, really needed to translate the questions to, dropped the ball big time.

Conor saying 'talk is cheap'...Oh the irony. This isn't very enjoyable, I'm enjoying how little Conor gives a fcuk though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Conor saying 'talk is cheap'...Oh the irony. This isn't very enjoyable, I'm enjoying how little Conor gives a fcuk though.

Conor can say that, since he has been backing it up.

Conor can say that, since he has been backing it up.

Conor could probably blow up a building full of orphans and people would find a way of justifying it though. I found it funny that he said that.

If they hate him so much they will pay PPV to see him.He is probably not seeing people and just seeing euro signs dancing up and down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Really shameful behaviour from the Brazilians. Acting like a pack of wld dogs.

Nice to see that McGregor was up to it though. I thought he handled them very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Just watched the Q&A...WTF?

Just a bunch of people randomly shouting and cheering, stream breaking up, random groups of people with microphones in the crowd and there seemed to be about 5 or 6 different conversations in Portuguese going on at the same time.

So badly organized it was just a complete mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Conor could probably blow up a building full of orphans and people would find a way of justifying it though. I found it funny that he said that.

here anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Aldo was worried when he didnt make weight there. Had to drop the shorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Well that was a cluster****, absolute mess and Connor looked agitated.

Looks like the crowd was still worked up after it :pac:

B0vXLTHIQAAXn8C.jpg

• Advertisement

Heres the Q&A for anyone who missed it.

Also heres his media scrum after it, hes fairly confident of getting a title shot in a stadium here, Helwani asked him was this one of his visions or has he been told something behind the scenes and he replied hes not sure if hes mixing up reality or his visions, so fairly cryptic.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/10/24/7065285/conor-mcgregor-ufc-179-scrum-video

And lastly heres the weigh ins!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement