Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WATER KEFIR GRAINS FREE TO GOOD HOMES

Options
  • 10-06-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

My WATER KEFIR GRAINS are growing very fast in my home. I really don`t want to throw them because I know how it is difficult to get them in Ireland. That`s why I decided to share with other people.
    THEY ARE FREE TO GOOD HOMES IF YOU CAN COLLECT!!!! THEM. Please bring with you your own sterile container that you can buy in pharmacy.
    I CAN ALSO POST BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO PAY FOR P&P!!!!!

And I can help you get started...

I've been growing kefir grains for a few years now, and I have an abundant supply of them that I'm glad to share with you...

I will ship you some of my LIVE Water Kefir Grains, along with everything you'll need to get started growing kefir...

Water kefir is a fantastic pro-biotic drink that has many health benefits due to the bacteria that will keep you healthy. Water kefir is loaded with vitamins, minerals and enzymes. It is even suitable for diabetics. It is good for arthritis, skin, migraines, muscles, heart, liver, nerves, eyes, lungs, kidneys and blood. It is known as a great aid for digestion and overall health.
    It could be great solution for people who do not wish to consume dairy products as water kefir provides the living pro-biotics.

I offer you generous amount of live Water Kefir Grains and instructions for a safe and easy start.

And drinking Water Kefir is a good way to keep our digestive health in balance.
    Restore your inner health and strengthen your immune system. When the body is out of balance, the unfriendly opportunistic guys take over – producing headaches, flu, skin rashes, food allergies, and other more serious disorders.

What you’ll need

1-2 spoons of water kefir grains
    1/2 cup cane sugar (can also be refined white sugar, raw sugar, brown sugar, sugar cane juice or even muscavado)
    6 raisins, sultanas, dried prunes or any other fruit)
    half a lemon
    1-1.5 liter mineral water
    2 liter glass container
    cloth or lid for container
    plastic sieve
    plastic spoon

Steps

Dissolve sugar in mineral water.
    In the container, pour in mineral water and add the sugar. Dissolve sugar using plastic spoon.
    Add kefir grains, raisins and lemon.
    Cover the container with a cloth or lid. Make sure it is not air-tight.
    Place away from sunlight and leave at room temperature of 18oC – 25oC (65oF – 77oF).
    Let ferment for 24, 48 or 72 hours.

Strain and separate kefir grains and everything else.
    Using the plastic sieve separate the kefir grains from the raisins or fruits. Store the kefir grains for the next batch.
    Drink your water kefir.

If you take care about them they can last for many years, growing up every week. You can share with someone else.

Please read more about water kefir grains in the internet

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AW1111

Hi Kate,
    Are you still giving away your water kefir grains?
    Please PM details if you are.
    Thanks,
    A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

I might look into getting another batch so I can make continuously, mine dont seem to be growing and I think I may have damaged them by leaving them dormant too long before starting making water kefir.

Although, Ive read they are very resilient and feeding them gets them going again, I actually drank the first batch which I had to leave for 72 hrs+, I waited for the lemons to sink, seemed like some kind of indication to me, tasted ok, kinda fizzy lemon taste, I might try a second ferment to add fizz and flavour, I dont drink much carbonated drinks, but this might be a nice healthy? replacement for all carbonated and diluted drinks (which I do take in sugar free form, but often wonder about additives).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dar2054

Anybody got kefir grains spare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Water kefir, yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Linny6000

Anyone got milk or water kefir grains for a good home in North County Dublin ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sanjamrda

AW1111 wrote: »
    Hi Kate,
    Are you still giving away your water kefir grains?
    Please PM details if you are.
    Thanks,
    A

Anyone got milk or water kefir grains for a good home in Dublin or Drogheda?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sanjamrda

Anyone got milk or water kefir grains for a good home in Dublin or Drogheda?
    Thanks

Advertisement