Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BANGERNOMICS CAR OF THE WEEK/DAY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Pay it off by the month.. Never seems so bad then

It's still bad when you're only 18 and your quote is €6288 on a 1L Micra :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

emeldc wrote: »
    It's still bad when you're only 18 and your quote is €6288 on a 1L Micra :rolleyes:

No wonder there's so many uninsured drivers... That's extortion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Jesus, where do you live, downtown Bagdad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Jesus, where do you live, downtown Bagdad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

That's the highest quote, what is the lowest? Any points?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

gsi300024v wrote: »
    That's the highest quote, what is the lowest? Any points?

AXA was €6100 ish. 3 quotes fro chill.ie all around the €4.5K mark. No points.

Another crowd called Boxymo.ie (underwritten by AIG) will do it for €2K but the car will be fitted with a tracking system to make sure he behaves himself.

The bit that really pi$$es me off is that if you did pay €6k for the insurance you still can't drive by yourself :confused:. What a fcukin' ripoff.

I think of the higher ones as the company really saying , please go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-sprinter-1988-1-6l/9024344?offset=8
    39692293.jpeg

6 months tax, nearly a year's test. Get it for closer to a grand and ye're laughing

And 3/4s of a tank in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

And 3/4s of a tank in it

You can be sure the amber fuel light will be on when you get it or if not very soon after. that dash has me reminising about the 88 Corolla 1.3 saloon I learned to drive in and the green /amber economy lights on the dash....Thought that so cool at the time and thought the car was so fastredface.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

gsi300024v wrote: »
    I think of the higher ones as the company really saying , please go away.

Yep. They're obliged to quote you, but there's nothing says the quote has to be reasonable.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/95-peugeot-404-diesel/8926842?offset=5
    39180284.jpeg

Comfy, reliable diesel with over a year's test. These are fantastic cars and this one looks really nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Markcheese

AXA was €6100 ish. 3 quotes fro chill.ie all around the €4.5K mark. No points.

Another crowd called Boxymo.ie (underwritten by AIG) will do it for €2K but the car will be fitted with a tracking system to make sure he behaves himself.

The bit that really pi$$es me off is that if you did pay €6k for the insurance you still can't drive by yourself :confused:. What a fcukin' ripoff.

Have you not got a full licence ?? When I was 18 insurance was about 2 grand (punts) on a micra or similar - 2 grand then would be about similar to 4 or 5 now -

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    Have you not got a full licence ?? When I was 18 insurance was about 2 grand (punts) on a micra or similar - 2 grand then would be about similar to 4 or 5 now -
    I remember my brother in law was about 21 and got a quote of maybe 7000 euro on a 1.1 he than got a price of 2200 or around that.
    I suppose some companies just don't want to be in the young people insurance market and others do, a bit like with food shopping, you've MS for more expensive or lidl for cheap, we don't complain that lidl has no expensive wine and M&S have no cheap foods, but we do that with insurance companies it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

Always annoys me that they allowed risk equalization in health insurance to compensate the VHI and it's older customers but allow motor insurers to rape young drivers at their will.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

We have all been there 11 or 12 years ago I was paying a fair bit on a 1.3 civic. Quinn Direct were the crowd I was with and they were the best for young drivers at the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

bladespin wrote: »
    Always annoys me that they allowed risk equalization in health insurance to compensate the VHI and it's older customers but allow motor insurers to rape young drivers at their will.

Ah, but there's a difference.
    It's perfectly fine to have young people who don't have a lot of money and earn less pay outrageous rip-off prices, but the very mention of having older people pay more, who have had good jobs all their life, have lots of saving, all debts paid off and are financially secure, will immediately choke the streets with hundreds of thousands of them, threatening to vote out the government.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

2 MRS cars for sale, 2000 models. Very cheap. I would buy one for the wife if I didnt have more finical commitments this month.

35516555.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/choice-of-two-mr2s/8194878?offset=1

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

biko wrote: »

Lovely car.
    I sold a nice 05 75 recently with 160k miles and a very long test for just over 1300. It was a tidy car but this one looks lovely. Probably abit rich still at this price as they all tend to have the same issues but would be a nice car for around 1700.

That 75 does look lovely indeed.

Original mats and everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

2 MRS cars for sale, 2000 models. Very cheap. I would buy one for the wife if I didnt have more finical commitments this month.

35516555.jpeg

Ad is unclear Chris but I would doubt either of them MR2's have an nct. Guessing they have being laid up for some time also.

This one is hardly bad for the money:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lovely-car-for-sale/9034567

95 Clio 1.4 litre;
    NCT 03/16
    Asking €550

Ad is unclear Chris but I would doubt either of them MR2's have an nct. Guessing they have being laid up for some time also.

This one is hardly bad for the money:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lovely-car-for-sale/9034567

95 Clio 1.4 litre;
    NCT 03/16
    Asking €550

Mk1 Clio, seriously ahead of their time at the time. More so than anything else in its sector.

My great auntie had a 91 one brand new for years, replaced with a 206 CC. Oh how I'd love that now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The red MRS is out of NCT and I cannot read the silver one's plate to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

The red MRS is out of NCT and I cannot read the silver one's plate to find out.

VEHICLE STATUS ENQUIRY DETAILS
    VEHICLE
    Vehicle Registration Number 99C29543
    Vehicle Details TOYOTA / OTHER
    Change Of Vehicle Ownership
    No Changes notified in the last 3 months
    Vehicle Registration Certificate
    No Vehicle Registration Certificate issued in the last 3 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Ah, I read the sellers line "THESE ARE ALL GOOD RUNNING CARS AND A LOT WITH A FRESH N.C.T " far too quickly and assumed he was selling with NCT:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

they have been for sale for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time.

if he bothered his arse to give them a quick shine and do a good advert for each of them he'd have no bother getting his money for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement