Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

T-K-O wrote: »
    The favella's are no joke but that was funny. :D

Awh stop its the last place id ever want to go in my life, Conors tone completely changed when he said he knew were it was, the dub in him just jumped out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

ASOT wrote: »
    Awh stop its the last place id ever want to go in my life, Conors tone completely changed when he said he knew were it was, the dub in him just jumped out :pac:

I've been. A very interesting and eye opening experience. He was taking the piss, or at least I hope he was.

T-K-O wrote: »
    I've been. A very interesting and eye opening experience. He was taking the piss, or at least I hope he was.

Was it good yeah? Id love to go it just doesnt seem sensible :pac: I dont know when he says he knows were it is Conor sort of snaps out of his showman voice. Sounds serious to me anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

ASOT wrote: »
    Was it good yeah? Id love to go it just doesnt seem sensible :pac: I dont know when he says he knows were it is Conor sort of snaps out of his showman voice. Sounds serious to me anyways.

Your post is the only thing that doesn't make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

Looks like the Siver fight is a lock, huge Conor fan but I'm a disappointed in this matchmaking - Jack Slack pretty much summed up my thoughts over on reddit so I'll just quote them here:
    Bermudez and Lamas will fight in 3 weeks. Saving an exceptionally long medical suspension, there's no reason the winner couldn't fight McGregor in January or February in a legitimate title eliminator.

I bet either would leap at the chance to fight him.

Elkins fights Saturday and could easily make a January or February match.

Nick Lentz is free and could fight him tomorrow.

Hell if we're going for an honest tune up, Clay Guida isn't booked to fight.

There are guys who would challenge his wrestling that are ranked both above and below Silver, Lentz has even been calling him out on twitter. Conor will destroy him in the first round. Nice purse for Conor though, and gives him a few more months to improve his game further before facing one of the division true big boys in terms of wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Conors ready to fight now and going by his last 2 fights he be able to fight again in January

adamski8 wrote: »
    Your post is the only thing that doesn't make sense!

What i ment was when he asked about the favella and the driver said he knew were it was his accent changed from his americanised one that makes him widely more understandable to a typical dub voice were he seemed to be fairly serious about asking to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,550 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Conor said when jose wins, he's gonna hop in the cage and cause chaos. I don't think Dana will allow it anyway and will be highly stupid if he's left in there. Whoever wins will be high on adrenaline and something would definitely kick off.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Conor said when jose wins, he's gonna hop in the cage and cause chaos. I don't think Dana will allow it anyway and will be highly stupid if he's left in there. Whoever wins will be high on adrenaline and something would definitely kick off.

If he gets in the cage im 100000% sure something like this will happen.

Yupp and dana gave out about Strikeforce allowing that to happen. Saying that, if something like that happened, Dana knows the publicity would be crazy.

• Advertisement

Yupp and dana gave out about Strikeforce allowing that to happen. Saying that, if something like that happened, Dana knows the publicity would be crazy.

Yeah i just watched his interview on it in the related videos, also said he loved Jake Shields and he was a good kid etc, oh how times have changed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,122 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They brought challangers into the cage after fights before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

I doubt that will happen. Conor wouldn't risk destroying one of his famous suits!

Also for many other reasons.

Yeah i doubt he'll go in but if the winner calls him out and talks shyte, id say he'd hop straight in.

Mellor wrote: »
    They brought challangers t's into the cage after fights before

Yep and Bellator done it in the cringiest way possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

Standman wrote: »
    I'm not a Mcgregor hater by any stretch. Delighted he's so successful and can't wait to see his future fights. He's an exciting fighter but Jesus, his persona is getting progressively more annoying.

Please go away ghost face

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I want to ****, I want to fight Chuck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Confirmed on ufc twitter now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Can't say I'm delighted with that, happy he's fighting but not happy with Siver. Would have preferred Lentz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

srumball wrote: »
    To be honest I don't really like the way he slags everyone. It's getting a bit old.

At home I am a nice guy: but I don’t want the world to know. Humble people, I’ve found, don’t get very far.

-Muhammad Ali

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

MagicIRL wrote: »

Siver is absolutely made for him, FFS he's going to smash the balls out of him without a challenge, totally set up to give the Irish/Americans a good night

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

cowzerp wrote: »
    Siver is absolutely made for him, FFS he's going to smash the balls out of him without a challenge, totally set up to give the Irish/Americans a good night

Exactly this, he will destroy the 'german midget' (Quoting conor so can't get a yellow ;) ), this is win win for UFC, they put their golden goose on a Fox card, bringing him to a much bigger audience, without much risk, and he stays active

scudzilla wrote: »
    Exactly this, he will destroy the 'german midget' (Quoting conor so can't get a yellow ;) ), this is win win for UFC, they put their golden goose on a Fox card, bringing him to a much bigger audience, without much risk, and he stays active

You forgot to quote the 'steroid head' part ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

adamski8 wrote: »
    You forgot to quote the 'steroid head' part ;p

Felt like that would be pushing the boundaries of fighter bashing, conor quote or not :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If Conor wins this and gets his title shot, id say it will be on the card thats at the end of May, or the big one at the start of July

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Is it a numbered event?

So disappointed in this matchmaking. We're not going to learn anything about Conor, it won't improve his ranking, so just seems like a waste of time.

I'm a supporter of Conor so on the face of it I'm thinking I should be happy because (in my opinion) it's an easy fight for him, but at the same time I really didn't want to believe the stuff about the UFC handpicking his opponents, and I want to see him tested so the critics of his wrestling can be quietened. This fight pretty much confirms they've avoided wrestlers when choosing his opponents - they were talking about giving him a title shot and instead they give him someone who isn't even ranked? As I said in my earlier post, were plenty better options available.

UFC protecting their cash cow ahead of a potential stadium in Ireland during the Summer anyone?

• Advertisement

califano wrote: »
    Is it a numbered event?

They are all numbered in their own way, this isn't one of the big (usually PPV) shows though. Will be free to air broadcast on Fox

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement