Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Battlefield Videos and Pictures here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

My first video.

I go dog-tag hunting a lot and have come up with a nice technique to get my knife kills.

I find using the recon class with spawn beacon and motion sensor to be the best combo. I still take out enemies from a distance when I think it's safe to do so.

I am going to make more videos over the coming weeks.

BF3 Dog Tag Hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

I had a great night last night playing, so I quickly put a video together

Saw this on reddit, very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

what do you all use to record bf3 in-game.

Iv used fraps but the size of the files do be 3.4g for around a min.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Render them down using something like Sony Vegas.

il give it a try cheers for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Yeah you can just render them down after recording but if you find yourself recording alot of footage bandicam isnt too bad and it converts the footage on the fly so you can record alot more without filling up your harddrive

just wondering what fps are you recording in.

havent done much recording with BF3 yet but my settings are set at 30fps. Gives a nice smooth video. Your not going to see much benefit going with 50fps 60fps options when compared to finished file sizes and actual gameplay fps drops. Though if you have the hdd space and your computer is beefy enough to be able to handle it without fps drops during gameplay go with the 60fps option

• Advertisement

In fraps 30fps

Save it to a drive other than C.

Get Virtualdub and install the xvid codec. Under compression select Xvid and 1 to 1 conversion.

Open the AVI in vdub cut out the pieces you dont want. Save As and it will encode it to around 20% the filesize.

I use the above cos they are free and i have a lifetime licence for fraps.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    In fraps 30fps

Save it to a drive other than C.

Get Virtualdub and install the xvid codec. Under compression select Xvid and 1 to 1 conversion.

Open the AVI in vdub cut out the pieces you dont want. Save As and it will encode it to around 20% the filesize.

I use the above cos they are free and i have a lifetime licence for fraps.

Nice one for the help.

Id prefer to run at 60fps when using fraps, when playing i get 100fps on ultra so i should be able to handle it and anything below 60 fills laggy when turning and aiming. Iv also saved the file to D drive away from the game install.

The main problem was the size so hoping i can get over all file size down using some a the above mentioned programs.

Another question if you don't mind, how big are the files aloud to be when uploading to you tube never done it before :D

Nice one for the help.

Id prefer to run at 60fps when using fraps, when playing i get 100fps on ultra so i should be able to handle it and anything below 60 fills laggy when turning and aiming. Iv also saved the file to D drive away from the game install.

The main problem was the size so hoping i can get over all file size down using some a the above mentioned programs.

Another question if you don't mind, how big are the files aloud to be when uploading to you tube never done it before :D

15 minutes is the limit for youtube.

The output is 30fps, you can try both 30 and 60. I dont notice much of a difference as the 30fps is the outputs FPS not your ingame FPS.

Vdub and xvid will make the filesize much smaller, you can then delete the fraps video.

Using Virtual Dub i was able to drop a 3.4gb file to less than 200mb for a min of video.

So that would work out at 3gb for 15 mins give our take, so should be well inside you tube terms and conditions.

Just wondering using Virtual Dub can u change the audio for a song ??

P.s. Thanks for all the help

think you may have to use video editing software such as sony vegas or windows movie maker after converting the footage with virtual dub to put in music and that

Using Virtual Dub i was able to drop a 3.4gb file to less than 200mb for a min of video.

So that would work out at 3gb for 15 mins give our take, so should be well inside you tube terms and conditions.

Just wondering using Virtual Dub can u change the audio for a song ??

P.s. Thanks for all the help

Yeah but it needs to be a certain format (in work cant check)

Under Audio select default track and custom? track it will allow you to play another song over it. The song has to be a specific format, that way you get both the song/game audio/you shouting NOOBs if you recording your game voice too :p

For fancy lighting effects you need something better than Vdub, but you can slow things down and throw in a few effects in vdub.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The output is 30fps, you can try both 30 and 60. I dont notice much of a difference as the 30fps is the outputs FPS not your ingame FPS.
    When recoding, the game will goto whatever FPS you set Fraps to record at.

the_syco wrote: »
    When recoding, the game will goto whatever FPS you set Fraps to record at.

That's what iv noticed i dont mind running at 60 but il try 100fps and see how it turns out
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

That's what iv noticed i dont mind running at 60 but il try 100fps and see how it turns out
    :D

i think that if you set fraps to record at a specific frame rate, and your frame rates happens to drop below the record, i think it actually speeds up the footage if you get me.

when you watch it back, it will kinda go into fast forward more while your framerate is down..

i think so anyway, seemed to happen to me before.

i was messing about with bondicam today, seems good. like a lighter version of fraps. just cant find a full version at the moment.

what do you all use to record bf3 in-game.

Iv used fraps but the size of the files do be 3.4g for around a min.

I use MSI afterburner, record at 80% quality at 1080p 30Frames a second

1 minute of footage is about 400Mb in MJPG format avi

this is re-rendered using a program called handbrake this gives me a 100Mb MP4 file that Sony Vegas can understand

I use Vegas to edit the footage and render it for youtube this is about 60Mb per minute for 1080p

The MSI afterburner program is free and it also records sound (beta version)
    The Handbrake Program is free
    Vegas you pay for but its a great program

I prefer MSI afterburner as my ingame FPS is not tied to the rate of the recording FPS, while I record my FPS does drop but it drops because my graphics card/CPU/RAM are doing more work.

This is a video of me playing metro with the M60,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQQSSgxcYZo

If you set the video to 1080p, in the top right corner you can see my in-game FPS, the time recorded, and the memory usage for the clip

I have an overclocked i5 760, 4Gb fast RAM and a 2Gb HD6950 overclocked, I have my Battlefield 3 graphics set to high (with very little anti aliasing) and I get 80FPS max to 55FPS min, this drops by about 10FPS when recording to my separate internal 250Gb 7200RPM HDD. Which I think is great for 1080p 30 FPS capture.

Sony Vegas is great fast forwarding sections but when it comes to doing slow motion I recommend turning down the in-game sound (or off altogether) as it syncs with the small stuttering of the video and ruins the effect. There are tonnes of guide and tutorials for Vegas on YouTube do its real easy to get the video edited the way you want. I dont bother with any of those filters because BF 3 is played with its own colour filters (imho).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Oh im gonna have to give this a try!!

Edit: This lad's videos are hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ktulu123 wrote: »

That's a quite epic idea with the shotgun: gonna give it a go :D

=-=

What my game looks like when my 4870 overheats. The TiG lads can verify that it looked worse at the LAN;

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

ktulu123 wrote: »

Edit: This lad's videos are hilarious

Oh my god he just invented the 5 fecta, going to have fun with that tonight. Feck shoulda thought of that with the shotty.

Jihad jeeps night on craggy then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Actually when will they fix the explosives showing up, last night i saw a big orange dot on the minimap moving swiftly towards my tank last night and got out in time.

lol think thats all i was doing last night was strapping me jeep and heli's up with some c4 and going for a spin. Alot of the time failing but getting the odd kill or two was worth it haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Actually when will they fix the explosives showing up, last night i saw a big orange dot on the minimap moving swiftly towards my tank last night and got out in time.
    That happened myself and Astro at one stage last night, as you probably heard. It's like a flying mine. Only difference between you and us is that we didn't manage to get out in time :D

Decryptor wrote: »
    That happened myself and Astro at one stage last night, as you probably heard. It's like a flying mine. Only difference between you and us is that we didn't manage to get out in time :D

I didnt get the kill for the flying mine though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Didn't think anyone would ever top the 1942 bazooka loopdaloop...

Advertisement